As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SC2: Dreamhack and NASL tomorrow! You will never get any work done!

1484951535462

Posts

  • musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ethea wrote: »
    I just 8 pool w/drone to spine crawler. It makes sure the game is fast no matter who wins.

    My spine crawler rushes are legendary. And I have this same mindset...I have about the same win ratio but it takes much less time and is more fun to play.

    musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Joe K wrote: »
    i have heard zvz is all about scouting

    ya, but its annoying and a total roshambo.

    first, you have to tech past slings. if they have an early roach warren, scrap early baneling plans. no roaches, the game should be over as you destroy their drone line with a couple banes.

    so they go roaches, safe play if they get enough (at least 3) before you'd roll in with banes. if you see roaches, get the normal roach upgrades, but slings are your friend as well, as they're cheap and can get nice surrounds with the roaches tanking.

    a lot of people will go to hydras for the dps, some will go festors, which can turn around roach wars quicker and cheaper than mutas or hydras.

    you do have to watch for early shenanigans, 10 pools w/drone to spine crawler in your base, super early banes and slings, hell, just 6 pools are annoying.

    its a crazy matchup...

    i just don't understand how you know all this stuff but can't do any of it

    he just doesn't play fast enough

    and he hasn't got that rhythm going where you go through that checklist of things to constantly do as zerg

    PoolCue on
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Joe K wrote: »
    i have heard zvz is all about scouting

    ya, but its annoying and a total roshambo.

    first, you have to tech past slings. if they have an early roach warren, scrap early baneling plans. no roaches, the game should be over as you destroy their drone line with a couple banes.

    so they go roaches, safe play if they get enough (at least 3) before you'd roll in with banes. if you see roaches, get the normal roach upgrades, but slings are your friend as well, as they're cheap and can get nice surrounds with the roaches tanking.

    a lot of people will go to hydras for the dps, some will go festors, which can turn around roach wars quicker and cheaper than mutas or hydras.

    you do have to watch for early shenanigans, 10 pools w/drone to spine crawler in your base, super early banes and slings, hell, just 6 pools are annoying.

    its a crazy matchup...

    i just don't understand how you know all this stuff but can't do any of it

    at this point, its mechanics. i've recently made (and practiced) some keyboard adjustments that aid me in injecting, and its showing very noticeable improvements.

    i still have to get the muscle memory down, but after that feels "right", its on to scouting, because when i hit all (or at least most) of my injects, i've got shitloads of larvae laying around, and hey, suddenly i've got more units than my opp, and i can just go kill them, no fancy tricks.

    just been practicing it against VH AI's, and i'm really disappointed with the AI, actually. When it sees a ton of units, it starts doing stupid things, like a second nexus in base....

    Joe K on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I've been trying Spanishiwa's no gas FE for ZvP and ZvZ.

    It is marvalous, and quite my style honestly. I've incorperated some of the ideas into my personal ZvT play as well.

    But in ZvZ it was incredible. I held off a ling/bling allin on Shakuras (like 6 banes and maybe 20 lings) and all I had was 2 lings, 1 (with 2 more built a little while after they arrived) and 4 queens. I didn't even lose a single drone, it was amazing.

    Anzekay on
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anzekay wrote: »
    So I've been trying Spanishiwa's no gas FE for ZvP and ZvZ.

    It is marvalous, and quite my style honestly. I've incorperated some of the ideas into my personal ZvT play as well.

    But in ZvZ it was incredible. I held off a ling/bling allin on Shakuras (like 6 banes and maybe 20 lings) and all I had was 2 lings, 1 (with 2 more built a little while after they arrived) and 4 queens. I didn't even lose a single drone, it was amazing.

    i keep hearing this spanishiwa's open, does someone have a link to it.

    Joe K on
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I often enjoy games when one player or the other cheeses. Usually more interesting than straight up macro games.

