As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Ultimate RADlands] Bad Moon Rising [Babblepunk] Mutton Sliders

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    O Wise Magic Thread Ball:

Should I have myself another gin and tonic? I am alone tonight and the first one I had did little to alter my state of consciousness.

e: I have fresh limes, if that affects the answer.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    firetruck i will have another guinness if you have another gin & tonic

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    good enough for me

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    im an enabler

Squall on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Squall, get on Gmail.

Everybody else: Workin' on a post now.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    you guys should try being a lightweight with alcohol

is fun

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Squall wrote: »
    im an enabler

Cheers, Squall

IMG000005.jpg

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Chet Lumbowski [Pilot 15] [Chatty 10] [Loyal 10] [Genial 10] [Doormat 5]

Chet continues to wail.

"What is going on!? First my plane, and now the city!? James! I'm scared! Should we head more land!? Sir, what should we do? Oh god, my plane!"

He is babbling at this point.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    im an enabler

Cheers, Squall

IMG000005.jpg

cheers

20110402232613817.jpg

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    dem eyebrows

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    nose the size of gibraltar

Squall on
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    [Lake] Captain Marcus "Skiff" Skiffen [Ex-Navy 10] [Keen Senses 15][Burly 10][Commanding 10][Gruff 5]

Marcus stared as he floated at the distant city skyline and the unnatural dance of its towers and skyscrapers. Beside him, the man that he presumed to be the plane's pilot was babbling a stream of nervous half-sentences while his passenger remained silent. Marcus rubbed his eyes with a thumb and forefinger, frustrated. Something was wrong.

Marcus grunted.

"We head for my boat," he stated simply, and began to swim toward his vessel, glancing to the men from the plane to ensure that they would follow. The safety of his crew was paramount.

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think Squall has the same eyebrows as the girl in my sig

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    resemblance is uncanny

Squall on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    now I can't unsee it

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    now all she needs is a flatcap, a collared shirt, and a drinking problem and the transformation would be complete

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    my petard

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [Streets]
    The bystanders are staring up at a sky-scrapers across the way - the Murphy Building - which has started to twist in place, sinking slowly down as it does. [15%/20%] Anderson ushers folks away from the accident itself, and manages to create some calm, but there's not a terrible lot you can do to keep people from freaking out when the city is coming down around them.

The sound of grinding metal draws the two men's attentions back toward the accident - the fire trucks are sinking into the pavement. Cracks trace out across the road, heading toward the semi.

[Lake]
    Marcus swims toward his boat, trailing the two men behind him. Hopefully, at least. His first mate is already on the dock, throwing a rope into the water.

[Museum]
    There is no answer to Dan's call. None that can be heard above the roar of the sinking building, at least. The group struggles into the room, and makes their way across the pile of discarded presidents.

[40%/45%] Oscar slides down the floor and lands on the side of dais. His foot slips slightly, but he manages to keep his balance. His Maglite swings around, throwing light wildly. The room is empty, more-so than can be explained by the building's current orientation. The bones are gone. Also, not actually bones, those are expensive, but that's neither here nor there. Like the bones.

...and the children.

Swinging the light around again, Oscar catches sight of a large, strangely clean, hole torn in the back of the stegosaurus diorama. Silver mist clings to the edge of the gap. In the light of his torch, it almost looks like it's glowing.

A tiny pair of sneakered feet disappear into the hole... as if dragged.

[23%/50%] Kruppe recalls that there should be an emergency station on each floor, near the center of the building. Taking this into account, Ash climbs across the room and pulls herself up through a doorway.

She finds herself in the central hall - two balconies wrapping around a central, two-story tall room. A wide stairway leads up to the balconies on the eastern (and lower) side of the room. The museum's grand, HISTORICALLY IMPORTANT, chandelier hangs at an awkward angle from the ceiling. The floor holds a number of small bits of college history, which have now all slid up against the lower wall.

Cassandra looks up at the two boys, her face tightening. "Run," she hisses. "RUN!" Cass shoves them away, with greater force than could have been expected, and the room explodes.

The museum rocks violently, slipping further into the ground. Oscar's footing slips, and he tumbles down as silver light pours from the hole in the stegosaurus diorama. The hole widens, the light ripping its edges away. He slips past the opening, but something catches him - a band of platinum dust, digging into his ankle, tearing away the skin.

