As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed III: THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sweet, we get to mess up some Ottomans.

Maybe we meet a young Jean Valette or Suleiman.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What is the little eagle head on the end of the hidden blade? To catch swords with?

See what i mean here-
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreedrevelations/gami_218_cov_a_front.jpg

Looks like a hook to grab onto cables or something.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Looks to me like a climbing assist tool that Ezio's acquired off Leonardo or something. Dude has to be pushing 50, the arthritis might be getting to him a bit :P

Warcry on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think I'm one of the few who thought AC1 was okay, AC2 was amazing, and ACB was more of the same (translation: More of the same = lazy and boring).

Of course it's too late to pass judgment, but I'll need more than the same characters, another old city, and some new gadgets to give a single fuck about a new Assassin's Creed game.

Renzo on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Now this is what I'm talking about. A bit of how-to when playing multiplayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZETcvoOCMI8

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I loved the single player of AC:B and thought it was pretty far from "more of the same", but the multiplayer, which I really enjoyed at first, got really thin.

It isn't the tactics that bother me, but the sheer glitchiness and lack of players.

I can't tell you how many times I drop a smoke bomb because I KNOW some dude is following me, but here is my kill target. I hit the kill button, I kill my guy, and before the "long-lasting" smoke has cleared, I'm dead, at point blank range, by the pursuer who was not at all affected.

Or, I use a "break" point to escape a pursuer, and 3 seconds later--as I go through the next gate--the dude kills me and I "warp" back to in front of the gate. WTF?

If it happened every 5th game, OK, whatever, but when that type of stuff happens every single game, it is pretty frustrating. I have a really fast (expensive) connection, with a great upload and download, and am unable to limit opponents by their terrible connections, so I found it on the whole to just be miserable.

streever on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am fine with it being as awesome as it currently is, yearly, until the end of time.

I am not sick of this yet, and I do not want them to ration it out to me, because I don't think I'll be sick of it anytime soon.

Give me yearly releases, unless quality starts to suffer. And I don't consider being awesome and staying at that level of awesome lazy or boring. I consider it still awesome.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I am fine with it being as awesome as it currently is, yearly, until the end of time.

I am not sick of this yet, and I do not want them to ration it out to me, because I don't think I'll be sick of it anytime soon.

Give me yearly releases, unless quality starts to suffer. And I don't consider being awesome and staying at that level of awesome lazy or boring. I consider it still awesome.

I'm with you on that!

streever on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've got a small question that doesn't really warrant a new one.

I just got a PS3 and am in the process of picking up games for it. I was gonna get AC 1 and 2 since they're nice and cheap now, but I got the impression from reading around that they're better for the 360 (which I also own). Is that true?

I'm just looking for good excuses to play my PS3, but if they really are better for the 360 I'll go that route.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    All the AC games run better on the 360, this much is true

With each new game, the PS3 version is more and more improved, however

I mean, they'll certainly do, but if you have a 360 handy, go for those versions

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    If you have a shiny new PS3 and want games to play on it, there's better games to go and buy than multi-platform titles.

• KrisKris Registered User regular
    Haha, yeah that's true. I've already picked up a good number of exclusives for it already. Just looking to build my ps3 collection further, and noticed both ac 1 and 2 were $20 each.

Thanks for the confirmation Unbreakable. 360 it is.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    About the only thing going for the PS3 version of Brotherhood is the extra mission set featuring a former Templar that decided the Earth revolves around the Sun.
    And really, it's only like one or two missions. Maybe 3.

newSig.jpg
    I'm curious if there'll be another PS3-exclusive extra with Revelations

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    I think the PS3 versions run just fine, all the way back to the first. I'm one of those weird people who has a 360 and buys even multi-platform games on PS3, though. Look, I had my PS3 first and it was the only one with optical audio output and I like the controller better, so I got used to playing things on it. DON'T JUDGE ME.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    they play fine after patches, but historically the PS3 AC games are a bit more buggy

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Anecdotal and all that, but I never had any bug problems on PS3. And I guess there is more screen tearing? I guess that doesn't usually affect me. Maybe I always played them after they had been patched?

I guess what I am saying is that if you can get 1 and 2 for PS3 significantly cheaper than for 360, it's not a big deal. I can understand if you got Brotherhood for 360 because of the multiplayer community, however.

• Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    So the other AC thread's OP hasn't been around lately. This thread's OP is active and works for Ubi. So this is a shameless attempt to bump this thread up and get discussion shunted into this thread and leave the other abandoned.

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Got my dispatch email last night. Really have so much work to do though and Skyrim. Will desperately squeeze some stabbity stab in some time when it shows up.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Responding from other thread:
    Karoz wrote:
    Aww boo. Didn't realize AC:R on PC is delayed to Dec. 2nd.

Well, if I can wait three days for Skyrim, I can do it easily for AC:R.

Edit: And agreed on thread title. Might need a new one come Tuesday.

