Options

Polyhedral Pretend Time!

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I also want to try Descent. but man that is an expensive game.

Uriel on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Going to run a modified Darksun Campaign in 4E in a few weeks. Should be fun! 2nd time DMing so I hope my players don't mind me playing fast and loose with how things go.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Picked up Outbreak Undead and I am laughing at how wonderfully "realistic" it is.

Chainsaw does twice the damage of an antimaterial rifle? Yeah that seems accurate. It has some good points but it seems really thrown together.

Unknown Armies on the other hand, seems pretty well thought out and just oozes style for at least the first couple chapters.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just got 2 Ork Trukks off ebay for $46.

WOOGA WOOGA!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i bought Wrath of Ashardalon today. punching out all that cardboard shit took like an hour. now i just need to rally the rabble to play it, and some ravenloft, and then figure out ways to jam them together.

Melding on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OP needs more Diplomacy

yes

Fucking

So many friendships ruined by this game.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    God, I need to sell all these Ork boyz I bought in a state of 40k madness.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »

WOOGA WOOGA!

Be careful with that Tonkka. I got carried away with wh40k on ebay and now I have several 2000 point armies.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have...
    Catan
    Betrayal
    Munchkin
    Dominion
    and Bananagrams!

Isoldae wrote: »
    One of my friends won his first game because he had the only 3s on the map and they were never not being rolled.

We swap out dice if we don't like it.

skettios on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am so god damn terrible at carcassonne.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

WOOGA WOOGA!

Be careful with that Tonkka. I got carried away with wh40k on ebay and now I have several 2000 point armies.

I got it handled man just, just let me check one more auction man.

Y'know, just for old times, ya dig?

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    skettios wrote: »
    One of my friends won his first game because he had the only 3s on the map and they were never not being rolled.

It was some kind of voodoo.

The dude was rolling in sheep with a sheep trade in.

It didn't even make sense.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011

WOOGA WOOGA!

I got it handled man just, just let me check one more auction man.

Y'know, just for old times, ya dig?

It begins...

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

It was some kind of voodoo.

The dude was rolling in sheep with a sheep trade in.

It didn't even make sense.

Ya, we've had games were we swore 12 and 11 were being rolled FAR more than 6 and 8.
    Pretty sure we swapped out the dice.
    Sometimes we just wait though, and the dice change their minds

skettios on
  • Options
    UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so there's these unofficial online multiplayer things of puerto rico and agricola

never having played either, or catan, are these any fun?

Ulises on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2011
    battlestar galactica has provided some of the best board gaming experiences and stories of any I've played and everyone should check it out, even if you don't particularly care for the show

also I've been playing heroclix again lately and that shit is the bomb

the other day I bought a box of figures and inside was martian manhunter sitting on a throne of cookies

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2011
    if we're talking board games, I've got:

battlestar galactica with both expansions (haven't used the second yet, :/)
    d&d: castle ravenloft
    betrayal at house on the hill
    arkham horror with the egyptian exhibit card pack thingie
    world of warcraft the adventure game
    war of the ring
    uh...axis and allies
    settlers of cataan

that's mostly in order of most played to least played, I suppose

I need a game night to happen around here what the hell

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I played the Eve board game last pax with a few buds. Ended up winning without getting into a single fight.

I won through pure land grabbing and economics.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Always wanted to get into 40k but I am awful with my hands, I can barely write let alone paint them little guys.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wish WH40k would just make a prepainted collectable mini game already. I'd love that universe to go more mainstream.

I play catan online at their site and it is a good way to lose a day without realizing it. All the practice with pro players has really helped my game. I can't wait for the next "friendly" game.

I got a few rooms of gamer trash I need to get rid of. A decade of white dwarf magazines, a hundred pounds of mechwarrior minis, a large collection of WoW TCG, Dark Heresy hardcovers, lastest edition D&D hardcovers, and a few dozen random RPG hardcovers my mom bought me at a garage sale (some of which I have never seen anywhere else and some are marked demo copy).

I'd trade all my gamer crap for just a little more.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    you know, if it wasn't such a useless sinkhole into which time, money and self-esteem disappears, i'd like to play 40k again

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's why I don't play, I just paint

same thing with Hordes

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    but

that's where all that stuff goes

if somebody handed me a complete army i'd play

it's all the model-buying and painting i have to do that keeps me from doing it

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Huntera wrote: »
    I want this to be my thread.

