As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten Discussion] Elizabeth added to P4A; P4's cast is already dead.

• Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Just beat DS2. Pretty rough ending.
    Most of the world is destroyed, but hey! At least you're free! I guess there's a different ending for Daichy other than rage against Polaris?
    Last boss was pretty monstrous. Came down to my nearly indestructible MC and the boss slugging it out, finishing him off just before all the reinforcement demons arrived.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Day 2 boss in DS2 was rather brutal, although I squeaked by on second try after figuring out I could not ignore the adds.

Overall I don't remember DS getting this nasty early on, so it bodes well for the latter parts of the game.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So I've played Devil Survivor Overclocked now for a bit - I'm near the end of Day 3.

I'm kind of confused as to why so many people here seem to hate Yuzu? I think she's fine. It's Midori I want to reach through the screen and choke.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    So I've played Devil Survivor Overclocked now for a bit - I'm near the end of Day 3.

I'm kind of confused as to why so many people here seem to hate Yuzu? I think she's fine. It's Midori I want to reach through the screen and choke.

Because by the end of each day she seems to be sort of maybe evolving as a character

And then at the beginning of each day she seems to be right back to square one "Oh nooooo guys there are demons what are we going to dooooo"

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    Also she moves fewer squares than everyone else, placing her in that uncomfortable place where she can win most of her fights if she could ever get to any

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    OH FUCK MIDORI FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

The power of the hate that I had for her soured my entire experience for DS1. Please tell me there isn't an equivalent in DS2.

EVOL on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I liked Midori and Black Frost. D:

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    EVOL wrote: »

The power of the hate that I had for her soured my entire experience for DS1. Please tell me there isn't an equivalent in DS2.

Closest thing is the Nicaea girl, and you see very little of her.

Have a nice wheeeeee!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Have a nice wheeeeee!

And that's only if you choose her at the start. If you don't, you don't have to deal with her at all.

I have actually restarted the game after choosing her the first time I played through and saw her dialogue.

Also,

http://twitter.com/#!/P4_Protagonist

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I really liked Midori :(

DS1 dialog spoiler
    When some enemy hit her and she shouted something like "What do you think you're doing? Do you have any idea how popular I am on the internet!?" I was sold. :lol:

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Just saw P4 Episode 25, with the killer. Very well handled, especially the flashback method.

Rumor has it that the true ending(and the Margaret fight!?) are going to be in an OVA.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular

Have a nice wheeeeee!

Wheeeee! :P

The game should be coming in about a week now. I was ambivalent about the game but now I'm getting hyped. I'm so glad I went on a media blackout on this one now.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Midori was easily my favorite character. I was incredibly happy every time she showed up.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I really generally liked DS1's cast over DS2's cast

But I will say that in DS1 I either liked or disliked the characters, while with DS2 I either liked them or had no thoughts on them at all, really.

With me it was slightly different, I liked everyone in DS1, but in DS2, I liked everyone except Daichi. Could swear the guy was Shaggy from Scooby-Doo; they just needed to replace all the "AAAAH~!" and "GAH!" lines with "ZOIKS!".

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I liked Midori too. I'm a sucker for Wrong Genre Savvy characters.

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MarsDragonMarsDragon Registered User regular
    I liked Midori because she was a mage that had the same move as everyone else.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Giving every character 4 move in DS2 was one of the best changes they made.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I snagged P1-3 off of PSN and installed them all on my Vita. I decided I'd go with P2 first. Been enjoying it so far, although I haven't really gotten into a battle yet, so I don't really know how combat works. I just got my first weapons for my party. Honestly though, I don't really feel like I need to get into battle. I've just been enjoying walking around and figuring out this crazy game world. Sometimes I feel like games put too much emphasis on combat.