    Last night banelings broke my ramp and speedlings ran by my spine crawlers to raze my main hatchery, which left us roughly even because he expanded to his natural right when I cleared out his lings and re-expanded to my main.

    kedinik on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Joe K wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    So I've been trying Spanishiwa's no gas FE for ZvP and ZvZ.

    It is marvalous, and quite my style honestly. I've incorperated some of the ideas into my personal ZvT play as well.

    But in ZvZ it was incredible. I held off a ling/bling allin on Shakuras (like 6 banes and maybe 20 lings) and all I had was 2 lings, 1 (with 2 more built a little while after they arrived) and 4 queens. I didn't even lose a single drone, it was amazing.

    i keep hearing this spanishiwa's open, does someone have a link to it.

    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=207017

    Anzekay on
  • iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alright no trolling in the post

    I want to make a personal appeal to you dhal. I want you to practice as terran and become as good at the race as you possibly can. I want you to compete against the higher ranked protoss' in the community. I want you to personally experience how much more difficult it is to combat a collosus death ball than it is to build one.

    that's all i want from you bro. learning other races will make you a stronger protoss player as well, if you chose to return.

    iowa on
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am a random player Iowa, and I can speak from experience that there is no more skill or difficulty involved at playing Terran at a Master's level than there is playing Protoss. Protoss was easier for me to learn, partly because I already had the mechanics in place from learning Terran, but actually playing it at a (somewhat) high level is just as difficult, mechanically and strategically.

    So, I challenge you to do the same iowa. Learn both Terran and Protoss until you can get them both to Masters league, and tell me if one is harder than the other.

    mEEksa on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just watched TSL3 Cruncher vs Idra.

    Oh there aren't any balance issues at all, blizzard. None at all. IdrA only owned 90% of the map and built like 30 corruptors. Didn't matter.

    TheBog on
  • iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    mEEksa wrote: »
    I am a random player Iowa, and I can speak from experience that there is no more skill or difficulty involved at playing Terran at a Master's level than there is playing Protoss. Protoss was easier for me to learn, partly because I already had the mechanics in place from learning Terran, but actually playing it at a (somewhat) high level is just as difficult, mechanically and strategically.

    So, I challenge you to do the same iowa. Learn both Terran and Protoss until you can get them both to Masters league, and tell me if one is harder than the other.

    dhal already dedicates huge amounts of his time to playing this game

    i dont. i cant afford to. not accepted.

    iowa on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TheBog wrote: »
    Just watched TSL3 Cruncher vs Idra.

    Oh there aren't any balance issues at all, blizzard. None at all. IdrA only owned 90% of the map and built like 30 corruptors. Didn't matter.
    If you think that match, where Idra built zero (was it zero? Pretty sure it was zero) infestors and engaged in an awful position was an example of imbalance you are a silly goose.

    JAEF on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    TheBog wrote: »
    Just watched TSL3 Cruncher vs Idra.

    Oh there aren't any balance issues at all, blizzard. None at all. IdrA only owned 90% of the map and built like 30 corruptors. Didn't matter.

    Idra: "I'm approaching the match as if it were a walkover."

    LOOOOOOOL

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    iowa wrote: »
    mEEksa wrote: »
    I am a random player Iowa, and I can speak from experience that there is no more skill or difficulty involved at playing Terran at a Master's level than there is playing Protoss. Protoss was easier for me to learn, partly because I already had the mechanics in place from learning Terran, but actually playing it at a (somewhat) high level is just as difficult, mechanically and strategically.

    So, I challenge you to do the same iowa. Learn both Terran and Protoss until you can get them both to Masters league, and tell me if one is harder than the other.

    dhal already dedicates huge amounts of his time to playing this game

    i dont. i cant afford to. not accepted.

    So you admit that you aren't good enough at the game to have any idea what you're talking about?

