As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

3rd Annual Post-PAX Party @Jillian's: Featuring Jonny Nero and The Protomen!

• MeiteronMeiteron Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ticket purchased! I did better this year if I got in on the first fifth, I think last year I got the second or third last ticket before they all sold out. D:

Meiteron on
  • TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arco wrote: »
    langri wrote: »
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    I have a short list of people who have volunteered to help hand things out, check people in, etc. I'll put you on that list and let you know if I have any need you'd be suited to fill. :)

I'm on that list right? You know me. I'm always down for some volunteering.

I should also be on the "will help Arco make the awesome" list.

Yup, you're both on it. Honestly I have way more people offering to help than I really need, which is awesome. With 250 people it will definitely come in handy. <3

If I'm not already on the list, Arco, feel free to put me on there. I can't imagine you'll need the 6'7" guy to be intimidating and do crowd control with a bunch of PAXers, given how awesome they tend to be, but if the unthinkable should happen, I'll do what has to be done.

I'm also available for the far-more-likely handing-out-of-things and checking-in-of-folks, etc.

Teletheus on
    PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This is actually the first time I am hearing of this and this is my third year being a PAX attendee. It sounds super awesome! I'm always trying to get out of my comfort zone and go to these social events, and each year it seems like the group I go with gets bigger and bigger. So, depending on our budgets, it'll be me +3 others! Hopefully I can purchase tickets soon :3

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I just booked my ticket to the party and wanted to ask. How much should I be bringing for drinks and food? I see the prices on the menu for food but no mention of how much I should plan for alcohol related exspenses.

Ricin

Ricin on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    wunderbar wrote: »
    All really good suggestions. If I have the amount of money it looks like I'm going to have, a console (or two, honestly) isn't out of the question.

43 tickets sold! Keep spreading the word! We haven't lost momentum yet and I have no doubt that we'll sell out, but part of that is being diligent in keeping the buzz alive.

Be careful with the prizes for those of us that may be international travelers. if it's something super big/expensive it may be a lot more difficult to get it to our respective countries, even Canada.

And if it is region free or not.
    This is actually the first time I am hearing of this and this is my third year being a PAX attendee. It sounds super awesome! I'm always trying to get out of my comfort zone and go to these social events, and each year it seems like the group I go with gets bigger and bigger. So, depending on our budgets, it'll be me +3 others! Hopefully I can purchase tickets soon :3

Awesome now I need both hands to count the people from AZ.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Awesome now I need both hands to count the people from AZ.

Aha! I've only seen like three people! One was actually on my plane last year and he was at the Two Worlds 2 Booth wearing that funny hat!

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    First year headed to the post party, but 3rd PAX overall. Bringing my girlfriend and hopefully a friend along as well, cant wait to be there!

Diffusion on
    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Weenog42Weenog42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Tickets get!
    On ideas for the raffle, maybe a few nice/high quality collectible pins/badges/mugs/some sort of memorabilia that say "Post-PAX Prime Party 2011"?

Depends what the item is, and how high-quality. I don't think anybody wants a Post-PAX Prime Party 2011 [strike]frisbee[/strike] Novelty Flying Disc, whereas something like a shot or pint glass would be cool (and useful on the night!)

Weenog42 on
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Question: does the cover charge include the arcade?

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Question: does the cover charge include the arcade?

Unfortunately not, it covers the food, one drink ticket, unlimited pool, darts, and ping-pong on the first floor and access to 12 different screens/av setups for consoles and other things.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ricin wrote: »
    I just booked my ticket to the party and wanted to ask. How much should I be bringing for drinks and food? I see the prices on the menu for food but no mention of how much I should plan for alcohol related exspenses.

Ricin

The ticket price includes an appetizer buffet and one drink ticket. The appetizer buffet lasts the three hours that we pay for. Any additional food during that time, or food after, is on you. The drink ticket covers a $6 drink. After that you're on your own.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • smerksmerk Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    thegh0sts wrote: »
    any Aussies going?

Yep. Tikkit Gotted.

smerk on
    What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just snagged 5 tickets for myself and friends. I am looking forward to closing out my PAX experience with games and booze. :)

Swae on
  • thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    smerk wrote: »
    any Aussies going?

