As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bro[chat]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Oh, wow. It does look like pineapple. I presume it's just super unripe bits of tomato though? It would explain the bad texture.

Yeah, I presume so too. Completely flavorless, and kinda crunchy. Generally unpleasant to suddenly chew on.

Sudden unexpected crunchiness in my food is the worst thing.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    David the Gnome.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    All of the good old cartoons have been censored to hell and back.

Oh god yes. Looney Tunes has been ripped apart and put back together so many times now who knows if the originals even exist anymore.

Beavis and Butthead lack all the music video segments, which were the best part of that show, because of licensing rights.

The Ren & Stimpy collections that came out a few years back were all censored to fuck as too.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Oh is this the time where we reminisce about old cartoons?

You guys are being pretty generic in your answers.

I'm gonna go Saban's The Adventures of Peter Pan

A show I can't remember the name of that starred a bird that could shrink and grow and change colour.

Probably not what you're thinking of, but you've reminded me of the Conan the Barbarian series. good stuff.

There was a phoenix that could merge with walls / shields / etc.

Tamin on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bonkers was a fun one.

Oh and King Arthur and the Knights of Justice had what has to still be the most radically tubular opening sequence in the history of cartoonography.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    David the Gnome.

Oh wow. Flashbacks.

David the Gnome, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Belle and Sebastian I think were my favorites. Maybe a little Dungeons and Dragons thrown in there.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Excuse me, Conan the Adventurer. And not as good as I remembered.

Tamin on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    *sigh*

Since my brother decided that fucking with the family server was a fun past time, the xkcd law of encryption may need to be put into effect.

Is that where you cut his fingers off so he can't type?

Something along those lines sounds good.

I just spend the last 1.5 hours cleaning out his bullshit backdoors, since I'm revoking the "all family have root access" policy.

The problem of course is, the correct thing to do would be wipe the OS partition and start over but I don't much want to go to the trouble.

Fortunately it seems he didn't wipe his .bash_history trail, so I managed to get everything I think.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Captain Zed and the Zee Zone.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    bowen wrote: »
    David the Gnome.

Oh wow. Flashbacks.

David the Gnome, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Belle and Sebastian I think were my favorites. Maybe a little Dungeons and Dragons thrown in there.

k. so now Im going to have the theme to the Mysterious Cities of Gold in my head all morning. Thanks dude.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    David the Gnome was my shit

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Dreamstone!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Oh god yes. Looney Tunes has been ripped apart and put back together so many times now who knows if the originals even exist anymore.

Beavis and Butthead lack all the music video segments, which were the best part of that show, because of licensing rights.

The Ren & Stimpy collections that came out a few years back were all censored to fuck as too.

Now you too can own several hours of blank screen on this exclusive DVD set!

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bloody hell, japan, check your sodding phone. sat here in limbo till he rings and tells me what to do about the car. Grr.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »
    David the Gnome.

Oh wow. Flashbacks.

k. so now Im going to have the theme to the Mysterious Cities of Gold in my head all morning. Thanks dude.

Do do do do do do Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ah ah, cities of gooooooold.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I remember when David the Gnome saved all those poor deer from drowning on that flooded island.

Man was a goddamn hero.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    David the Gnome.

There's a Christmas special (or it might just be two episodes mashed together, I dunno) that's considered a Christmas classic here in Sweden. It was aired every christmas when I was a kid, then it stopped. My mom gave it to me on DVD this year.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Aha, the movie came first, then the TV series.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    David the Gnome.

Oh wow. Flashbacks.

Ulysses, Ulysseeeees
    Searching through all the Galaxyyyyy
    In search of Earth, riding into the night!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There must be a streaming site that plays all the cartoon theme songs.

Tamin on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    David the Gnome.

Oh wow. Flashbacks.

that's the spot. yeah.
    Wierd. It looks like the full episodes are up on hulu.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    David the Gnome.

Oh wow. Flashbacks.

Ulysses, Ulysseeeees

:^:

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ulysses, Ulysseeeees

Parts of that show freaked me out. The room with all the "dead" people. D:

Echo on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I went back and watched an episode of David the Gnome a year or two ago. It had a lot of metric conversions and environmentalism. Kind of makes you wonder just how formative those years are, and what the Spongebob Generation will really turn out like.

TL DR on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

The Looney Tunes Golden Age Collections are the closest to unedited you'll find. They're missing a few cartoons, but the ones included are intact.

The Beavis & Butthead Mike Judge Collection has some of the video segments in it still. But it includes several edits.

I recently found all 116 Hanna-Barbera produced Tom & Jerry cartoons (all the good ones) completely unedited and undubbed.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My brain has died. I just invented the circle, by hand. Using loads of stupidly complicated geometric relations. We don't need to invent circles they already exist. BOOOOO

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    There must be a streaming site that plays all the cartoon theme songs.

180px-Saturday_Morning.jpg

Greatest novelty album ever. Listening to Matthew Sweet's Scooby Doo now.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I went back and watched an episode of David the Gnome a year or two ago. It had a lot of metric conversions and environmentalism. Kind of makes you wonder just how formative those years are, and what the Spongebob Generation will really turn out like.

Full of ADHD, they lack what Bill Nye gave us. Fucking science.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    By the Great Galaxy I am Ulysses and will keep talking like this in a very long sentence and explain how I will never abandon my companions but the audience doesn't mind because I have jet boots and a cross between a phaser and a lightsaber!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My brain has died. I just invented the circle, by hand. Using loads of stupidly complicated geometric relations. We don't need to invent circles they already exist. BOOOOO

Re-inventing the circle is even more useless than re-inventing the wheel.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eureka's Castle and Spinwheel.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

The Looney Tunes Golden Age Collections are the closest to unedited you'll find. They're missing a few cartoons, but the ones included are intact.

The Beavis & Butthead Mike Judge Collection has some of the video segments in it still. But it includes several edits.

I recently found all 116 Hanna-Barbera produced Tom & Jerry cartoons (all the good ones) completely unedited and undubbed.

Do they have the one with Donald Duck fighting Hitler? I want to Godwin my children at a young age.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Eureka's Castle and Spinwheel.

Pinwheel.
    Heathen.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I need to hurry up and load a hard drive with every good cartoon I've watched for my Godson when his parents decide to move to Canada.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    By the Great Galaxy I am Ulysses and will keep talking like this in a very long sentence and explain how I will never abandon my companions but the audience doesn't mind because I have jet boots and a cross between a phaser and a lightsaber!

It was his shield that I liked the most.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Do they have the one with Donald Duck fighting Hitler? I want to Godwin my children at a young age.
    No, that's Disney, and Disney are Nazis about cartoons about cartoon Nazis.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I have a very special secret. I'm the only one who knows about tiny people living in our walls ...

Yeah, he doesn't sound insane at all

Tamin on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    wish i could work and listen to podcasts at the same time, oh wells.

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.