Options

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    actually yes. This is a good thing, agreed.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    people who would rather see the elin in thongs canceling their preorder sounds like the nicest thing we could get actually

This is something that I can agree with.

Also, people threaten stuff like that all the time. Percentage of people that actually do it? Like 0.1%

So I got everything downloaded, fired it up, and got to check out the server select screen. SO EXCITED!!! Then I checked out the settings and was happy to see that auto detect pretty much maxed the settings for me. So I did a pretty good job with this PC. :D

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote:

Edit: The problem with EU's sneak peek supposedly had nothing to do with server population and instead Frogster is blaming a new build of the software tools BHS sent them that they didn't get a chance to play with it seems.

I don't believe this for a second.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Arthil wrote:
    Beezel wrote:

Edit: The problem with EU's sneak peek supposedly had nothing to do with server population and instead Frogster is blaming a new build of the software tools BHS sent them that they didn't get a chance to play with it seems.

I don't believe this for a second.

Oh of course, this is just what they are trying to relate. Basically it was a lot of handwaving and them blaming them City slicker Korean boys which don't tell us country folk nothin'

• Options
    Yeah, I am sure Bluehole so radically changed the software tools that the people at Frogster, who have been working with them for how long now, couldn't figure them out at all.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote:
    IGN prime members are able to participate in the first beta as well I'm hearing

Apparently you can't actually subscribe to IGN prime right now though. Or there are some issues with the sign up form.

• Options
    And even if their excuse if true.

It means they are fucking incompetent.

• Options
    Doesn't Frogster handle mostly like....a bunch of F2P games? I haven't even heard of them honestly until TERA

• Options
    And the only F2P game of note they handle for EU is Runes of Magic.

I know they previously handled the EU version of Warhammer Online, they fucked up so badly Mythic pulled it from them.

• Options
    haha wow what? Why would anyone give them anything unless they were like, the last choice at the bottom of everything and everyone else said no.

• Options
    Beezel wrote:
    haha wow what? Why would anyone give them anything unless they were like, the last choice at the bottom of everything and everyone else said no.

Money.

I bet they wanted a smaller cut of the profits than everyone else. I mean, we got Atari here in the US, and they aren't know for handling great MMOs either.

Steam
  • Options
    I can see it yeah. It's not like this game had a monster budget or a lot of marketing behind it.

• Options
    Beezel wrote:
    I can see it yeah. It's not like this game had a monster budget or a lot of marketing behind it.

Exactly.

This is a make it or break it game for Bluehole, and by extension En Masse. If it does well, they will be around for awhile, but if it does bad...

Steam
  • Options
    Frogster fucks up too bad I can see a lot of the EU playing on NA servers. Ping be damned.

• Options
    Beezel wrote:
    Frogster fucks up too bad I can see a lot of the EU playing on NA servers. Ping be damned.

Then the only people playing on the EU servers will be from all the countries that are IP blocked from playing on US servers.

Hahaha!

Steam
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVQW1HAKNI0

Well I know what I'm making.

• Options
    What is it?

I can't see it I'm at work. :(

Steam
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Total Biscuit did a short thing with popori emotes. The way they ride their mounts is totally a "fuck the police"-esque goofy saddle bouncing. (One of them was a pipe-smoking pug in a badass popped collar jacket riding Ruin from darksiders)

Beezel on
  • Options
    Oh.

I expect race populations to go:

Popori
    Elin
    F. Castanic
    M. Aman
    F. High Elf
    Everyone else

Steam
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i will bet you money that popori will not be anywhere near the most played race

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I had heard they changed hitboxes for the western version of the game, mainly because in general female Castanic had one of the smallest hitboxes and 'best' racials for PvP.

• Options
    i will bet you money that popori will not be anywhere near the most played race

Well maybe not the most mains, but I bet most people who don't use it for their main, will have a Popori alt for the hilarity of it.

I also heard about the hit box thing. Apparently, F. Castanics had the 2nd smallest hitbox. Smallest being Elin.

Steam
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Female Castanic
    Elin
    Male Amani
    Baraka
    Female High Elf
    Male Human
    Female Human
    Popori
    Female Amani
    Male Castanic
    Male High Elf

That's how I think it will go.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    I bet we will see a difference in race populations on PVP servers vs. PVE servers too.

Hitboxes not being as much of a concern to PVE players.

Steam
  • Options
    The hitboxes are all the same is the change that was made, I believe so it wouldn't matter.