I don't think 12/2 is correct, at least not in the US. Every source I have checked has said 11/29. There is a LOT of confusion about the AssRev release date, but MOST sources (including Gamestop's point of sale system which, I admit, is not necessarily accurate either) is saying 11/29.

But I guess we'll see.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Chris FOM wrote:
    So the other AC thread's OP hasn't been around lately. This thread's OP is active and works for Ubi. So this is a shameless attempt to bump this thread up and get discussion shunted into this thread and leave the other abandoned.

Thanks for the bump. Once AC:R gets into swing, I'll overhaul the OP with SP and MP info. Exciting!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Soooo excited about the revamped multi. Maxed out relatively quickly last time, and I'm anxious to see how they keep it going.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I hope Revelations doesn't have a 100% sync challenge as annoying as this Young at Heart rooftop race. It's so infuriating.

So hey, I got the text today

SteevL wrote:
    I hope Revelations doesn't have a 100% sync challenge as annoying as this Young at Heart rooftop race. It's so infuriating.

Make diligent use of your Assassistants

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Responding from other thread:

I don't think 12/2 is correct, at least not in the US. Every source I have checked has said 11/29. There is a LOT of confusion about the AssRev release date, but MOST sources (including Gamestop's point of sale system which, I admit, is not necessarily accurate either) is saying 11/29.

But I guess we'll see.

I keep forgetting about US vs Euro release and it is Eurogamer reporting on it, but yeah, we'll just have to see.

SteevL wrote:

Make diligent use of your Assassistants

Yeah, I had been, but any time I'd get the guards dispatched properly, I'd screw up a jump. Doesn't matter anymore, though. Finally made it through.

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Yes, while I'm pretty hyped for the Singleplayer, the Multiplayer will no doubt be just as good for me. Still anxiously waiting on Co-Op multiplayer, but not sure if it'll be realized.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Reposting PC DRM news:
    Karoz wrote:
    Ubisoft assassinates Always-On DRM for AC:R on the PC. There will just be an initial online activation then go crazy offline, forever. Hopefully this news bolsters the PC sales and also the multiplayer community.

Happy-Dance.jpg

• JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Game is awesome so far. I suck at the tower defense, though I'm sure I'll improve. It's nice to have a real incentive to keep notoriety down.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote:

Unfortunately, according to the achievement list, its in there.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
    The better thread finally won.

@JonBob - Have you had a chance to play any MP? I'm curious to hear how the story is worked in to MP objectives.

Are the servers up before release date? I'm not exactly sure if he'd be able to get on.

• The Count Of Midget FistoThe Count Of Midget Fisto Registered User regular
    I preordered this and Skyrim the same time about 2 months ago. I ordered release day shipping on both. Somehow Skyrim wont be here until Thursday. But I just got an email that Assassin Creed will be here on Monday. This makes me happy.

In Low Orbit Over Budapest
    Are the servers up before release date? I'm not exactly sure if he'd be able to get on.

I don't know, but it is possible they are up due to review copies being out there...

• JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Nope, MP doesn't seem to work yet.

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    Anarchy wrote:
    SteevL wrote:

Well, it's fine that there's an achievement for it. I just hope for less infuriating requirements. :)

I'm very close to getting 100% in Brotherhood now. Only 3 or 4 missions left, and I think I got all the really annoying ones out of the way.

So guys I just beat Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (again) and with 100% sync! Yay. But anyway, I have a question (a very spoilery question):
    Seriously, these are bit Brotherhood spoilers.
    After you complete The Truth and speak to Subject 16 you leave the Animus, but it's glitched to hell and you can't do anything but press a button and reenter the Animus. I experienced the same glitch on the PS3 version and I'm sure it's a common occurrence.

My question is: Maybe that wasn't a bug? It certainly looks and feels like a bug, but maybe that's like an Animus glitch.

One of my theories was that the Desmond sections in (at least) Brotherhood were of either Desmond himself, or Desmond's descendant - his son, perhaps - reliving Desmond's memories. I know most people hate this theory, but it does kind of lend support to it, non?

So, where exactly are you supposed to watch Embers? Is it a video you download in the case of Xbox/PSN, or is it a code you enter for a website? Or is it a new disc entirely?

SteevL wrote:
    Anarchy wrote:
    SteevL wrote:

Well, it's fine that there's an achievement for it. I just hope for less infuriating requirements. :)

I'm very close to getting 100% in Brotherhood now. Only 3 or 4 missions left, and I think I got all the really annoying ones out of the way.

Oh, yes, I almost bitched about Young at Heart the other day but I stifled my rage and progressed. Do you have the parachutes? The trick is to use a parachute at the end. And even then you have to be careful not to leap of faith off the building right across from the 7th (and final) checkpoint.

Also, using assassins to take down the rooftop guards is helpful. You CAN ignore them and finish it in time but it's easier if the first two or three are out of the way.