Options

Would You Rather -- A Party Game for the Party Masses

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    do any of you have a dream that is in no way dependent on the outside world

maybe the desire to do something like what Happenstance said

move to the woods with someone you love, spend your days reading and thinking and just appreciating the world to the utmost of your abilities

Well all the things I really want in life are based on relationships with other people so no.

#pipe on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So far, so good.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I dunno if I'd go so far as to build a cabin in the woods

I've grown somewhat fond of running water and electricity and convenient access to food and heat and medicine

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sometimes my dream is to move into the woods, build myself a cabin, and never have to bother with the outside world again.

That's just a fantasy primarily.

I think Bemis is actually doing this but with a hut

I'm surprised more people are trying this. It was actually pretty common up in northern alaska where I was born. Lots of gold miners would just go up to their claims during the summer and not have to deal with people for at least 3-4 months.

Although that thought became less appealing when my dad told me the story of one of finding one of the old miners in his cabin dead. He was sitting in his rocking chair with a shotgun in his lap like he was guarding the door from something.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    do any of you feel "destined for greatness"

or an desire/obligation to rise above and beyond

maybe the belief that you have the potential to give something great to mankind

I always think about how much I sell myself short.

How I could do some pretty cool things, touch a lot of lives, if only I were more motivated.

Uriel on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    im not greedy i pretty much just wanna live comfortably and so something i enjoy for work

whether thats academia or not idk yet, but im currently leaning towards 'not'

also wanna travel around a bit to figure out where i wanna settle down
    redhead wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    i was gonna put more effort into that but then I remembered it was a maths joke

i started typing orik's joke and then i refreshed and he had already made it and then i was gonna write something clever about that but i saw you had posted and figured you had done it for me already and i was right and then i wrote this post hope you liked it

i do ty

L|ama on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    do any of you feel "destined for greatness"

or an desire/obligation to rise above and beyond

maybe the belief that you have the potential to give something great to mankind

not any of those, but i'm pretty talented and i really want to work in bideo games

so i'll probably work in bideo games before burning out and going off to be a barista

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Your posts are consistently hilarious and/or entertaining Pooro, I think a lot of people would enjoy long-form versions

Professional internet poster.

Put together a portfolio of sick burns, drunken rants, and terrible puns. Send it out to forums, offering to come in and liven things up for them if they meet my asking price.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    or, also

this is sort of a weird question but

have any of you ever thought "I would be more motivated if I were more obviously talented at something, but I don't feel that I am"

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Recently there was an exceptionally large jackpot available on a European lottery, it came to £121 million or thereabouts.

Now, imagine the scale of that fortune, to set yourself up in reasonable comfort you don't really need that much each year if you already own property (no mortgage / rent), let's say a minimum of £10 million kept, so that even in a year where your average interest on the fortune is 0.5% you still get a fairly staggering £50,000 for the year.

Let's say you take £11 million to buy property / shiny things in the first place.

There is still a massive £100 million to throw around, counting up a rough estimate of my friends (both on and offline) I could probably give them roughly £2 million each, and still live in comfort / luxury for the rest of my life.

Which is exactly what I want to do, one glorious act to change all their lives in a positive way, without really harming myself, suddenly they all have a large savings account and can pay off various debts, and sure, they might blow a chunk of it on shiny things, but that's up to them to decide.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Vendors collect virgin boys’ urine from elementary schools around the city and use it as a main ingredient for their unusual street food. Plastic barrels are placed outside the classrooms and boys are reminded to pee in them, unless they are sick. The pee is then used to boil eggs, their shell cracked to allow the flavour to slip through, then soaked in urine and boiled again. The whole “cooking” process takes an entire day. I know it sounds disgusting, but some people say they “have the taste of Spring”, while others claim “they’re so delicious that I could eat 10 a day”.

