As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stan Lee presents: [chat]

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They only showed the first season and maybe the half of the second one over here. I will never forgive them.

Haphazard on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    i've been pretty good on my diet. only had like one drink since PAX and have been pretty good about sticking to the diet.

i cheated this morning and ate this packet of cotton candy that i got at PAX and was just staring at me, daring me to eat it.

also, i'm gonna eat my indian food tonight with rice and maybe have a drink too.

still, i'm 14 pounds down over the past 4 weeks or so, so i am feelin ok about it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Ah, Uncharted. That's one of those games that somehow escaped my radar.

To keep the comic themes running: I'm like a non-blind Daredevil without a radar sense and also fat.

Also you lack a law degree. Really you sound more like the Kingpin then Daredevil.

:lol:

Well, actually... I've never tried a white suit...

I camwhored last thread, I can't do it again.

Haphazard on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    nice op, jacob.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone here played Shogun yet? I'm cautiously excited about it but I will probably not pick it up for a month or two.

Sparvy on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Daxon on
    edited March 2011
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Anyone here played Shogun yet? I'm cautiously excited about it but I will probably not pick it up for a month or two.

I installed it. :P

Played the demo, though, which was fine. Ran better on my machine than Empire!

Haphazard on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    chicken tikka masala tonight

also that vegetable korma-ish thing. i have so much food that i am kind of worried it is gonna go bad before we get through it.

i wish i had more local friends i could invite over. i could see if our hipster buddies are available.

I am so incredibly jealous. Does a plate of that over there cost $15 in a restaurant like it does here?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sparvy wrote: »

I am also curious about the same thing.

Though I just saw they are starting preorders for Heroes of Might and Magic 6 and Dynasty Warriors 7 is coming out next week so I might just give shogun a miss until summer.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011

also that vegetable korma-ish thing. i have so much food that i am kind of worried it is gonna go bad before we get through it.

i wish i had more local friends i could invite over. i could see if our hipster buddies are available.

I am so incredibly jealous. Does a plate of that over there cost $15 in a restaurant like it does here?

you can get it for around $7 at the indian dive in inman square. it's cramped, always crowded, and kind of filthy but the food is sublime. i took organichu there when he was in town.

it's probably $12-$18 at a nice indian place.

also, making it at home i have the option of making it a little healthier than the restaurants would (use less oil, yogurt instead of cream, chicken breast meat, etc)

i have a photo of the tandoori chicken and veg curry i made last night in the cooking thread. gonna cut up and use that chicken for the tikka masala.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So just drove the female to work. There are SUVs lined up for a mile trying to turn into the grounds of The Kings School. I suspect it is for some Rugby Union malarky. I hope they all catch fire.

Apothe0sis on
    edited March 2011
    I'm still comparing prices from home to prices from Boston. Some interesting stuff, there. I still can't believe a week of public transport only costs 15$, for instance.

Haphazard on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

To keep the comic themes running: I'm like a non-blind Daredevil without a radar sense and also fat.

I picked up the first Uncharted the same day I got my PS3. The combat left an incredibly foul taste in my mouth but I'm fairly sure that's far more on me than the game.

HappylilElf on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man this beer is tasting just the right kind of cold! The cheeses are pretty good too. What would be great is if the women would stop watching this very graphic health show about odd diseases and menstrual cycles

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    From what I have heard Shogun is pretty awesome. Has cleaned up pretty much everything. The avatar system is suppose to work really well for the new multiplayer when the multiplayer is working. Single player is a lot more complex than the original Shogun but not as much throwing you to the wolves as Empire.

Basically I really want it but I can't convince myself it is worth the money yet.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm still comparing prices from home to prices from Boston. Some interesting stuff, there. I still can't believe a week of public transport only costs 15$, for instance.

The Free Market!

Thomamelas on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

you can get it for around $7 at the indian dive in inman square. it's cramped, always crowded, and kind of filthy but the food is sublime. i took organichu there when he was in town.

it's probably $12-$18 at a nice indian place.

also, making it at home i have the option of making it a little healthier than the restaurants would (use less oil, yogurt instead of cream, chicken breast meat, etc)

i have a photo of the tandoori chicken and veg curry i made last night in the cooking thread. gonna cut up and use that chicken for the tikka masala.

I really just need to learn how to cook
    I really need to stop being poor

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited March 2011

I picked up the first Uncharted the same day I got my PS3. The combat left an incredibly foul taste in my mouth but I'm fairly sure that's far more on me than the game.

Uncharted 2 made the combat a lot better. But man I sound like an angry sailor during some of the fights. I miss my pinpoint shot shooting that I do with my mouse. But running throw and shooting stuff with the shotgun makes it better. And I tend to punch things that I can.

