Options

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

18911131499

Posts

  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    certain bosses have cores that become exposed as they get low on health to let you know that then would probably be a good time to stop sandbagging and start unloading big numbers. Other's fall over when they take too much damage to the back and become immobile for a short period of time, other's start limping around and moving a bit more sluggishly before going berserk; attacking faster and harder, no reticule for their big aoes, etc. It looked pretty well done, but not so erratic that you would get randomly one shot unless you were alt-tabbed or something.

    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Frogster is to announce the EU beta schedule and physical CE box today I'm hearing

    Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Need to play this game...

  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Also Monster Hunter MMO is actually amazing and has these really cool wyverns that have a progressive AI that will learn to beat the shit out of you.

    ..Oh right, TERA.

    Lancer? Probably. Man, anything that looks like it might be a Dragoon.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Does this mean my code registered correctly? I got a "derp, something went wrong, we've been notified" after entering the code.
    Account Type:	Trial Account
    Account Status:	Active
    

  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Anyone that pre-ordered through Amazon see a code yet?

  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Glal wrote:
    Does this mean my code registered correctly? I got a "derp, something went wrong, we've been notified" after entering the code.
    Account Type:	Trial Account
    Account Status:	Active
    

    What region are you anyway? I preordered on the site and it autoflagged me for whatever I'm supposed to be flagged for.

    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I got the "something went wrong" notification as well, but it lets me log on and download the client, so I guess it's just a faulty error message.

  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Yep, seems to have worked, I could patch up and fire it up to the server select (unsurprisingly, can't connect to server).
    Now to freeze myself until the 10th...

  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    http://community.tera-europe.com/home/news/article/sneak-peek-event.html

    Euros get to sneak peak for free this weekend. Limited keys gogogo

    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    They had 200 keys which probably were gone long before you posted the link.

  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Account Type: Collector's Edition
    Account Status: Active

    Awww yeah.

    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    I got one for myself as did my brother as I posted the link, I expect more 'partner' links will appear there as 200 is pretty limited.

    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Lucky jerks! Oh god tell us how it is ;.;

    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I'm just saying the Internet moves fast

  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote:
    Anyone that pre-ordered through Amazon see a code yet?

    I too would like to know this. Also, is it possible to get into the closed beta through an Amazon preorder and then cancel if you don't like it? I really want to try this, but I'm not 100% convinced that I want to pay full price and a sub just yet.

  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote:
    ForceVoid wrote:
    Anyone that pre-ordered through Amazon see a code yet?

    I too would like to know this. Also, is it possible to get into the closed beta through an Amazon preorder and then cancel if you don't like it? I really want to try this, but I'm not 100% convinced that I want to pay full price and a sub just yet.

    Well the sub doesn't bill until the end of the free 30days, so it's just purchase price if bought thru the En Masse store.

    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I'd wait for the open beta if I wasn't sure.

    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Vi Monks wrote:
    ForceVoid wrote:
    Anyone that pre-ordered through Amazon see a code yet?

    I too would like to know this. Also, is it possible to get into the closed beta through an Amazon preorder and then cancel if you don't like it? I really want to try this, but I'm not 100% convinced that I want to pay full price and a sub just yet.

    Well the sub doesn't bill until the end of the free 30days, so it's just purchase price if bought thru the En Masse store.

    Yeah, but I'd rather be able to try the beta without committing to the $50 for a full purchase just yet. I'm not European, so I can't get on that five euro beta access deal.

  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Beezel wrote:
    I'd wait for the open beta if I wasn't sure.

    Pretty much this.

    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Beezel wrote:
    I'd wait for the open beta if I wasn't sure.

    Pretty much this.

    Yeah, I will before I commit $50. But if I can preorder from Amazon, get into the beta, and then cancel if I don't like it, I might as well. I'm impatient, you see.

  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I'm fairly sure I'm buying this game, but getting a preview for 5EUR and potentially save 45 if it turns out I hate it? Yeah, can't complain about that. Though I expect the physical box will actually end up cheaper than the digital download once they hit the stores. Somehow they always do.

  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Someone says buffed.de have keys but I can't understand enough to navigate the site myself.

    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/tera-online-sneak-peek-access-key-giveaway/getkey

    These guys got given an extra 500 keys twice now, not sure if still available.

    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Adda wrote:
    http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/tera-online-sneak-peek-access-key-giveaway/getkey

    These guys got given an extra 500 keys twice now, not sure if still available.

    Worked for me. Thanks!

  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Too slow. :(
    Can you apply the keys to an account that already has the trial/full version applied to it or do you need to make a new account entirely?

  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    You don't need to make a separate account.

  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote:
    Too slow. :(
    Can you apply the keys to an account that already has the trial/full version applied to it or do you need to make a new account entirely?

    But... if you pre-ordered the game you automatically get into all the betas. Why would you want another key?

    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    You don't get into the beta this weekend, preorder betas begin on the weekend of the 10th.
    [edit] Actually, the EU CBT 1 is 17.02.2012 - 19.02.2012. So, in two weeks.

    Glal on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    http://www.onlinewelten.com/win/1292-beta-key-tera-sneak-peek/ Has keys still, probably because you need to register to get them.

    Go there, look at the top for the link to register. It should be fairly self explanatory even in German. Click the verification link in the e-mail you are sent then go back to that link, log in, enter your birthday and the e-mail you registered with AND check the second checkbox underneath these fields. It will generate a key in the middle of the page.

    Or just be lucky like me and have Chrome translate everything >.o

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Glal wrote:
    You don't get into the beta this weekend, preorder betas begin on the weekend of the 10th.
    [edit] Actually, the EU CBT 1 is 17.02.2012 - 19.02.2012. So, in two weeks.

    Straight from one of the English sites...

    The sneak peek event will happen this weekend at Saturday and Sunday the 04th and 05th of February! You will be able to get your hands on TERA on both days from 15:00 hours CET to midnight. Of course you will need a key.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Amazon and Best Buy don't seem to have a listing for the collector's edition.

    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    FFfffffff... I can't login into the launcher. Are they REALLY going to wait until the appointed time to let people download this >.<?

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    FFfffffff... I can't login into the launcher. Are they REALLY going to wait until the appointed time to let people download this >.<?

    No. Something must be broken. I'm currently downloading.

  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote:
    Arthil wrote:
    FFfffffff... I can't login into the launcher. Are they REALLY going to wait until the appointed time to let people download this >.<?

    No. Something must be broken. I'm currently downloading.

    Working now.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    Glal wrote:
    You don't get into the beta this weekend, preorder betas begin on the weekend of the 10th.
    [edit] Actually, the EU CBT 1 is 17.02.2012 - 19.02.2012. So, in two weeks.
    Straight from one of the English sites...

    The sneak peek event will happen this weekend at Saturday and Sunday the 04th and 05th of February! You will be able to get your hands on TERA on both days from 15:00 hours CET to midnight. Of course you will need a key.
    Unless they're being supremely incompetent at conveying this information the sneak peak is separate from the closed beta and being included in the latter (via a preorder or winning the raffle) does not mean you get to play this weekend.

  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    En Masse and Frogster have beta dates up now; open beta for both is 19th-22th of April.

    Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Regardless it's blatantly obvious that these keys are for this weekend.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Interesting, you'll be able to create a character and reserve a name before the head start even begins.

This discussion has been closed.