As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tim Schafer's [DÜDLE] Legend

• NicNic Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    bustttteeeeeeed

I keep seeing that and reading "Buttseed" only all stretched out like you have it.

EDIT P-P-P-PAGEBREAKER:
    square wrote: »
    Since I'm the best in my math class I can draw some doodles during that time.

diddily_dooddily_by_squar3x-d4salon.png

I actually wore the Batman in the bus on the way back to home.
    (Damn I'm pretty awful with pencils, look at those marks all over the paper)
    Going to see if I can do a sketch a day, starting this week.

Here's today's, I'm trying to keep them under 10 minutes, but in a few weeks I'm hoping to start posting more color sketches around a half hour each.

Basically I'm taking the advice from my comic thread to start posting more doodles and non comic related stuff.

03082012.jpg
    Working on a painting for a charity thing, and it's a post apocalyptic theme, so I'm doing a Beatles "Abbey Road" kind of thing with four survivors walking.

This is just a quick 5-10 minute workup of one of the characters.

c8mfzu.jpg
    I'm painting this at the moment? It's like 9 metres tall or something. The figure is kind of to scale, I think. Or maybe its a bit small. I don't know. ITS PRETTY BIG.

ROCKCLIMBWORKINGweb.jpg

Nic on
  • squaresquare Cockbutt TurinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    (na-na)x8 Batmaaaan!

batman___doodle_by_squar3x-d4saxt8.png

Not as gÜd as Fug batman, but hey! It's the motherfu**ing Batman!

EDIT: I was wondering if opening a personal thread would have been a good idea.

square on
    Mm9Qsm4.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I like it.

Here's my warm up from this morning.

03092012.jpg

are YOU on the beer list?
    new idea!

snowboarder___quicksketch_by_squar3x-d4sbfqh.png

Mm9Qsm4.png
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    colonel_dog_by_emir0-d4sbi4w.png
    Literally.

• The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    facedoodle.jpg

Facedoodles using some brushes i found on Iruka's tumblr.

edited March 2012
    m3nace wrote: »
    Literally.
    l9Dfj.png

myfacewhen

square on
    Mm9Qsm4.png
    A dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do.

• SaintElmosWireSaintElmosWire Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Eeeeee new D&D campaign planning time :D

Airshipconcept1small.jpg

SaintElmosWire on
    MvViV.jpg
  • Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    I would like to play d&d again one day.

Those were good times.

Instagram: fadedsneakers
    quick_sketch1_by_squar3x-d4sei9t.png

shit gonna be massive

Mm9Qsm4.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    augh. eventually you don't have to think about proportions right? maybe I should go back to drawing block men for a while.

more_anatomy_by_anondum-d4sfc39.jpg

edited March 2012
    BryanLeeOMalleypb.png

Edit: linked the wrong version

Nic on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    bluhuuuurrrrrrgggghhhhh

24kwdh0.jpg

• MyntMynt Registered User regular
    unmask-test-thumbnail.jpg

Started sketching out the panels for a preview of a story I've been working on, and looking for some crits. Thanks in advance!

• SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    quick sketch of craziness!!!
    prac7.jpg

Mynt - those mountains look like small rocks directly in front of the character, there is no depth there.

Tam - that looks slick.

• Faded_SneakersFaded_Sneakers City of AngelsRegistered User regular
    Reminds me of princess mononoke

It didn't in the first sketch but the fox made it pop

I like the sweeping feel of it so far are you planning to color?

Instagram: fadedsneakers
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    Work in progress, boo iphone/fluro lighting combo

IMG_0830.jpg

Mynt - those mountains look like small rocks directly in front of the character, there is no depth there.

Yeah, I see it now... I'll probably have to rework the sketch to give a greater sense of depth/scale...
    Reminds me of princess mononoke

It didn't in the first sketch but the fox made it pop

I like the sweeping feel of it so far are you planning to color?

Yeah, I'll be coloring it :)

Another Hobbit poster, quick little thing this time.
    minimalist_hobbit_poster_by_emir0-d4si1fj.png

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't really like the straight vectors of the dragon against the loopy curves of snow - it feels clashy, somehow? But the overall design direction is good, stronger than your earlier one I think.

The first impression that I had was: "Hey that dragon has a mountain up his arse!"

Mm9Qsm4.png
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    my first impression was "Charizard?!"

Oh fuck, you're right. That is Charizard! And it has a mountain up its arse, a mountain that definitely conflicts with the sharpness of the lines! *wanders off to do something about it*

• KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It's the eyebrow makes it look Charizardy for me, I'd recognize that angry dragon eyebrow anywhere! If you go further with that idea, you could totally do something neat with silhouettes at the bottom of his wings.

I don't know what that something would be, but it would be neat.

EDIT: I would suggest making the rest of his body under the wings should be bigger, it would look more like the mountain is hiding the rest of his body, and less like his butt is hiding the mountain perhaps?

Kronus on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I think if the mountain was more prominent and less cartoony, and the dragon was more backgroundish or misty it would help the design a lot. Also using the pen tool to make less angular curves would improve the dragon.

• Wilhelm_IIIWilhelm_III Registered User regular
    Great stuff mynt, can't wait to see it more fleshed out! here be some art for a card game I'm working on. I want to take this and make it more into a show piece later, so CC much app'd!

Jump_Rangers_018_small.jpg

• TamTam Registered User regular
    I don't like the arms being that short
    but that's pretty cool

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Goron Commando

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Goron Commando

Heh.

This is one of those pictures that just struck me out of the blue more or less fully-formed in my imagination, which always makes me nervous because I know it'll never look right to me when I try and execute on it, and also because the idea seems so solid in my head that I think, 'wait, have I seen this somewhere before?' So I'm kinda expecting any minute someone to come in and post a .jpeg of whatever my mind is subconsciously plagiarizing.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Worst feeling.

Anyway, the body shape is only sort of Goron-ish. It's really cool and I want to see the story around it.

• Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    Bleh. First landscape ever, and clearly I have never spent any time outside of a major city. Sooner or later, I'm gonna have to do something about the fact that I'm just not terribly creative. This is homework, and I'm only being graded on whether or not I can follow directions, but if anyone has any ideas on how to fill up all this empty space, I've got about 16 hours to finish it.

hw_landsc_snow.jpg

There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Why's the sky brown? For a snowscape a cooler palette probably be more appropriate.

• Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    The color choices are based on a painting I saw a long time ago that I can't seem to find now. It was another snowscape, but was full of reddish-browns and yellows. Not very cold-looking, sure, but certainly interesting. Actually, in searching for that old painting, I found a few other snowscapes with warm palettes that seem like they could work better. I think I'll slap some pinks and purples on there and cool down the sky, see if that works.

There was something important here. It's gone now.

Heh.

This is one of those pictures that just struck me out of the blue more or less fully-formed in my imagination, which always makes me nervous because I know it'll never look right to me when I try and execute on it...

I know that feeling... It's like, why do I even TRY drawing anything when it'll never look as good as I imagine it will be??

Update:
    BryanLeeOMalley2.png

playing with shading, improved the face, arms, added reflections in the water, generally improved stuff

• SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    haha that looks silly.

i dont think u need to have that sonic head on the shirt, since the rest is very recognizable. so it kinda hits you over the head with the message.

SeveredHead on
    BryanLeeOMalley3.png
    better?

• Lewis RiceLewis Rice Registered User regular
    Hey guys. Haven't been on here in a while! Here's something i've been doing today.Herewego_small_lewisrice.jpg

This discussion has been closed.