• Options
    You'll be in heaven with IS. It has almost TOO much optional dialogue just from walking around between events.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Jurg wrote: »

Yes! She was basically 100% prepared for a ridiculous situation...just not the SMT style. She was one of the few people ready and willing to fight and do the right thing.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Jurg wrote: »

Yes! She was basically 100% prepared for a ridiculous situation...just not the SMT style. She was one of the few people ready and willing to fight and do the right thing.

But she was Right Genere Savvy. Black Frost man. Black Frost!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Man, they really make you grind for macca in DS, don't they. Is there any point in the game where macca either becomes trivial or semi-trivial? I'd like to flesh out my compendium, pun intended.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Just saw P4 Episode 25, with the killer. Very well handled, especially the flashback method.

Rumor has it that the true ending(and the Margaret fight!?) are going to be in an OVA.

Yeah, it was really well done..as was the whole anime, really. Just a fantastic adaptation, everyone here really should watch it.

That OVA is supposedly coming in August, I think..haven't seen a source for it, though.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Just finished DS 2 with the
    Al Saiduq ending. I made a new world for people yay.

The last boss was a pain, but I really think the characters this time were better fleshed out. I enjoyed the social link stuff. I'm gonna have to do a second round and try to get a "perfect run"

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Say hi to
    Alice
    die
    for me.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Fuck (DS1 day 5 spoilers)
    I managed to let Kay Sucky get killed. :(

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    That tripped me up on my first run too. Did you save Mari first instead of getting Kaido to do it for you? You have to suggest to him on an earlier day (Day 3/4 IIRC) that he should try saving Mari, then when you find the bag, give it to him instead of Mari.

• Options
    That tripped me up on my first run too. Did you save Mari first instead of getting Kaido to do it for you? You have to suggest to him on an earlier day (Day 3/4 IIRC) that he should try saving Mari, then when you find the bag, give it to him instead of Mari.
    I gave Mari the bag directly. I should have put that together myself when the option to speak to Kaido disappeared when I gave her the bag.

Oh well...NG+, I guess.

• Options
    Does anything special happen if... (DS1 Day 5 spoilers)
    You actuall manage to kill all six demon teams in three turns?

Is it even possible? Those fuckers keep binding me.

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Because by the end of each day she seems to be sort of maybe evolving as a character

And then at the beginning of each day she seems to be right back to square one "Oh nooooo guys there are demons what are we going to dooooo"

Meh, she does this for the first two days, maybe, but after that she more or less stops. I'll admit, she never totally loses her role as exposition parrot, but it drops way, way off by the end of Day 2.

I really like Yuzu as a character.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote: »

I can no longer hear this song without the Space Jam lyrics coming into my head.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    At first I thought she looked cheap then I saw it was just a boss battle and I know how ArcSys loves having SNK style bosses.

• Options
    ...I have no idea what is even happening in that video.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    All I know is that that one animation of elizabeth on the ground is amazing. Just chin in hand like she does not give a fuck.

Edit: Oh god. Elizabeth has the best animations.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So is this the Persona thread? Because I just picked up Persona 3 on my Vita...and it's...well, it's a thing. The story has a pretty good hook to it, and it's definitely got me interested to see more....but I could also see it taking a horrible turn for the worst very quickly. So far it seems to be walking a fine line between interesting and hokey.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So is this the Persona thread? Because I just picked up Persona 3 on my Vita...and it's...well, it's a thing. The story has a pretty good hook to it, and it's definitely got me interested to see more....but I could also see it taking a horrible turn for the worst very quickly. So far it seems to be walking a fine line between interesting and hokey.

It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

Phew, good to hear. Glad to know it doesn't take the leap off the pants on head retarded end it could.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Eh...it definitely has problems. The main villains are largely uninteresting, and never really become threatening. The entire second half of the party (basically, everyone that joins after Fuuka except for one person) is boring and pointless at best and absolutely insufferable at worst. The pacing is awful. Tartarus is ridiculously repetitive. Most of the social links suck.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    I don't agree with almost any of that, so I guess your mileage may vary, GnomeTank.

What specifically bugs you about the game?