Options

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Booo their site won't let me purchase the Digital download preorder. Sent a ticket in.

Come on EnMasse I just want to buy your game. :(

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    And it's canceled for today.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Aw that sucks. I was looking forward to hearing war stories from the front. But in a way I kind of did hear those :lol:

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Beezel wrote:
    yeah Steparu was saying the same thing in his stream a couple of hours ago. Nobody wants a Warrior tanking unless it's a guild run and you are godlike. It's equated to playing a scout in TF2. If you're mediocre to average high chances are you're going to get stepped on. Supposedly they're around the level of archer dps now.

This is good news... at least for me. I love playing Tanky classes that don't have to tank.

Gladiator in Aion
    Conquerer in AoC
    Sith Juggernaut in TOR

That why I was looking to main a Berserker. But if I can do pretty much the same thing, but with the *swoosh swoosh* of dual swords and leather armor on a Warrior... game on.

I know this is a page late, but Warrior, at least in K-Tera, isn't even a tank class according to the game anymore. If you queue for a dungeon, you will be getting in it as a DPS, NOT a tank. Ever. Lancers are tanks. If you want to tank as a Warrior, it literally has to be a guild run or with friends. The game doesn't allow it. I'd say stick with Berserker. Though they aren't tanks either, as they have no threat abilities and Sorcs/Slayers will out-dps Berserker threat all day long.

Quintessin on
  • Options
    Warriors seem to still be blatantly labeled as tanks in everything I've seen.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    they "can" tank. but nobody wants them doing it because it's a gigantic pain in the ass for everyone involved. not really a design fail. Just kind of a social stigma ingame because people want a safe bet. Maybe that will change in the EU and NA audiences. From everything I've read they have to work twice as hard to do the same job as a lancer. Because they wear leather armor, mistakes are a lot more costly, that means everyone else has to be on the ball as well.

Beezel on
  • Options
    Sneak peek weekend part deux to attempt this morning. They said they're considering extending it a day as an apology if they can get everything running like they want.

GET HYPE

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    So I was watching some character creation vids last night and it seems like of the females, Elves have the best hair styles. :(

I did find three Castanic ones that I like though, so no worries.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Well, today is officially cancelled as well. They hope to reschedule but have no timeframe. Supposedly, server load was not the issue. Link.

• Options
    oh well. Hopefully EME gets their shit together by the 10th for the NA beta.

• Options
    Beezel wrote:
    oh well. Hopefully EME gets their shit together by the 10th for the NA beta.

Agreed.

I am hoping this was just a case of lolFrogster.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    But I'm not in the closed beta! :(

Guess it's back to my preorder on Amazon and then cancel if I don't like it plan.

• Options
    since that link doesn't seem to work I'll copy paste its contents:

>The sneak peek event planned for this weekend unfortunately has had to be cancelled. As we currently cannot foresee when we will be able to guarantee a smooth running of the event, there is no new date as of yet. We're working closely with the TERA developers at Bluehole to fix the remaining issues.

>The cancellation was not due to load problems caused by the large number of potential players. Player numbers would have given us a look into possible issues within the scope of a stress test. Due to unforeseen reasons, problems arose already during the entry into the game world.

>As soon as we have new information regarding a rescheduled event planning and once all technical issues have been resolved we will inform you on our website, in the forum and via the usual social media channels.

>We apologize for the cancellation of the event and assure you that we are doing our utmost to provide all players access to TERA as soon as possible. We thank all TERA fans for their patience and understanding and hope to have positive news for you very soon.

• Options
    Yeah, their forums have been on and off this morning. It's fitting, really.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I guess this is why ArenaNet have family betas. "Guys, come play, see if everything is working all right."

• Options
    like an above post said I hope this was just a case of lolFrogster.

• Options
    Not much comfort for us playing in the EU. Hope it's not WAR all over again.

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well the people who played in the FGTs/CPEs have been saying that everything was running smooth. Those were run by EnMasse though, not Frogster I think. Maybe something broke when they made changes between the Euro version and NA.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    So Customer support has gotten back to me, they say that my card is "Flagged" for some reason which is why they are not accepting it. they will adjust it on their end and let me know when I can try again.

They got back to me pretty quick though, and had a solution to the problem. I'm pretty impressed.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    So Customer support has gotten back to me, they say that my card is "Flagged" for some reason which is why they are not accepting it. they will adjust it on their end and let me know when I can try again.

They got back to me pretty quick though, and had a solution to the problem. I'm pretty impressed.

