As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Just another Friday nite at the [chat]house

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Oh man, the Urbanmech.

They should have a Ruralmech that has a melee pitchfork.

The Axman.

191px-3050_Axeman.jpg

that's what I had in mind, yeah. the main character in the battletech cartoon rode one of those.

speaking of the cartoon, I only noticed a few years ago that its theme song is actually note-for-note from the music of the SNES Mechwarrior game; a cool tune that so far as I know never reappeared anywhere else. I've always kind of wondered what the story behind that was.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, the Urbanmech.

They should have a Ruralmech that has a melee pitchfork.

The Axman.

191px-3050_Axeman.jpg

I had a toy one of those, and some other less interesting mech. The cockpits ejected and everything. They were so cool.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    *snip*

The Panther was a weird mech. So very over gunned for it's weight class but giving up almost all of the traditional advantages of a light mech.

It's top running speed is pretty low but it still has a good set of jump jets. It's a PPC that can hop around.

If I remember correctly it was also lightly armored and rather light on heatsinks for a PPC and an SRM. It could make another light mech's life hell but only if the other mech didn't realize it was there. But if it missed, then that could be a big issue.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Guys! I own Arch's soul. What should I do with it?

Trade it for Pogs.

But I already have a full set of Alf pogs.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    and a Suburbanmech that covers its foes in scorching gouts of premium fair-trade coffee

Movement penalty due to obesity

It used to be an UrbanMech, but moved once it had KidMechs to have a larger Maintenance Bay.

I approve of this post, Deebaser

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What was that really fast light mech that could run circles around everything in MW2 and would dominate everything if you knew how to pilot it and were patient?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Guys! I own Arch's soul. What should I do with it?

Trade it for Pogs.

You mother fucker. I was scrolling through the thread going "Nobody better have mentioned pogs....ROBOS!"

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Wmain, don't. Neither.

Quiet, dog hater! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RpbaUU7NI

NSFW AUDIO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34

NSFW/Eyes/Children

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    PS: It was all about this guy:

418px-Kodiak_CCG_Arsenal.jpg

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    *snip*

The Panther was a weird mech. So very over gunned for it's weight class but giving up almost all of the traditional advantages of a light mech.

It's top running speed is pretty low but it still has a good set of jump jets. It's a PPC that can hop around.

If I remember correctly it was also lightly armored and rather light on heatsinks for a PPC and an SRM. It could make another light mech's life hell but only if the other mech didn't realize it was there. But if it missed, then that could be a big issue.

Last tabletop game I played (though this was several months ago, *sigh*) one of mine was a Panther. It is definetly light on the armor but it has enough heat sinks (13) to jump and fire the PPC pretty much every turn.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Starship Gearbox was observing the Valve Singularity, and a burst of Valvetime has damaged their Nukem Drive.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Panther would wreck on the single player free for all maps though.

PPCs rip through light mechs.

This is why I like assault mechs.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You guys are just jealous of his battle-ready steel.

desc on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SHHHHHHHHHHH

TYLER YOU ARE RUINING THE VIDEO

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really hate DBNull. I have tool-generated business objects and one of the fields in some cases throws a cast exception when I try to access it because it's DBNull. There's no way to check for this, because accessing the field throws an exception. (Well, I guess I'm going to check for it by catching the exception, but that's awfully silly)

also:
    monitor.jpg

mrflippy on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    GODDAMMIT WHAT IS ALL THIS MELEE SHIT DOING IN MY MECHWARRIOR?

No really though I never knew MW had melee in it all the vidja games I played were pew pews and boom booms.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Talking of Mechwarrior always brings up in my head one of my other all-time favorite games, which was made with the Mechwarrior 2 engine: Interstate '76.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JCGZFQZkdc

It took place in an alternate 1970s where the gas crisis never ended and bandit car gangs roamed the highways fighting over fuel, and you were a car vigilante fighting them. It was just like Mechwarrior - you salvaged enemy cars and equipment off the field and fitted them with machine guns and flamethrowers and guided missiles and so on. The best part was you had a .45 that you could shoot out your side window to cap the enemy driver in the head and thus nab his car intact. I was a fucking master at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJCzUVTChBs

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Kagera wrote: »

No really though I never knew MW had melee in it all the vidja games I played were pew pews and boom booms.