    Shocking :O

    Lemming on
  • iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lemming wrote: »
    iowa wrote: »
    mEEksa wrote: »
    I am a random player Iowa, and I can speak from experience that there is no more skill or difficulty involved at playing Terran at a Master's level than there is playing Protoss. Protoss was easier for me to learn, partly because I already had the mechanics in place from learning Terran, but actually playing it at a (somewhat) high level is just as difficult, mechanically and strategically.

    So, I challenge you to do the same iowa. Learn both Terran and Protoss until you can get them both to Masters league, and tell me if one is harder than the other.

    dhal already dedicates huge amounts of his time to playing this game

    i dont. i cant afford to. not accepted.

    So you admit that you aren't good enough at the game to have any idea what you're talking about?

    Shocking :O
    lol

    that is the conclusion a reasonable person would come to from reading this post.

    have you built a robo vag yet? im waiting

    iowa on
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    iowa wrote: »
    Lemming wrote: »
    iowa wrote: »
    mEEksa wrote: »
    I am a random player Iowa, and I can speak from experience that there is no more skill or difficulty involved at playing Terran at a Master's level than there is playing Protoss. Protoss was easier for me to learn, partly because I already had the mechanics in place from learning Terran, but actually playing it at a (somewhat) high level is just as difficult, mechanically and strategically.

    So, I challenge you to do the same iowa. Learn both Terran and Protoss until you can get them both to Masters league, and tell me if one is harder than the other.

    dhal already dedicates huge amounts of his time to playing this game

    i dont. i cant afford to. not accepted.

    So you admit that you aren't good enough at the game to have any idea what you're talking about?

    Shocking :O
    lol

    that is the conclusion a reasonable person would come to from reading this post.

    have you built a robo vag yet? im waiting

    Dude of course I built a robo, what else could I build and not lose immediately?

    Lemming on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    iowa wrote: »
    mEEksa wrote: »
    I am a random player Iowa, and I can speak from experience that there is no more skill or difficulty involved at playing Terran at a Master's level than there is playing Protoss. Protoss was easier for me to learn, partly because I already had the mechanics in place from learning Terran, but actually playing it at a (somewhat) high level is just as difficult, mechanically and strategically.

    So, I challenge you to do the same iowa. Learn both Terran and Protoss until you can get them both to Masters league, and tell me if one is harder than the other.

    dhal already dedicates huge amounts of his time to playing this game

    i dont. i cant afford to. not accepted.

    Cool story bro. Stop talking.
    iowa wrote: »
    lol

    that is the conclusion a reasonable person would come to from reading this post.

    have you built a robo vag yet? im waiting

    Oh look, only 12 hours until he started trolling again.

    3cl1ps3 on
  • iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    it's lemming. please.

    who are you anyway. relax

    iowa on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
  • Cold FusionCold Fusion Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Some carrier and nuke action going down on Grubby's stream.

    http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Grubby

    Edit: Aww too late.

    Cold Fusion on
    1309077-1.png
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    How the fuck are you suppose to scout terran? I mained terran and I can't get a read on their builds.

    http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=202322

    This shit fucking looked like a fast expand to me.

    Fizban140 on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Early scouting can be tricky if they have set up a wall.

    And scouting earlier than wall-off time tells me nothing because I am quite a bad player.

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    How the fuck are you suppose to scout terran? I mained terran and I can't get a read on their builds.

    http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=202322

    This shit fucking looked like a fast expand to me.

    That is normally what a 1rax nogas FE looks like. But that player is crappy, so it was an extremely poorly executed 2rax. If you see no gas and 2 barracks expect an early attack or an all-in.

    Scouting bad players is tough because they just...do things. They either do stuff that makes no sense, or they do a normal build poorly, so it looks like something else.

    3cl1ps3 on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TSL3 is on

    JAEF on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Joe K wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »
    So I've been trying Spanishiwa's no gas FE for ZvP and ZvZ.

    It is marvalous, and quite my style honestly. I've incorperated some of the ideas into my personal ZvT play as well.

