As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Just another Friday nite at the [chat]house

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tarranon wrote: »
    anime...in MY mecha??

It's more likely than you think.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Eh melee in mechwarrior makes it into a westernized version of some Japanese mecha anime.

I kind of agree. I like the way Steel Battalion portrayed mech melee combat: it was basically what you used when you were out of ammo; it was a giant bayonet.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    bowen wrote: »
    Hey guys, do you think it would be ethical to perform an experiment of sorts?

Lady here says she's allergic to Lysol though whenever there's an audience she coughs up a storm if she smells any Lysol.

Queue to a week later and I'm at work late, working on a server issue and she doesn't see me because I had to go under my desk to grab a thumb drive. Cleaning crew had just Lysol-ed, Clorox-ed and used many major corrosive chemicals in the bathroom not 2 minutes before she walked in. She walked in, walked out, looked at me in the face as I'm now sitting upright at my desk, and hurriedly left the area.

I think she's lying. And I want to get a fragrant-less Lysol so she can't "smell" it and just unload it into the whole office before she gets into work.

Ethical or no?

This is the same lady who "is allergic to corn and boosts here resistance by drinking soda." To which I ate popcorn for lunch and she didn't even half cough or sneeze. Fucker gives people with actual allergies a bad name. Like me.

Conducting this experiment will do nothing to improve your name.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What was that really fast light mech that could run circles around everything in MW2 and would dominate everything if you knew how to pilot it and were patient?

Jenner. One of the best light mechs.

Nah. I found it. The Fire Moth. Throw a MASC on that thing and you tore up any mech in the game given enough time.

I loved it when light mech's failed their rolls with MASC. So now you're slow, lightly armored and lightly gunned? Excellent.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh god the Interstate games.

Man do I wish someone would pick up that IP.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    that would be a terrible idea, Bowen

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    why does everybody have to get so mad about everything

Elendil on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    gah, screw it. I'm hungry and am just going to have an early lunch today.

Never start your day without a Clif Bar handy.

Clif Bars taste like dirt. Luna Bars are much better.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

Why do you have to have a head?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011

but what if she's a liar

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I loved the Nova mech. Outfit that shit with 4 PPCs and just one shot the shit out of the enemy.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What was that really fast light mech that could run circles around everything in MW2 and would dominate everything if you knew how to pilot it and were patient?

Aw yeah.

The Jenner was my bread and butter.

Havelock on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't remember the mech I used, but the last time I played MW4 I built a heavy mech outfitted with so many PPCs and heavy lasers that firing it while standing anywhere would instantly cause a reactor meltdown (blowing up my mech), and the only way to use the mech was to stand in a river and snipe anyone who came near.

I spent way too much time fucking around with that and giggling like mad by blowing up a heavy mech with a single volley while standing mostly underwater. I never finished the game, that was kind of the high point to me.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    japan has a pretty new shiny bike.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Lady here says she's allergic to Lysol though whenever there's an audience she coughs up a storm if she smells any Lysol.

Queue to a week later and I'm at work late, working on a server issue and she doesn't see me because I had to go under my desk to grab a thumb drive. Cleaning crew had just Lysol-ed, Clorox-ed and used many major corrosive chemicals in the bathroom not 2 minutes before she walked in. She walked in, walked out, looked at me in the face as I'm now sitting upright at my desk, and hurriedly left the area.

I think she's lying. And I want to get a fragrant-less Lysol so she can't "smell" it and just unload it into the whole office before she gets into work.

Ethical or no?

This is the same lady who "is allergic to corn and boosts here resistance by drinking soda." To which I ate popcorn for lunch and she didn't even half cough or sneeze. Fucker gives people with actual allergies a bad name. Like me.
    you could maybe not give a shit

I would except everyone who takes a shit sprays Lysol and for some reason she is always right next to the bathroom. Where, surprise, that's right next to my office.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    GODDAMMIT WHAT IS ALL THIS MELEE SHIT DOING IN MY MECHWARRIOR?

No really though I never knew MW had melee in it all the vidja games I played were pew pews and boom booms.

Melee has always been the best part of Battletech :)

Half the reason the Atlas kicks so much ass is it's punch does as much damage as a PPC.

DFA! And yes, getting into Melee with an Atlas is a very bad idea.

Down for Anal?

Kagera on
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Ethical or no?

Oh it's totally unethical to expose someone to something they may be allergic too.

But you should do it anyways, cuz I hate this lady from just your story.

