As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Personal lives and hiring decisions (two threads in one!)

1235»

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »
    fuck. I just googled myself and apparently a youtube comment I made back in 2009 was quoted in a newspaper. Goddamnit Brumby! I said that comment was OFF the record!

Maybe if you weren't such a savage creature.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ten pages of Gim Google search and I don't show up once.

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to make threatening remarks against various public figures in a cooking thread.

Gim on
  • Options
    hanskeyhanskey Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You know that thread is still open. You can edit the title still.
    You know you can always re-write history by editing or deleting your posts, so that way it's all a bunch of bullshit by the time googler's want to read it, right?

I mean, if you don't like the way you presented yourself (or others presented you), then change it. Nothing is static.

hanskey on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    It's the thread title...and it's not my thread. I can't change the thread title in google.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I see now. Even worse, the first page of posts has a very high number of pedophile related posts, but none of them refer to your username. Yeesh. That falls into my "kinda funny, but mostly unreasonably mean and douche-like" classification...

In fact, I'll call it what it is: slander.

Edit: The more I think about the less ok I am about that fucking thread title. Looks like a legitimate reason to sue to me, particularly if you are job seeking where they might find out the link between your real name and your PA name.

hanskey on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I don't think I'm going to sue Jeff or Khoo over that.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Prolly not, but it's definitely slander and would definitely harm you in seeking employment... It's a joke gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far and should be changed, period.

Besides the thread title's not even funny, just juvenile, lame and criminally irresponsible and I find it very offensive because of that.

hanskey on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hanskey wrote: »
    the thread title's not even funny, just juvenile, lame and criminally irresponsible ...very offensive

Wait, so it does accurately describe Justin?

:P <3

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    AT&T had to give me a randomly generated temporary password today to get back into the portal and my email, because earlier douchebag technicians reset my password without telling me.

The temp pwd they gave me? yar600.

They know man. They KNOW.

Yar on
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We had a variation on this today.

One of our newest hires has decided that he should have a blog. A blog where he discusses what is going on at work. With his real name and a real company name. If he's lucky, he'll just get an official written warning.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We had a variation on this today.

One of our newest hires has decided that he should have a blog. A blog where he discusses what is going on at work. With his real name and a real company name. If he's lucky, he'll just get an official written warning.

Now that's just retarded.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    And if humanity is lucky, he'll sterilize himself. That is seriously the dumbest thing.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    At least use a fucking pen name!! It's not like what the kid's doing has never been done before, but seriously, get some CYA smarts.

Funny thing is that this happens all the time when we tell our friends or significant other about work and it's almost never going to cause you problems as long as you aren't saying mean things about work to the wrong people. This is really only a problem because of the Internet.

hanskey on