As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Restaurant/Health code.

WeirdNutWeirdNut Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
My good friend was recently hired to be head cook at a local restaurant. He cooked delicious food for the interview, and is seemingly doing well at his job. He recently asked me to come assist as a sous chef (I have cooking background, servsafe certified etc.) When I came in I noticed that no rotation or proper HAACP protocols are being followed. No date stickers, rotations, FIFO procedures etc. He comes from a catering background, and all product is used on a week to week basis, he may not know proper procedure for commercial restaurant safety codes. I have a full time day job, and am assisting to cover for him at night. I am terribly afraid that we may make a patron sick, and I do not want him to lose his position if the health inspector shows up and shuts him down. What is the best way to assist him in proper procedure? He is a bit headstrong, and has recently taken the ServSafe test, but may have failed. What is my best bet to ensure safety procedure if he will not respond to subtle hints on food safety?

WeirdNut on

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you're giving him subtle hints and he's not taking, quit giving subtle hints and tell him straight up.

Preferably when you're not in the kitchen or within earshot of anyone you wouldn't want hearing that shit hasn't been taken care of properly.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Are the basics being followed?

Like, don't put chicken above everything else on the rack and that sort of thing?

Maybe you should start sharpieing dates on things.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Say something to him. It's as simple as that. When (not if, because one will) the health inspector comes by, those will be some serious violations on the inspection.

Esh on
  • WeirdNutWeirdNut Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just had a good phone convo in regards to the above. Lock please.

WeirdNut on
This discussion has been closed.