As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Replaced my binary folder. Works now

Tell me more!

Oh sure, just ignore my response to you which included the link to where you can get the binaries. :)

Yeah, I saw that. I was looking for confirmation that he didn't do anything that isn't found in your post, or a description if he did.

I think you just hate me and wanted to hurt my feelings.
    <3

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Replaced my binary folder. Works now

Tell me more!

Oh sure, just ignore my response to you which included the link to where you can get the binaries. :)

Yeah, I saw that. I was looking for confirmation that he didn't do anything that isn't found in your post, or a description if he did.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Ingame as Montague, join /wangbang 1213 to chat :)

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I seem to have got another patch and was able to start the client.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    I seem to have got another patch and was able to start the client.

I think they have fixed the issue stopping east coast from receiving the patch.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • failedninjafailedninja Registered User regular
    "The ffff:ffff issue should now be resolved. Please restart your launcher and log in. Thanks for hanging in there, folks. We appreciate it."

• Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    I'm in!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    Just a reminder, PA chat channel set up. join /wangbang 1213

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    On as Shaenera if someone forms it.

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wait the OBT started today? Shhhhiiii.

This is the one where they don't wipe anything, right?

Edit: Yep

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • TheRealDestianTheRealDestian Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote: »
    Wait the OBT started today? Shhhhiiii.

This is the one where they don't wipe anything, right?

Correct.

edited April 2012
    Bloodmoon Chosen is now up and running!

Info is in my signature. Anyone who is interested can whisper Destian, Sinndra or toss an application in directly via the guild list. :)

TheRealDestian on
    Added the graphical tweaks to the OP

• Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    ooff, the main quest thing is horrible for the first few days. so many choke points with dozens of people trying to kill the same boss mob.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    ooff, the main quest thing is horrible for the first few days. so many choke points with dozens of people trying to kill the same boss mob.

Click the "Ch. #" in the upper right corner and change to a less-crowded channel, if that's the case.

Click the "Ch. #" in the upper right corner and change to a less-crowded channel, if that's the case.

same in every single channell.

I'm dead serious."
    edited April 2012
    It was so crazy populated earlier that noob island had almost 50 instances at once. CBT1 even only had like 20 instance channels going at peak.

EDIT: Just as a side note, if you guys fix it in your heads to do those guild billboard quests, send the reward tokens to Montague, they're currency used to level up the guild.

Beezel on
    Streaming just for funsies on Valley of Titans. http://www.justin.tv/delphinidaes

delphinidaes.png
    Haha, they deleted the repeatable basilisk quest to force people to run the level 20 dungeon.

• DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Alright. Duoing with my IRL friend and up to level 20. Good stuff. We'll probably get as far as we did in closed tomorrow.

Is crafting worthwhile? For example, if I make gear for an alt I plan on making later, will this crafted gear be better than quest rewards?

1208768734831.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Goddamn crafting is expensive in this game. I don't see how anyone could focus on more than 1 without going bankrupt. Not at this stage of the game.

Minerva_SC on
    I'm dead serious."
    Crafting was the one thing they didn't touch yet in this game. And as far as I can tell the intent of it was to craft fodder to get your real gear to +12 once you had $Texas$ to do so. At least that's how it seemed for every profession that wasn't alchemy

edited April 2012
    So its worthless before max level, like in basically every other MMO? Good to know.

I didn't touch it last beta.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited April 2012
    I'm gathering a lot more this time around because of the buffs. And I'm also breaking down my old gear with extraction to get components

I'm going to see how this affects the cost. I'll let you guys know.

I'm lvl 9 and I already have 10 Krysteel Ingots.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    I mean, alchemy is pretty useful for my warrior, even though I get a good amount of potions from eggs, it's nice to have a reserve. But freaking getting to the level 17 potions is ridiculous. the mats you have to buy are insane, freaking flasks are 10 silver a pop. Not to mention there's another component you have to buy which is also 7+ silver. So by the time I get to level 17 potions, I have to then pay 17+ silver per potion. And thats just for some freakin rejuv health pots. I won't even wanna look at the pots that just straight up heal you, let alone the scrolls and other crap you can make. And this is just alchemy. Weapon smithing just gives me the finger everytme I look it's way.