Yep. Tikkit Gotted.

now you got me interested LOL

thegh0sts on
    Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
    edited July 2011
    smerk wrote: »
    any Aussies going?

Yep. Tikkit Gotted.

now you got me interested LOL

Smerk is good people, too.

Arco on
    edited July 2011
    *blush*

smerk on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wait....good people are going?

When did you let that happen, Arco?

/tickets got!

chaosisorder on
    edited July 2011
    i may buy a tix if there's still some left by next week!

thegh0sts on
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    tix get

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
    edited July 2011
    that's only a few blocks away from my hotel too.....grrr.....

thegh0sts on
    edited July 2011
    We've sold 65/250 tickets. There will definitely be some left next week. I don't expect to sell out until sometime in August.

Menu poll incoming!

Arco on
    edited July 2011
    Ah bugger it! you guys convinced me: I has bought a ticket!

thegh0sts on
  • Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    And, that's my ticket got!

After attending the Harmonix Rock Band evening here before PAX last year, I know that the staff are pretty good at letting parties roll on (i think the rock banding went on for over an hour longer than it should have), so i have no quibbles with the choice of venue.

And i know someone asked about drink prices earlier.. from what I hazily remeber, it was about $5/6 per pint of 'beer', so didn't seem too bad..

Plus it'll be a 5 minute stagger back to my hotel, which is always appreciated (especiall coming off the end of the awesome that is 3 days of PAX

Baka Al on
    edited July 2011
    We're at 66 tickets sold, which puts us over 1/3 the way there. With 46 days to go, we're right on schedule to sell out sometime in August, a week or two before PAX.

The raffle pool is at $352.00, which means that if people keep donating like they're donating now, we'll have around $1000 to shop with for raffle prizes. Pretty fucking exciting. That's a lot of stuff, folks.

Keep spreading the word and getting your friends to buy tickets.

Arco on
    edited July 2011
    Ah bugger it! you guys convinced me: I has bought a ticket!

Yes. That was the correct action for you to take.

See you there.

smerk on
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This sounds great. I was too late to get a ticket last year, but Jillian's is awesome and I'm always up for extending the PAX magic a few more hours.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ticket purchased. I am excited! :rotate:

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ricin wrote: »

Ricin

The ticket price includes an appetizer buffet and one drink ticket. The appetizer buffet lasts the three hours that we pay for. Any additional food during that time, or food after, is on you. The drink ticket covers a $6 drink. After that you're on your own.

So after the 3 hours of buffet time is over, can we make and distribute, free waffles?
    271205686_k5TeF-L-2.jpg
    271205633_7qbeR-L-2.jpg

Also, can I give my drink ticket (I don't drink the alcohols) to someone else so they can have a fancy $12 dollar drink?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    One of teh bars we hit on Triwizard last year had done up a few PAX/geek related cocktail inventions with a little menu for us. You might want to warn Jillian's we're suckers for geekry and liquor combined and if they did something similar might introduce us to a few new cocktails and be able to sell some fancier drinks ;)

• tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    when i register on the site whats the 'handle' field for?

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    tokyodove wrote:

'Handle' is just an other word for nickname, username, or forum name. For you, it would be 'tokyodove'.

7B14287.png
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    For your internet handle, so put 'tokyodove' up in there.

• tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    peetsnack wrote:
    tokyodove wrote:

'Handle' is just an other word for nickname, username, or forum name. For you, it would be 'tokyodove'.

cool cheers

now i have someone to (badly) play the pool tables with! YAY!

Wow, what got into you guys? Like 7 tickets bought in a half hour spree this morning! :D

• LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    So uhh... about that menu poll.... or is there no poll? If not, can I see what the menu is ahead of time?

edited July 2011
    Arco on
  • MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    Arco wrote:

It's not letting me choose more than one option, is the problem between my keyboard and my chair?

Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    Arco wrote:

Can only select one option in that poll, need to have checkboxes or set it to allow multiple selections in polldaddy (if you can do that)

Sorry, my bad. Fixed!