Options

NBA STREET - Homecourt (DEMO ON LIVE NOW!!!)

Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
I hate EA, but damn I love me some NBA Street (not V3 though... that shit was terrible).

Now that we got that out of the way...

nba-street-homecourt-20070111013618942-000.jpg

nba-street-homecourt-20070110051707007.jpg

nba-street-homecourt-20070110051708038.jpg

nba-street-homecourt-20070105030728518.jpg

nba-street-homecourt-20061212010226661.jpg

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEhnqIp71Kw

(Must higher res video of that and many others on gametrailers.com)

This NBA Street seems to be going back to the roots of what made Vol 2 so damn good. The new trick system allows for easy combo chains. The game has a bunch of new things such as double dunking that allows the player to dunk the ball, grab it again while still hanging on to the rim and dunk it again for 2 points (street ball rules, 1 point per shot, 2 form behind the arch shots). The dunks over all are awesome and fucking crazy! The gamebreakers are also different in that they aren't cutscene automatic shots and there are various different gamebreakers this time around. Did I mention the dunks are fucking nuts and awesome?

The game is awesome. This is will be the first EA game I've bought since Burnout 3. Bravo EA Big... Bravo! EBgames.com list this as coming out Feb. 20. I hope that's true.

pasigfa7.jpg
Kewop Decam on

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Those fabrics looks amazing.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm really looking forward to this game. I've always enjoyed Arcade-style basketball games, and I think this one is going to be one of the best ever.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    brynstar wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to this game. I've always enjoyed Arcade-style basketball games, and I think this one is going to be one of the best ever.

you know what means.... I'm kicking yo ass on LIVE when it drops.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What is the "er" shit?

Balla'

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Much like Kewop said, V3 didnt do it for me, but Volume 2 was an awesome game. If this is anywhere near as good as that I'll be happy.

BiggNife on
  • Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I haven't played NBA Street since..the first one, this one looks like hot shit so I'll probably be picking this one up. :3

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't see a single afro in any of those pictures.

The Cheese on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    They need to get an iron. Their clothes are all wrinkly.

Renzo on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I want this pretty bad

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Iz-GOodIz-GOod Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The gamebreakers are also different in that they aren't cutscene automatic shots and there are various different gamebreakers this time around.

Thank God. I played some NFL Street at a friend's house, he tried to explain to me how Gamebreakers are basically free points, but I didn't really understand until it actually happened.

From that day on, I swore never to touch an EA game which includes Gamebreakers.

Iz-GOod on
    Spizler wrote:
    Also, those green squares can go to hell, along with the tiny purple triangles that like to spawn right next to me while I'm trying to evade a horde of those pink splitters.
    TekkenUserBarIz-GOod.jpg
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Iverson's jersey seems to be floating.

The Cheese on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Iz-GOod wrote:
    The gamebreakers are also different in that they aren't cutscene automatic shots and there are various different gamebreakers this time around.

Thank God. I played some NFL Street at a friend's house, he tried to explain to me how Gamebreakers are basically free points, but I didn't really understand until it actually happened.

From that day on, I swore never to touch an EA game which includes Gamebreakers.
    Cinematic Gamebreakers were the shit in "Gamebreaker Mode". In other words, the first person to reach their Gamebreaker won the game.

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    No Wii version, I suppose.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BongoBongo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    There's a demo of this on Live, tried it out yesterday.

I think I just need to play it a bit more to really get into it, but so far I haven't enjoyed the gameplay too much.

Looks fucking hot, though.

Bongo on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    brynstar wrote:

you know what means.... I'm kicking yo ass on LIVE when it drops.

I'd love to oblige, but sadly I'll be playing it on PS3. :oops:

I know, I know...

I own a PS3 and a Wii, thus making me...strange I guess.

EDIT: I skipped V3. Guess I didn't miss much?

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Bongo wrote:

I think I just need to play it a bit more to really get into it, but so far I haven't enjoyed the gameplay too much.

this post almost made me fucking trip over my chair trying to turn the 360 on

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Iz-GOod wrote:

However, now I can't play NFS games that don't have the Speedbreaker.

It's like a little bit of Burnout at the touch of a finger.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Game is awesome. The demo doesn't tell you much about the controls, but you can figure it out.

Double dunking seems to be cheap and broken so far and the demo won't allow you to play with a friend which is dumb as fuck.

EDIT - I take that back, the computer is just stupid and lets me double dunk all over them. A double dunk with a gamebreaker gives you 4 points and is awesome beyond words.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    manwhichmanwhich Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I love this game so much. I was afraid that after v3 this series jumped the shark butman was i wrong with Homecourt. When i got the demo on friday its all I played that day. I learned everything you could do in that demo. If your good enough you can get a triple dunk on a gamebreaker!

manwhich on
    Manwhiches
  • Options
    WyndhamPriceWyndhamPrice Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm not really a big sports game guy but I love EA Big for SSX so I think I'll give this a spin. I wish the demo had some multiplayer though.

WyndhamPrice on
    WyndhamPrice.png
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Those fabrics looks amazing.

Are we really to the point where clothing texture gets a "must purchase?" I'm sure this was a joke, but I really feel out of touch with today's gamers sometimes. Am I the only one that doesn't really care???

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    The TommyThe Tommy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bongo wrote:

this post almost made me fucking trip over my chair trying to turn the 360 on

You can just turn on your controller :p

Goddamn, this looks awesome but my TV is FUBARed (hey actual correct usage!) so I can't play the demo. I'll have to go buy some VGA cables. I'll probably give it a rental since I guess it's $60 again and I still want Crackdown and Lost Planet.

The Tommy on
    modestmousesig2ab5.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    manwhich wrote:
    I love this game so much. I was afraid that after v3 this series jumped the shark butman was i wrong with Homecourt. When i got the demo on friday its all I played that day. I learned everything you could do in that demo. If your good enough you can get a triple dunk on a gamebreaker!

HOW!?

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    Disco BanditDisco Bandit Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Was V3 shit? I was thinking about picking it up, I really liked the first NBA Street. V3 got pretty good reviews from what I've seen -- are they way off?

Disco Bandit on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5412 9146 7564
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    HOW!?

Get a gamebreaker, then build it up till it's +3, and then have someone lauch you into the air. Pretty bad ass.
    The demo convinced me to buy it this week.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I played the demo a yesterday and liked it, but I am so fucking tired of liking a demo and then finding out the game won't be available to buy for weeks.

What the fuck is this shit

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Was V3 shit? I was thinking about picking it up, I really liked the first NBA Street. V3 got pretty good reviews from what I've seen -- are they way off?

I liked it, but I've never played any of the other games in the series.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I played the demo a yesterday and liked it, but I am so fucking tired of liking a demo and then finding out the game won't be available to buy for weeks.

What the fuck is this shit

itll be available in the US in about 4 days.

and yes, the gamebreaker triple dunk is glorious. it took me awhile to realize that the d-pad is used to call screens, and setups for your teammates to boost you into the air.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, but I wanted the game two days ago. By then I'll have Crackdown.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I went to my local eb to pick up this game, and they told me they only had enough to fill pre orders.
    That just boggles the mind, since I would assume this is the sort of game that they would get plenty off.

Kyougu on