According to traditional medicine, Virgin Eggs will restore diminished yin, decrease body heat to help you get through the hot summer days, and improve blood circulation, but Doctor Huang Jian, from the Central Hospital in Jinhua believes “that urine is waste expelled from human body and basically contains no substance conducive to human health.”

fuck surgery i wanna be a holistic doctor

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    or, also

this is sort of a weird question but

have any of you ever thought "I would be more motivated if I were more obviously talented at something, but I don't feel that I am"

I don't think I've felt that way. At least not seriously. I'm of the mind that my mind is capable enough that I may not be naturally talented at it but I sure as hell can figure it out given enough time.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Your posts are consistently hilarious and/or entertaining Pooro, I think a lot of people would enjoy long-form versions

having never met pooro, he is one of a handful of people i (sort of but not really) know who i could see achieving success on a level that at least involves me being able to one day read an article about him or something. or i guess put more simple, people i look forward to bragging about.

i think it was the story of his defense of his computer during a mugging that convinced me he has what it takes

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was named after a great grandfather.
    This was a hillbilly who easily had 100 people at his home, every Sunday, for an After-Sermon Lunch.
    A hillbilly who was known to be very generous, often mischievous, and was known to be a man of dependability.
    I envy that life and reputation, and I'm trying to figure out how to best understand and adopt those traits.

I really think I would be happy with my achievements as a man, if my stories and influences would mirror his.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i hope one day to make the perfect post

i will lean back in my chair and spend a few minutes appreciating it before turning off my computer, contented, and setting off on my new tomorrow

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    as it stands my biggest ambition is to not have any more chin pimples

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

having never met pooro, he is one of a handful of people i (sort of but not really) know who i could see achieving success on a level that at least involves me being able to one day read an article about him or something. or i guess put more simple, people i look forward to bragging about.

i think it was the story of his defense of his computer during a mugging that convinced me he has what it takes

That's really cool, man. Thanks.

Also, I'm listening to the new Mountain Goats album on NPR's website. It's pretty excellent.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I would hate to become fabulously, enormously rich out of nowhere

I don't put a whole lot of stock in money, but I do appreciate that it somewhat lights a fire under my ass

I think (I think) my ideal fiscal state would be one which allows me to pursue what I want to pursue while still forcing me to be successful at it

I am not entirely sure that the complete removal of that particular material impetus would be the best thing for me

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    it would be sweet to come up with some kind of life goal or ambition or something that i thought i wouldn't fail at

i can't tell whether i actually don't have any goals or if i'm just too afraid of failure to ever act on them

the effect is the same either way tho so ~whatever~ *goes back to watching professional starcraft matches*

redhead on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Perfect Post was already made years ago by NotaSenator and primarily involved international K-pop star Jung "Rain" Ji-Hoon dramatically sticking his testicles into a forumer's mouth

I'm sorry but that pinnacle is irreplacably occupied

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i love the new mountain goats album! it is already one of my favorites by them, i think. prowl great cain is incredible, and john's lyrics seem better than ever. i'm seeing them wednesday and hear they brought on a touring keyboardist, which i think makes the band 5 people now, so that should be interesting.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I dream of being braver and more outgoing and positive.

I dream of being a person who matters to people.

A person who doesn't depend on others so much.

Only then will I call myself a man.

:whistle:

I spend so much time and energy killing myself slowly and avoiding doing things that matter.

I want to be a better meeee.

Uriel on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Perfect Post was already made years ago by NotaSenator and primarily involved international K-pop star Jung "Rain" Ji-Hoon dramatically sticking his testicles into a forumer's mouth

hehe

Bi

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I want a place like this. Raise some cattle or something and never deal with the rest of the human race. I'd probably go insane or something I'm sure, but I'll deal with that problem when I get to it.

houses-in-middle-of-nowhere-1.jpg

This is probably just escapism.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I dunno, Riotcow's "drinking tiny milks" post is way high up on that particular list

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sometimes I feel bad about living entirely off of my vet benefits, but then I remember all of the times the high level unit financial fuckers illegally docked our pay because the regiment was over budget so fuck 'em

Weaver on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Oh, lord, yes.