Ash is thrown over the edge of balcony, [28%/30%] but her hand snags the railing, her body dangling out over the hall as silver haze floods the ground floor. It tears into the wood and metal there, boiling it away, ripping it to shreds. As adrenaline floods her head, Ash swears she could see something.. moving within it.

Behind her, the assembled group tumbles into the pile of waxy world leaders, shattering a replica colonial chair in the process.

Chuck and James hit the far wall of the museum as its western end falls back to Earth with a resounding thud, cracks racing across the building's supporting walls. The Mongolian warrior's gear behind her drops to the ground, as silver light rushes in from the adjoining rooms. Bodies hang in it, suspended, struggling like flies in web, bound by the radiance as it shreds their clothing and skin away. The tour guides, the teachers, security guards, classmates. They're alive, but even the two young boys can see the won't be for long.

Cassie screams and stuggles against the light... but it's not taking her apart. She screams, but the only sound in the room is the eerie wail of the light. The light is singing.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Toasters

be the Tom Sawyer to my Huck Finn

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    [Campus] Jerry Evers AKA Cobalt [Hacker 20] [Puzzle-Solver 20] [Perceptive 10] [Egotist] [Weak-Willed] Special 25
    [One Arm]

Cobalt yelps as one of the girls goes flying over the balcony. He runs up and wraps his good hand around her wrist while extending his prosthetic out to her.

"Grab on! Watch the hook."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [Street] Samuel Crabbe [Firefighter 15][Spry 15][Amiable 10][Handsome 5][Neurotic 5] Special 25%

"Mind your step up there, tremors might not be the best time to go climbing!" he cautions the boistrous EMT. "Hold on, have to look after me and mine" he says after catching a glimpse off the fire trucks submerging in the distance. A walkie talkie is brought from his belt: "Crabbe here, make sure we're all clear of the truck, looks like she's taking a dive!" He opens up the radio to all emergency channels, trying to get an idea of the scale of the quake.

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [Street]
    The radio hisses angrily at Samuel. It doesn't seem to be working.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    [Lake] Captain Marcus "Skiff" Skiffen [Ex-Navy 10] [Keen Senses 15][Burly 10][Commanding 10][Gruff 5] Special 25%

Marcus pulled himself onto the deck, soaked and dripping. The dive to the plane was not hard, but it still left him with a bit of fatigue. Most things did these days. He grunted.
    Facing the city again, he glanced at his first mate, sizing the man up. He appeared well, despite the... wrong feeling in the air. The hair on the back of Marcus's neck was standing on end, unnerved.
    "How is the boat?" he asked of his first mate in a rough tone, returning to his natural command. First, he had to keep his ship afloat, and then he could worry himself over the city.

Marcus turned to the men in the water, helping to pull themselves onto the deck, giving them little more than grunts and a nod to each. He turned again to his first mate.
    "These men were on that plane," he said. "Get them aboard, and bring them some dry clothes."

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [Lake]
    "The boat is fine," Levitica says, climbing up from below deck. "Mechanically speaking. Everything electrical is shot, but this is an old boat, and it can run without 'em."

The first mate - a young man by the name of Tom, used to be an accountant but quit when the job got too "suffocating" - nods and hauls Chet and James aboard, before ushering them toward the forward cabin.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I assume the two men Henry and Dusty? Regardless, we're close enough to see what's going on.
    [Street] Dusty Bhan [Astronaut 10%] [Teleportation 5%] [Handy 10%] [Tenacious 5%] [Withdrawn] Special 25%

Dusty's voice comes out in a dry rasp- aspirating more than projecting. "Would be a good idea for people to get off road." Beneath his mask, he grimaces. Not loud enough. He clambers on top of a recycling bin and waves at the crowd with both hands, intermittently motioning away from the sinking road-hoarse barks squeeze out of his lungs in an effort to garner some sort of attention.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited April 2011
    James "Jimmy" Motte [Museum]
    [Delinquent 20%][Devious 20%][Sprightly 5%] [Analytical][Selfish 5%] COLOR="Lime"]25%[/COLOR

Strikingly blue eyes staring abjectly at the unfolding horror, James slowly pushes himself to his feet.

"These people..."

"Chuck, we need to get out of here. Now."

Grabbing hold of his friend, Jimmy pulls Chuck with him as he desperately searches for an exit, trying his best to ignore the eyes of his teachers and peers, trying his best to block out Cass's screams.