• Options
    most of the racials are kind of shit all around tbh.

• Options
    Okay, I just went into the RACES subforum of the Official and I will never do that again. I wanted to see if someone had started a "What race will you play?" thread and I ended up clicking on an Elin thread... Apparently the fact that Elin look like little girls and thus attiring them in skimpy outfits, like what a Castanic would wear (!!!), would be inappropriate is lost on them.

Never again.

Steam
  • Options
    SEE??

• Options
    Aman Bartender: You know the difference between Castanic women and High Elf women?
    Human patron: No what?
    Popori cook: "Oh I'd say about 100 gold coins" *Groucho Marx eyebrow bouncing*

• Options
    I really thought that was going to be a breast size joke.

Steam
  • Options
    pish posh. I am about 25% classier than plebian breast jokes. Prostitute jokes are a true gentleman's comedy *monocle*

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Ok can someone help me understand something? What's the deal with the US pre-ordering and early/beta access? Like my wife and I pre-ordered at gamestop yesterday (Monday) but no code or anything came with. Is this to come later?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Nyht wrote:
    Ok can someone help me understand something? What's the deal with the US pre-ordering and early/beta access? Like my wife and I pre-ordered at gamestop yesterday (Monday) but no code or anything came with. Is this to come later?

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/For-our-Retail-PreOrder-Customers-Copy

Batches of them went out today but I don't know if it was enough. I can't bring twitter up at work.

Beezel on
  • Options
    @TERA wrote:
    Yep, all of the closed beta tests will last from Friday 12:00 PM PST to Sunday 11:59 PM PST.

Exactly as I figured.

Excellent...

3pm EST to 2:59am EST.

So looks like most of my playing will be done on Sunday night after work.

Steam
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    And the only F2P game of note they handle for EU is Runes of Magic.
    I know they previously handled the EU version of Warhammer Online, they fucked up so badly Mythic pulled it from them.
    Naw, that was GOA, unless they rebranded.

• Options
    Beezel wrote:
    Nyht wrote:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/For-our-Retail-PreOrder-Customers-Copy

Batches of them went out today but I don't know if it was enough. I can't bring twitter up at work.

Can't read their forums at work T_T

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Nyht wrote:
    Beezel wrote:
    Nyht wrote:

Can't read their forums at work T_T

We've learned that many of you who have purchased a pre-order copy of TERA from a brick-and-mortar retailer are having difficulty getting pre-order game codes that you can use to play in the first TERA closed beta test.

It's our understanding from working with our physical distribution partner that these codes were only recently conveyed to the retailers, and so the codes haven't been distributed to stores to provide to gamers like you. Yeah, well, that really sucks on all levels. We are definitely sorry about this issue, and we are going to fix it.

At this point, we're communicating directly with the retailers to see whether there's anything we can do to speed the process of getting these codes distributed, and we will keep you informed as soon as we hear any updates. We will also update you regarding the pre-order availability of our physical collector's edition and which retailers you will be able to pre-order from.

As gamers ourselves, we know that this uncertainty about access to this world-premier event is no doubt incredibly frustrating. Please do your best to keep your cool, and we'll do our best to ensure that you get codes just as soon as humanly-and computerly- possible.

Thank you,

The En Masse Entertainment Team

Long story short, Atari decided that giving these codes out to distributers wasn't very important at all.

Beezel on
  • Options
    Between Frogster, Atari and NCsoft leaping from the bushes covered in dirt and semen like a deranged stalker, it's like these guys can't catch a break.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    God, Atari is the worst. All of Cryptic's woes can be laid at Atari's feet.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Thanks for the post, Beezel. Helped a lot. Not what I wanted to read ... but it's still good to know.

"Sorry for the mix up, we'll have your codes right away"

THAT'S what I wanted to hear, heh.

On a side note, my wife really wants to play an Elin as an alt but has become afraid of any attention in game she might get because of it (worried about the POSITIVE attention I should say from certain types of people). Luckily she's not letting it detract her too much (and it helps my brother's wife is also going to play and make one with her to alt together with). I'm in full agreement with above posters happy with anyone canceling over the change to undergarments though for those guys. I'm generally against changes and censorship but ... come on. If that change is an issue to you, I can't help but immediately think something's up with you. It might not be the case but the perception is pretty damn high.

I just wanna be a male demon archer and have a good time looking awesome.

Any news if archers have to deal with ammo?

This discussion has been closed.