I watched a lets play of Uncharted 1 because I didn't want to replay it. And Really uncharted 2 is like 100 times better.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    fuck graphics card naming conventions

the same for processors

this shit is mind-boggling

Tav on
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

The Free Market!

It's like one day, two tops over here. Astounding. Food varies greatly. Restaurant prices are about the same, takeout and fast-food is a good deal cheaper.

Haphazard on
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    From what I have heard Shogun is pretty awesome. Has cleaned up pretty much everything. The avatar system is suppose to work really well for the new multiplayer when the multiplayer is working. Single player is a lot more complex than the original Shogun but not as much throwing you to the wolves as Empire.

Basically I really want it but I can't convince myself it is worth the money yet.

Nice, my problem is that I can't really justify putting a lot of time into it right now. But I sure want to

Sparvy on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh Lord my joints.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited March 2011
    Oh Lord my joints.

One at a time, Cass.

Haphazard on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    my world is pain

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    that tika masala was delicious

Organichu on
    edited March 2011
    It's not your world!

Haphazard on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh Lord my joints.

cheech__chong_4.jpg

:?:

Thomamelas on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cass doesn't puff puff pass

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gurkhas are apparently the bossest soldiers in the world

http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/fullNews.php?headline=Gurkha+gets+UK%C2%B4s+2nd+best+honour&NewsID=281409

not long ago another Gurkha soldier fought a group of up to 30 (!) armed people trying to rob a train and single-handedly managed to stop them

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Uncharted 2 made the combat a lot better. But man I sound like an angry sailor during some of the fights. I miss my pinpoint shot shooting that I do with my mouse. But running throw and shooting stuff with the shotgun makes it better. And I tend to punch things that I can.

I watched a lets play of Uncharted 1 because I didn't want to replay it. And Really uncharted 2 is like 100 times better.

I think I enjoyed the game overall but the were definately moments. That final fight had me damn near ready to break something by the time I finally managed to muddle through it.

Might have to look into picking up 2 sometime though if it hits greatest hits territory. At the moment I'm still trying to figure out how to not suck in MvC3 when I'm not playing Rock Band :P

HappylilElf on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Spotting a Taliban attack, he ran to the roof with a 7.62mm general purpose machine gun mounted on a tripod. As the insurgents came over the wall, Pun realised he could not lower the gun enough to hit them. So he yanked out the pins locking it down, chucking the heavy tripod at the enemy, and lifted it up. He also beat off the attackers with grenades and an SA80 rifle before reinforcements arrived.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    stan-lee-asgard.jpg

Jacobkosh, the colossal commander of computer conversation, commences with another capital [chat] thread, true believers!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited March 2011
    my world is pain

Did you neglect to stretch enough after exercising?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited March 2011

http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/fullNews.php?headline=Gurkha+gets+UK%C2%B4s+2nd+best+honour&NewsID=281409

not long ago another Gurkha soldier fought a group of up to 30 (!) armed people trying to rob a train and single-handedly managed to stop them

Yup, they're the best mercs in the world.

Bloody terrifying is what they are.

Daxon on
    edited March 2011
    This episode of Nova about building an authentic (well, as much as is possible based on current archeologicial data) ancient Egyptian New Kingdom era sailing ship is pretty good.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1379655910

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

they apparently carry mean knives too

Hurrah for mercenary nations who helped keep India British

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    edited March 2011
    Spotting a Taliban attack, he ran to the roof with a 7.62mm general purpose machine gun mounted on a tripod. As the insurgents came over the wall, Pun realised he could not lower the gun enough to hit them. So he yanked out the pins locking it down, chucking the heavy tripod at the enemy, and lifted it up. He also beat off the attackers with grenades and an SA80 rifle before reinforcements arrived.

200px-Audie_Murphy_uniform_medals.jpg

Is not impressed.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011

I think I enjoyed the game overall but the were definately moments. That final fight had me damn near ready to break something by the time I finally managed to muddle through it.

Might have to look into picking up 2 sometime though if it hits greatest hits territory. At the moment I'm still trying to figure out how to not suck in MvC3 when I'm not playing Rock Band :P

It has hit greatest hits, but not quiet to 20 bucks. I picked it up for 35 bucks as the goty edition so I have all the dlc. Really though, outside a few fights its up there with Batman:AA and AC:2for games that fucking rocked the house on my ps3.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited March 2011
    Sometimes I feel wikipedia explains things in ways that could similarly be used to explained stuff to our future alien overlords who have no concept of humanity.

Daxon on
    edited March 2011
    I'm watching the last (or latest) episode of Being Human. Holy fuck!

Haphazard on
This discussion has been closed.