Been hearing good things about the customer support for this game, all else considered. That's a plus at least.

• Options
    Glal wrote:
    Not much comfort for us playing in the EU. Hope it's not WAR all over again.

I hate to tell you this, but it probably will be. Didn't Mythic pull WAR from them for their incompetence?

Why did BlueHole think it was a good idea to let these chucklefucks anywhere near their game? I mean shit, they are obviously lying through their teeth. The servers crumbled under the weight of so many people, and the idiots were likely only using servers fit for some half-good F2P game.

• Options
    Are we going to have a PA Guild for this?

I vote guild name to be Arcadians if we do.

Steam
  • Options
    Clearly Bubblepipe is the classiest choice.

• Options
    Yeah I think having a guild name that won't get us all banned will be important. Arcadians sounds good, I'm terrible with names.

• Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    Warriors seem to still be blatantly labeled as tanks in everything I've seen.

Like I said, in K-Tera, the way it is now, is they are not tanks. They are labelled a Melee DPS. When you dungeon queue, it puts together a team of 1 Tank, 2 Melee DPS, 1 Ranged DPS and a Healer. Every time. So, you get

Tank - Lancer
    Melee DPS - Slayer, Berserker, Warrior
    Ranger DPS - Archer, Sorcerer
    Healer - Mystic, Priest

Always. It also doesn't ever put 2 of the same class in a group, i.e. Melee DPS. This is in K-Tera, they may change that for US Launch. Warriors WERE tanks, but they just aren't anymore. They can tank, they have a tank stance and damage reduction on abilities, as well as a taunt I think, but in K-Tera, they are not listed as tanks in the game anymore.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I guess at some point we need to figure out which server we're going to infest eventually as well.

I hope we get word soon on when we can start downloading the game for the beta. I install for it is kind of stupid huge

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Rumor on the jailing system:

Being taken out I'm hearing, to be re-evaluated and possibly turned into something that could be actually fun. I hear murmurings of maybe a dungeon your guild has to run to "bust you out". The way it was currently designed, you could log in and be in jail, with two male high elves playing doctor in the corner. All because some goosehead Vanarch decided that you didn't call him High Lord Handsome Thundercock the third enough that day or you racked up too many negative karma points from player killing.

Edit: Since it's a slow news day, let's discuss ways they can make this system fair and not suck ass.

Beezel on
  • Options
    They could make escaping a quest that differs based on your class and what city you are jailed in...

Yeah, that's all I got.

Steam
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Wondering if we will get an update about the 10th - ie, is it still happening given last the issues last week.

Course, it is like 6am on the West Coast, guess I should be patient...

• Options
    two different companies handling their separate launches. since EME is owned by BHS, I think it may go a little better. Week is still young though so we'll see.

• Options
    Beezel wrote:
    two different companies handling their separate launches. since EME is owned by BHS, I think it may go a little better. Week is still young though so we'll see.

Ahh, is this a regional thing? Frogster or whatever is in charge of the EU servers, and EME (?) the US?

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote:
    Beezel wrote:

Ahh, is this a regional thing? Frogster or whatever is in charge of the EU servers, and EME (?) the US?

Yup

• Options
    Hello TERA fans!

For those who have pre-ordered TERA through the En Masse store, fire up your launcher! You'll be able to start downloading the TERA beta client in advance of Friday's first closed beta test. After you've downloaded the client and run it, you will see the server selection screen, and you'll be as ready as you can be for the event!

We are working non-stop to address the distribution of beta codes to our fans who pre-ordered from GameStop, Best Buy, or Amazon, and will provide updates as they are available.

Downloading as I type! :D

Steam
  • Options
    *Gives Frogster a swift kick in the knee*

• Options
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    We are working non-stop to address the distribution of beta codes to our fans who pre-ordered from GameStop, Best Buy, or Amazon, and will provide updates as they are available.

Awesome!

• Options
    My body is ready.

• Options
    mine was ready last weekend

• Options
    edited February 2012
    IGN prime members are able to participate in the first beta as well I'm hearing

Edit: The problem with EU's sneak peek supposedly had nothing to do with server population and instead Frogster is blaming a new build of the software tools BHS sent them that they didn't get a chance to play with it seems.

Beezel on
  • Options
    neckbeards are seriously threatening to cancel their preorders over digital thongs on their moeblob waifus as opposed to short shorts.
    a) The official forums are cancer
    b) This is why we can't have nice things.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    people who would rather see the elin in thongs canceling their preorder sounds like the nicest thing we could get actually

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.