I'm dead serious."
    edited April 2012
    I mean, alchemy is pretty useful for my warrior, even though I get a good amount of potions from eggs, it's nice to have a reserve. But freaking getting to the level 17 potions is ridiculous. the mats you have to buy are insane, freaking flasks are 10 silver a pop. Not to mention there's another component you have to buy which is also 7+ silver. So by the time I get to level 17 potions, I have to then pay 17+ silver per potion. And thats just for some freakin rejuv health pots. I won't even wanna look at the pots that just straight up heal you, let alone the scrolls and other crap you can make. And this is just alchemy. Weapon smithing just gives me the finger everytme I look it's way.

Do you use alchemy extraction to get mats at all? I'm getting Krysteel ingots which are a pain to make since you need to buy an ingredient along with using krymetal ore. But since I can just farm them from gear drops I am stacking them up quite a bit already and I haven't even left IoD.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    And then, hours after discovering and dismaying that Amazon's out of stock for my order of TERA CE, I get an email with a beta code. I feel like dancing. <3

[edit] Though, thanks to the open beta, both my digital preorder and my one-off weekend keys are now identically marked as Active. Don't really want to apply it to the wrong one, guess I wait for the beta to end.

Glal on
  • TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I started leveling a mystic and realized that I really dislike the pet stuff they got going on. Going to try something else in a bit just not sure what.

Tornelco on
    The mystic thralls really are all sorts of useless aside from the wonderful thrall of life. Protection especially. you'll start outpacing and out threating it before you hit 20 and once you start equipping blues it's really not worth even bringing it out anymore. The ranged one is good as a short damage cooldown if you need it or if a dungeon run is going especially well with little healing needed and you just want to contribute a little extra damage.

The pets are rather irrelevant really. You can use the defensive pet if you're soloing, but otherwise they're just abilities that manifest themselves through a (very) temporary pet.

I think the thralls would be fine if they actually had any sort of real synergy with the mystic itself. The only one that really fits that description is the thrall of life.

The thing that chaps my ass is that telling the thrall of protection to attack actually costs you mana. No dude, fuck you.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Streaming just for funsies on Valley of Titans. http://www.justin.tv/delphinidaes

You lie!

:) Guessing you have gone to bed. Lazy Americans, going to sleep just as the sun comes up.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    Even that I wouldn't mind if I actually liked the look of the Thrall of Protection... but he looks so stupid. I get that it's supposed to look like a thug cliche, but I'd rather have a pet I like over a pet that's funny for a few seconds.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I have come to the conclusion that MMOs that don't follow Eve Onlines model should just dump the idea of crafting. It's a giant money sink, and generally a lot more bother than it is worth.

To me crafting means actually crafting useful items. And if I can use it to fill item gaps while leveling that would be even better. The modern MMO where I have come closest to experiencing this was Rift, and I think it might be because I happened to choose the two non-broken crafting professions on my Warrior.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    I was wondering if I missed a patch note actually, when I read above that mystics are pet dependent. Only thing I found pets useful for was elite mobs. The protection thrall will actually tank them.

I duo, so I rarely even bother to summon them. Except to annoy my friend because he's annoyed by how hideously ugly the protection thrall is.

1208768734831.jpg
    Nought wrote: »

You lie!

:) Guessing you have gone to bed. Lazy Americans, going to sleep just as the sun comes up.

Heh I turned the stream off about 20-30 minutes ago. Went from lvl 1-11 so it was quite a bit. I'll be playing tomorrow and streaming lvl 12 onwards which should be fun considering I am gank bait now :D

delphinidaes.png
    So Ive been trying to get ahold of Montague in game and nothing seems to be working. When I get back on in a bit will you be there?

Tornelco wrote: »
    So Ive been trying to get ahold of Montague in game and nothing seems to be working. When I get back on in a bit will you be there?

At work currently, won't be back home for another 2 and a half hours at least D:. What'd you need?

Nothing important, was just looking to pick up a guild invite, but I will definitly be on in 2 and a half hours. Still cant pick a class though =|

edited April 2012
    Tornelco wrote: »
    Nothing important, was just looking to pick up a guild invite, but I will definitly be on in 2 and a half hours. Still cant pick a class though =|

Ah that's easy. If you're out of the prologue and onto the Island of Dawn proper (level 1 version) you can app to the guild by opening your guild interface and doing a search for We Are Nice Guys and applying there. If anyone else is on they can hook you up, try sending a tell to Chandra, Diamond, Konstantin, Gully, etc. and tell em who you are.

Or if anyone that's in the guild that's reading the thread right now could keep an eye out for you :)

Assuming all that doesn't fly, I'll just accept you in when I get home and log in this morning.

Beezel on
This discussion has been closed.