I'm this way with people who exaggerate their stories or fake disorders/diseases. I become secretly obsessed with trying to debunk them, at least when the person has a reputation for being full of shit.

The people who are allergic or are in pain but continue to make cat calls for pity/attention REALLY piss me off. If you're in pain or suffering then I'll help you but I don't need to hear your ugly swan song. Especially when I know you wouldn't be expressing a damn sound if you were alone.

EDIT: There is almost no good reason to drink Soda

McAllen on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tarranon wrote: »
    anime...in MY mecha??

It's not like anime and giant robots go together at all, man.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Ethical or no?

I would except everyone who takes a shit sprays Lysol and for some reason she is always right next to the bathroom. Where, surprise, that's right next to my office.
    you can still maybe not give a shit

Elendil on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bowen, just assume she's a fecophile and annoyed that everyone is lysoling away her shit smelling kink.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I drink soda because it tastes good. I mean sure I can eat porridge but why eat porridge when I can eat bacon, or toast, or anything not porridge. Plus the water here actually tastes like I'm drinking pure chlorine.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ethical or no?

this is the very best advice.

desc on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    you can still maybe not give a shit

Well the whole problem is people are giving literal shits.

Solve that problem and I'll entertain your resolution.

bowen on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »

Verily, today is the day of shiny things.

japan on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    So I ran into myself today when I went to town.

http://i54.tinypic.com/11qjvbc.jpg

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Ethical or no?

So use Febreze silly buns.

Kagera on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    She's probably one of those Multiple Chemical Sensitivity people.

You know.

Those people.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    McAllen wrote: »

Ethical or no?

Oh it's totally unethical to expose someone to something they may be allergic too.

But you should do it anyways, cuz I hate this lady from just your story.

I'm this way with people who exaggerate their stories or fake disorders/diseases. I become secretly obsessed with trying to debunk them, at least when the person has a reputation for being full of shit.

The people who are allergic or are in pain but continue to make cat calls for pity/attention REALLY piss me off. If you're in pain or suffering then I'll help you but I don't need to hear your ugly swan song. Especially when I know you wouldn't be expressing a damn sound if you were alone.

I am allergic to beer. It seriously pisses me off the number of people who take it upon themselves to try and force drinks on me, slip me beer, or otherwise "debunk" my medical condition. In college I'd need to keep Benadryl handy because fucking everyone kept slipping me beer at parties. Then 3 or 4 minutes later I'd go bright red and start throwing up and spend the rest of the night with a giant lump in my throat. Yet it still kept happening because I "must be faking it because no one is allergic to beer and I saw you drink it this one time".

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    youre the best

arou-ound

nothins ever gonna beat you down

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

MW2 was all-clan mechs. I think he means the Firemoth.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    japan wrote: »

Shall there be pics?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    japan wrote: »

Everything is so shiny and new!

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Kagera wrote: »

Ethical or no?

So use Febreze silly buns.

She's allergic to that, rubbing alcohol, alcohol gel, hand sanitizer, hand sanitizing foam, glade, anything that has a fragrence besides asshole and b/o and corn.

And then if any of those things is smelt, she coughs like a hooker with tuberculosis. It wouldn't be so bad if the cough didn't physically hurt my brain. Think of it like you have the worst hangover possible and someone has a megaphone next to your head and is yelling into it.

bowen on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    So I ran into myself today when I went to town.

http://i54.tinypic.com/11qjvbc.jpg

Did you fight him
    OR fuck him?

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Nah. I found it. The Fire Moth. Throw a MASC on that thing and you tore up any mech in the game given enough time.

ANother good one.

A big problem for me was in MW2 they used clanner names and in the later ones they used inner sphere names.

Made it hard to keep track sometimes.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am allergic to beer. It seriously pisses me off the number of people who take it upon themselves to try and force drinks on me, slip me beer, or otherwise "debunk" my medical condition. In college I'd need to keep Benadryl handy because fucking everyone kept slipping me beer at parties. Then 3 or 4 minutes later I'd go bright red and start throwing up and spend the rest of the night with a giant lump in my throat. Yet it still kept happening because I "must be faking it because no one is allergic to beer and I saw you drink it this one time".

Psychosomatic.

Feral on

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I admit I am skeptical of people who say they are allergic to gluten.

Ludious on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Bowen what will you do on the off chance that she is allergic and you kill her?

Sheep on
This discussion has been closed.