    But in ZvZ it was incredible. I held off a ling/bling allin on Shakuras (like 6 banes and maybe 20 lings) and all I had was 2 lings, 1 (with 2 more built a little while after they arrived) and 4 queens. I didn't even lose a single drone, it was amazing.

    i keep hearing this spanishiwa's open, does someone have a link to it.

    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=207017

    Interesting, I've been opening a lot like this lately and it's been mostly working well. I don't think I have the balls to do it in ZvZ unless I'm on tal'darim something similarly huge since I just get murdered by fast pools to often.

    I still need to figure out a better way for me to handle voidrays as a lot of my games lately have either been, light pressure into like, 4 voidrays or mass zealot warp-ins. I think on the zealot side I just need to be more proactive about throwing down a couple spine crawlers.

    TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alright Husky.

    Show us that you've improved.

    3cl1ps3 on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=202329

    Why did I lose so badly? I know mym acro sucked but I had a much larger army that constantly lost.

    Fizban140 on
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For those commenting on idra vs cruncher tsl ro32, remember he was playing before the infestors got buffed.

    sumwar on
  • KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think I might be turning into Goody. Mech mech mech mech mech.

    Keamien on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140: You regularly engage in poor positions. Like, engaging a whole Roach concave + spine crawlers with only stalkers and a couple sentries is going to end badly, especially when you're roughly equal. Spinecrawlers do a lot of damage to Stalkers.

    I would focus on your mechanics right now - your CyCore went down at 22, which is 6 food too late. If you're consistently that late it might explain why you had very few units when he Roach busted you (why did you not have multiple sentries by this point?).

    3cl1ps3 on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    I didn't make sentires because I scouted the roach lair.

    Fizban140 on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sentries are invaluable for stopping him from getting up your ramp like that. You should always have at least 1, maybe more. Stalkers deal tons of damage to them but you need to be able to control them because they're half the price of Stalkers, so they'll probably outnumber you.

    3cl1ps3 on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Time to play the "can you remember the start of Husky's sentence by the end of it" game.
    I can't. :(

    815165 on
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    http://www.ustream.tv/teamliquidtv

    for anyone else who cant get to tl.net

    peacekeeper on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    I just lose games for so many reasons, when I focus on macro I lose to an all in, when I focus on micro I lose the macro war. I just need a higher APM, better game knowledge and...well that is everything in the game I think.

    Fizban140 on
  • SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wow. I love the TSL's intros. I feel like the reason the TSL looks so nice is because of Glider's portraits...

    Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Scout at 9 to detect obvious cheese, grab detection early enough against T that cloaked banshees won't kill you, and other than that just focus on macroing out a lot of units. I promise that you'll reach mid-diamond by just improving your macro mechanics, Fizban.

    kedinik on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I just lose games for so many reasons, when I focus on macro I lose to an all in, when I focus on micro I lose the macro war. I just need a higher APM, better game knowledge and...well that is everything in the game I think.
    The key to macro is to make it something you do in the background. Make sure you're utilizing hotkeys etc. to make sure that you have to go back and look at your base as little as possible. Practice your opening in YABOT ten times to burn it in the back of your mind. The less you have to think about timings and supply blocks etc. the more you can focus on your opponent and army movement and response.

    JAEF on
  • mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I just lose games for so many reasons, when I focus on macro I lose to an all in, when I focus on micro I lose the macro war. I just need a higher APM, better game knowledge and...well that is everything in the game I think.

    I suggest you watch some pro replays Fiz, and try to recreate the builds they do (I highly suggest you focus on learning the 3gate expand for PvZ). You always, always want sentries in PvZ, at least five of them. Forcefields are essential in defeating a similar foodcount Zerg army.

    mEEksa on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Great job to QXC.

    That was just good play. Risky, but he pulled it off. Adel didn't see the barracks.

    BlackDove on
Sign In or Register to comment.