He tries his best to avoid the light.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    [Campus] Dan Mcgee [Sheriff 10][Hardened 10][Careful 10][Sharpshooter 10][Stubborn 10] Special 25%
    Dan staggers out into the grand central hall. He didn't know what was going on, couldn't know, it was unfathomable, it didn't make sense, it was out of this world, it was entirely alien. His mind couldn't take it, his simple world had exploded into smithereens, but it didn't matter now.

People needed help. Things needed doing. That was all that mattered.

He saw one of the students hanging onto the railing, being helped by another. Act now, think later. He tried to help pull her back, back from...from whatever was happening below. He wasn't quite sure what that was, but it looked bad.

Is cass and the kids and Oscar in this big room, or somewhere else?

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [Street] Richard Anderson[Paramedic 10][Biomancer 20][Enthusiastic][Studious 5][Short-Tempered] Special 25%

Rich appraises the sinking trucks and frowns, the frown becoming a grimace as he overhears the static from Crabbe's radio.

"I got it!" he calls out, hopping to the pavement and breaking into as quick a sprint as he can manage, dodging between panicked pedestrians and stopped vehicles. Someone had to make sure the trucks were clear. Might as well be him.

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [Street]
    [64%/30%] The crowd is too panicked to be organized without a bullhorn and maybe a few shots fired. Luckily, they're panicked enough to be running away from the cracking road, and Dusty's waving does get some of them going in the right direction, at least.

Richard moves toward the trucks. One of the firemen grabs him as he moves, the much larger man easily carrying Mr. Anderson back the way he came. "Their clear!" he screams over the churning of the stone, but his voice is taught, and Richard catches site of a gloved hand pressed against the glass of the truck as it sinks.

[Museum]
    James scans the room. The only way out that wouldn't involve going past Cassandra is the way they came in - back toward the front entrance. The teachers and students are writhing more frantically now, the outlines of their bodies growing fuzzy as the light takes apart their skin. One of the students coughs, and pitch black dust pours out into the glow, flowing down toward Cassandra.

In the main hall, Dan and Cobalt [16%/80%] manage to grab hold of Ash and haul her back up, just as a coil of platinum haze rises up toward her. The noise is absurd - the dust sparkles and chimes, and eerie, hollow tune washing out from it, filling the museum.

Cheese: Somewhere else, but nearby - the exhibition halls are off of the main hall.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [Street] Samuel Crabbe [Firefighter 15][Spry 15][Amiable 10][Handsome 5][Neurotic 5] Special 25%

He pockets the device, making a mental note to refrain from tinkering with it in his spare time from now on while rushing to the truck, frantically ensuring all of his companions made it out.

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [Street] Richard Anderson[Paramedic 10][Biomancer 20][Enthusiastic][Studious 5][Short-Tempered] Special 25%

"Oh fuck you you are not pulling this bullshit when there are lives at stake-" Rich struggles as best he can against the burlier firefighter, cursing a blue streak between his gritted teeth the whole time.

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    perhaps I picked the wrong time to watch a movie

post incoming

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    all these strapping young emergency servicemen

swoon

Squall on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [Street]
    The firemen stop once they've gotten clear of the sinkhole. One puts his hand on Crabbe's shoulder. Jackson is nowhere to be seen.

A few feet away, Rich struggles against a fire-fighter keeping him from the now-sunken truck.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    all these strapping young emergency servicemen

swoon

it's enough to make a man go weak at the knees

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ash (Campus) [Medical Student 20] [Athletic] [Outdoorsy 10] [Marksman 20] [Craves Approval] Special 25%

"Holy shit!" Ash exclaims, taking deep breaths to try and calm herself down. "Thanks, guys. So much."

She looks down at the silver dust that's quickly filling the museum.

"All right, so I'd still like to continue our search but...uh...we might want to avoid that mist. I think I saw something in there."

She smiles weakly. "But, you know, that might just have been a side-effect of the terror."

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    James "Jimmy" Motte [Museum]
    [Delinquent 20%][Devious 20%][Sprightly 5%] [Analytical][Selfish 5%] COLOR="Lime"]25%[/COLOR

Jimmy and Chuck head back the way they came

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No controlling other people's characters, Tommy.

Especially not when the action in question is running away.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    [Campus][Kruppe] [Historian 15][Wise 15][Affable][Cryomancer][Absent-Minded] Special: 25%

Kruppe hoists himself from the pile of presidents, and goes to help the others with the... whatever the hell the silver mist is.

"That does seem to be the best thing to do, yes."

Maybe he can make a damage assessment if the fog clears.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    butttttt weeree gonnna diieeeeeee

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.