Melee has always been the best part of Battletech :)

Half the reason the Atlas kicks so much ass is it's punch does as much damage as a PPC.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Me and my friends played the shit out of that game, jacob.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Surely the medium ranged weapons would make it fearsome at a medum range?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    First day off the ganja. Every second feels like an hour, yadda yadda.

Definitely withdrawal symptoms. No will to work out and any artistic distractions are pissing me off.

I wish I could close my eyes, enter a > sleep command and knock myself out for the next few days or weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc&feature=player_embedded

McAllen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    *snip*

Last tabletop game I played (though this was several months ago, *sigh*) one of mine was a Panther. It is definetly light on the armor but it has enough heat sinks (13) to jump and fire the PPC pretty much every turn.

A quick look shows that I was thinking of the ER PPC variant.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    gah, screw it. I'm hungry and am just going to have an early lunch today.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    gah, screw it. I'm hungry and am just going to have an early lunch today.

Never start your day without a Clif Bar handy.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »

Wasn't it fantastic? I used to love multiplaying with the guys in my dorm.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Surely the medium ranged weapons would make it fearsome at a medum range?

brutal

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, do you think it would be ethical to perform an experiment of sorts?

Lady here says she's allergic to Lysol though whenever there's an audience she coughs up a storm if she smells any Lysol.

Queue to a week later and I'm at work late, working on a server issue and she doesn't see me because I had to go under my desk to grab a thumb drive. Cleaning crew had just Lysol-ed, Clorox-ed and used many major corrosive chemicals in the bathroom not 2 minutes before she walked in. She walked in, walked out, looked at me in the face as I'm now sitting upright at my desk, and hurriedly left the area.

I think she's lying. And I want to get a fragrant-less Lysol so she can't "smell" it and just unload it into the whole office before she gets into work.

Ethical or no?

This is the same lady who "is allergic to corn and boosts here resistance by drinking soda." To which I ate popcorn for lunch and she didn't even half cough or sneeze. Fucker gives people with actual allergies a bad name. Like me.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yay Mechwarrior [Chat]

Has anyone heard anything about the new game that was being worked on? The one that had it's trailer pulled due to using a verboten Mech in the trailer?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Half the reason the Atlas kicks so much ass is it's punch does as much damage as a PPC.

DFA! And yes, getting into Melee with an Atlas is a very bad idea.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Chirst, the level of detail code is going fucking nuts! I remember back when shit like that was acceptable. You were just so excited the game was in 3D at all.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That was something that always bugged me about the games was not having melee. It makes the Atlas a lot less cool than it would otherwise be.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Chirst, the level of detail code is going fucking nuts! I remember back when shit like that was acceptable. You were just so excited the game was in 3D at all.

the game looked a lot better in 3dfx or whatever but I seem to recall that it's a pain in the ass to emulate on a modern machine.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

All-flamer mech configs still rule my socks.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What was that really fast light mech that could run circles around everything in MW2 and would dominate everything if you knew how to pilot it and were patient?

Jenner. One of the best light mechs.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eh melee in mechwarrior makes it into a westernized version of some Japanese mecha anime.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    bowen wrote: »

Lady here says she's allergic to Lysol though whenever there's an audience she coughs up a storm if she smells any Lysol.

Queue to a week later and I'm at work late, working on a server issue and she doesn't see me because I had to go under my desk to grab a thumb drive. Cleaning crew had just Lysol-ed, Clorox-ed and used many major corrosive chemicals in the bathroom not 2 minutes before she walked in. She walked in, walked out, looked at me in the face as I'm now sitting upright at my desk, and hurriedly left the area.

I think she's lying. And I want to get a fragrant-less Lysol so she can't "smell" it and just unload it into the whole office before she gets into work.

Ethical or no?

This is the same lady who "is allergic to corn and boosts here resistance by drinking soda." To which I ate popcorn for lunch and she didn't even half cough or sneeze. Fucker gives people with actual allergies a bad name. Like me.

Oh it's totally unethical to expose someone to something they may be allergic too.

But you should do it anyways, cuz I hate this lady from just your story.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Jenner. One of the best light mechs.

Nah. I found it. The Fire Moth. Throw a MASC on that thing and you tore up any mech in the game given enough time.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    anime...in MY mecha??

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »

Wasn't it fantastic? I used to love multiplaying with the guys in my dorm.

It was. That and TA were probably the games most played when we heaved our heavy computer towers around on weekends.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    bowen wrote: »

Ethical or no?

you could maybe not give a shit

Elendil on
This discussion has been closed.