Options

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    @LightofPhoenix We don't have an ETA for the #TERA collector's edition being added to Amazon's database but the goal is in time for CBT1.

was all I could find.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Thanks.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Well not entirely sure if I'll be messing with the sneak peek or not. Launched the client and messed around with the options... the damn thing pushes my main card up to 76 celsius.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    what's this I hear about there being some kind of diagnostic tool from Enmasse that checks to see if your system can run the game?

• Options
    I mean maybe it's because it was on the server/character select screen, a lot of MMOs tends to go "Haha, fuck your GPU!" when not in the game.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I purchased this and attempted to play, it told me I didn't have the right permissions or something, is the event this weekend not started yet or is it EU only or something?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    It's not started yet and it's EU only.

• Options
    reVerse wrote:
    It's not started yet and it's EU only.

That makes sense. Oh well, at least I have it now. Thanks for the quick response too.

• Options
    It's EU only insomuch that you had to get a key and make an account on the EU website.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I preordered this today, anyone else gonna be on the beta wagon?

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Oh I'm not EU so I guess I'm shit out of luck

• Options
    edited February 2012
    NA has their own beta that starts on the 10th of this month, continuing on alternating weekends all the way up to release. What's happening now is a EU only "sneak peek" that's only lasting for a day or so and is being wiped immediately after. It's only "EU only" insomuch if you're like me and can't be assed to register on the EU site and imput a code that'll grant you access to it.

Beezel on
  • Options

Steparu is streaming what looks to be the most pain in the ass dungeon I've seen in a while. Have a watch!

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    Wait the pre-order is only $5?

Also... seems they're ramping up with some advertising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwcyJY9eEw

I'm shallow enough to say that this commercial alone is reason to try it out.

• Options
    What's not to like about Bas "The Liver Destroyer" Rutten?
    GET HYPE

• Options
    Sneak Peek event just started and predictably the thing happened that always happens when everyone tries to slamfuck the servers.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Haha, yeah, thing seems to have just fallen over. I managed to get to the server select at one point, before the game derped out, now the login server is timing out.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Damn Americans, stop trying to log on.

• Options
    If we can't have it early no one will. Deal w/ it.

• Options
    Perfect avatar for that. :D

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Less than a week before I get to play this game on the PC that I bought specifically to play this game on.

:D

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    haha /v/ has exploded into the expected full on nerd rage. I'm dying over here. I mean it sucks but this is pretty much what I expected to happen when I heard that it wasn't "technically" EU restricted

• Options
    Has anyone (not necessarily on this forum) actually managed to get into the game? Every time I manage to get to the server select it reports a low population. I'd expect a red Full if too many people were actually playing, as opposed to hammering the login.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Trying to log on to a server crashes the game.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    If you can get in, you may as well sit on the server select and wait to see if the population changes before trying.

• Options
    Server down for emergency maintenance. Show's over folks.

• Options
    So I have been reading on the Official Forums... yeah I know... and I found reports from people that have high level characters in K-TERA that Warriors got a DPS non-Tank stance to increase their DPS. They aren't as good as a Slayer or Berserker, but they are actually a hybrid class again.
    :shock:

This may have serious implications on my choice of main.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Hopefully this teaches them valuable lessons about servers and how not to do dumb things.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    yeah Steparu was saying the same thing in his stream a couple of hours ago. Nobody wants a Warrior tanking unless it's a guild run and you are godlike. It's equated to playing a scout in TF2. If you're mediocre to average high chances are you're going to get stepped on. Supposedly they're around the level of archer dps now.

• Options
    Beezel wrote:
    yeah Steparu was saying the same thing in his stream a couple of hours ago. Nobody wants a Warrior tanking unless it's a guild run and you are godlike. It's equated to playing a scout in TF2. If you're mediocre to average high chances are you're going to get stepped on. Supposedly they're around the level of archer dps now.

This is good news... at least for me. I love playing Tanky classes that don't have to tank.

Gladiator in Aion
    Conquerer in AoC
    Sith Juggernaut in TOR

That why I was looking to main a Berserker. But if I can do pretty much the same thing, but with the *swoosh swoosh* of dual swords and leather armor on a Warrior... game on.

Steam
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote:
    Server down for emergency maintenance. Show's over folks.

Any ETA on them coming back up?

• Options
    the official word is more or less, "We got our IT guys looking at it, ETA when we have one"

• Options
    I do find it interesting that they put the betas over the weekend. I mean sure, that's when people will have time to play them, but it's also the time when you likely won't have your full development team available to take care of problems either.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    "We're busy with some hardware upgrades & changes, also database upgrades. As soon as we have an ETA, we'll update you again. ~Raven"

So... this is Frogster we've talking about. Universally they are piles of shit. Who wants to bet they don't extend the sneak peek?

Arthil on
  • Options
    I'm betting not. Annnnd now that answers my earlier question as to why everyone hates Frogster.

• Options
    Went out, saw a movie, came back, login servers and forums still down. You'd think that they were the ones giving out keys, they'd have a rough idea of just how much traffic to expect.

• Options
    Glal wrote:
    I do find it interesting that they put the betas over the weekend. I mean sure, that's when people will have time to play them, but it's also the time when you likely won't have your full development team available to take care of problems either.

That's what Guild Wars did, big beta weekend events, get more people playing and reporting things over the weekend, then address issues later. No reason to have a team ready to fix as it's happening, just creates more down time and less chance to actually test.

• Options
    Except when your servers apparently MELT.

• Options
    Poor Euro peeps.

Hopefully En Masse does not have this issue next weekend. D:

Steam
  • Options
    I think it'll go a little smoother since it's not a free for all grab bag like this sneak peek was

This discussion has been closed.