I am constantly strangled by my own feelings of inadequacy, I don't sing or play music because I never felt I was good enough for anyone to want to listen to, I am honestly shocked every time I pass an assessment at college, I rarely go outside socially because I can't understand how anyone would want to spend time around me.

I tried doing a blog writing thing once, and it started fine, then swiftly fell apart. I think I have 4-5 different draft posts saved somewhere that I couldn't finish / post because I re-read them and wondered who on earth would want to read such blatant crap, I can barely find the motivation to clean or polish my boots some days, because I'll undoubtedly do it wrong on some level.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I want a place like this. Raise some cattle or something and never deal with the rest of the human race. I'd probably go insane or something I'm sure, but I'll deal with that problem when I get to it.

This probably just escapism.

protip: this place does not exist, not the way you're imagining it

irl it smells like shit constantly and the running water is almost never hot

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    money is probably the thing I worry about most out of anything, period

if that particular woe were to vanish I would become significantly more content

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ideal retirement image

tichuckweb.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Yeah, probably. I've done that sort of thing before. In high school I'd go to my dads mining camp out in the boonies of alaska for 3 months and do this sort of thing. I really enjoyed it even though I probably smelled like ass all the time.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I don't put a whole lot of stock in money, but I do appreciate that it somewhat lights a fire under my ass

I think (I think) my ideal fiscal state would be one which allows me to pursue what I want to pursue while still forcing me to be successful at it

I am not entirely sure that the complete removal of that particular material impetus would be the best thing for me

I'm actually at my most productive when financially solvent and not really having to worry about money. 'Cause when I'm not making enough money, or am in debt, I spend shitloads of time just worrying. Like anything I do that isn't specifically providing cash is a waste of time, which puts a ton of pressure on anything I do. "Sure, that might be a stepping stone into a better job somewhere down the line, and it might make me happy, but is it putting money in my pocket?"

If I didn't have to worry about money and all, man oh man. The world would be my oyster. I could just go out and look for stories, and not come back until I found 'em.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I'm actually at my most productive when financially solvent and not really having to worry about money. 'Cause when I'm not making enough money, or am in debt, I spend shitloads of time just worrying. Like anything I do that isn't specifically providing cash is a waste of time, which puts a ton of pressure on anything I do. "Sure, that might be a stepping stone into a better job somewhere down the line, and it might make me happy, but is it putting money in my pocket?"

If I didn't have to worry about money and all, man oh man. The world would be my oyster. I could just go out and look for stories, and not come back until I found 'em.

Christ, that sounds awesome.

Where do I sell out? Just point me in the direction of money.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Yeah, probably. I've done that sort of thing before. In high school I'd go to my dads mining camp out in the boonies of alaska for 3 months and do this sort of thing. I really enjoyed it even though I probably smelled like ass all the time.

Sink a well. Build your cottage a 15 minute walk from your outer herd fence. Heat water over a peat fire and use a gravity shower.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

houses-in-middle-of-nowhere-1.jpgThis probably just escapism.

in high school we went on a field trip do a dairy farm

the most memorable quotes were:

"Us dairy farmers have a reputation for raping the land, but that's only sort of true"
    and
    "It's an alright living if you don't mind ending every day covered in shit"

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'll just bathe in mud.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    do you guys think self-loathing or neurotic anxiety is a legitimate and integral part of the creative process, or one that is dramatized because it so blatantly fits the mold of the "suffering artist"
    these would be some weird SAT essay prompts

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Self-loathing is an integral part in becoming a better artist.

For me, at least.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    do you guys think self-loathing or neurotic anxiety is a legitimate and integral part of the creative process, or one that is dramatized because it so blatantly fits the mold of the "suffering artist"
    these would be some weird SAT essay prompts

the latter

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I want to learn how to dance.

BRB looking up classes.

Uriel on