I have so much warhammer 40k shit, but no one to play with.

Also I run a D&D 4E game with 2 other people. (Playing 2 characters is weird for RP purposes.)

I'm wondering if people would be down for a WH40k day at PAX this year. Might be something fun to do. Just a series of small 500 pt games.

Never played in my life.

Bring me an army of 'nids.

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    but

that's where all that stuff goes

if somebody handed me a complete army i'd play

it's all the model-buying and painting i have to do that keeps me from doing it

I just get me a box of guys or a blister pack or two and I'm set for a while

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My warmachine models are so embarrassing for how long I spent on them

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just print out some cardboard dudes and try it out.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We were just talking about how we wanted to play betrayal again soon earlier tonight

I think it's my favorite board game

Arkham Horror is great and all, but I only have like one other person who has as much fun as I do in playing it

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, last Betrayal game we played one person got absorbed into a wall and puked out into the basement.

Then were we killed by a dragon.

It was way good times.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dominion is pretty slick, only got to play it a few times though

Franko on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    dominion is easy to pick up and have fun with, but in my experience it gets old pretty fast. still gets pulled out every once in a while, but it's not really the kind of thing you can play consistently without getting bored the way you can with your standard euro resource game

redhead on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bogey wrote: »
    ah_prod_houseonthehill_pic1_en.jpg

:^:

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The main great thing about Robo Rally is that everyone takes their turns at the same time, and you get to flip the hourglass on whoever is slowest to incite panic. This is great both from a "it keeps slow decision makers from slowing down the game" perspective, and causes hilarity when someone makes mistakes in the process and drives off the board. In general the game is great for the "NOOOO" moments when you either you screw up yourself, or get totally punked by being nudged a square.

Agricola is the definition of choice paralysis for many of my friends, including me. There's something about it that makes so many people doubt. It also suffers from two things: A relatively long setup time (mostly because of the lots of bits), and a really long "first time" rule explanation. It has many rules that while logical from a game perspective, you have to know in advance in order to be competitive. I like it, but currently it's hard to convince people to invest the time for it. Might try that online version mentioned.

On the PnP, I have become greatly attached to Rogue Trader. Flyin Spaceships, shootin Xeno scum, dieing horribly due to being shot by Xenos scum.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    YaYa wrote: »
    I try not to play Munchkin very much because it usually totally ruins at least one friendship every game

The last time I played I refused the help of another player because I could see his girlfriend looking daggers at him. I decided it wasn't worth the fallout - I had already made myself unpopular by being the first person to screw over another player (they were all novices and hadn't realised it was a part of the game until I did it).

I think vocalising that in a noble speech of self-sacrifice didn't go down well either - I was like, "Dude, your girlfriend already hates me - no sense in her hating us both. Let me die, and you can win the next round and we can end this charade in a way that doesn't involve you being castrated."

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I rememberer winning my first game of carcasonne at Auspax

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got my Lurker at the Threshold expansion for Arkham Horror

Relationship cards and a new Emissary = so sweet

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    redhead wrote: »
    dominion is easy to pick up and have fun with, but in my experience it gets old pretty fast. still gets pulled out every once in a while, but it's not really the kind of thing you can play consistently without getting bored the way you can with your standard euro resource game

We always play the random mode. Keeps things a bit more interesting. Different strategy for each game.

skettios on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh how to explain Robo Rally...

It's just, well you got this factory floor, and everyone has a robot to control with program cards, and there's lasers and conveyor belts and pits and pushers and crushers... and it's a race.

i want this game

Arch on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    redhead wrote: »

We always play the random mode. Keeps things a bit more interesting. Different strategy for each game.

Yeah, I do the same, although not completely random. Deal out 10 cards, then make sure there are options for all possible starting hands (at least one 2, a couple 3s and 4s, a couple 5s).

Peccavi on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Robo Rally, yesss! I remember seeing that box on the store shelf and needing it.

Also I used to love this one cutesy game called Heroes of the Maze it was really simplistic and entirely luck based but my god did I adore it

EDIT: Apparently it was paid homage in a Lego version? Interesting!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png