edited April 2011
    Fucking Bavarians :x

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    And because everyone on these forums only cite the improvement in shooting and then go on to claim how much better it was than ME1 I'll just call ME2 a shooter with no story.

Better inventory management, better music, wider and more varied cast, better graphics, better shooting, less boring bits, less samey bits, better jokes, etc. ME2 improves a lot more than it backslides.

Bogart on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    evilbob wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I am so sorry that my opinion differs from yours.

No you should be sorry because your opinion is objectively wrong.

MY EYES ARE BLEEDINGGGGGGG

Daxon on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fucking Bavarians :x

Yeah. I know some girls from Munich. :D

Haphazard on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I had a dream that I was on a cruise ship, and I met some Asian girls, and I was watching their cats for them. It ended up that their cats could speak Chinese, and I used my Chinese speaking abilities to make friends with their cats. I was going to use my friendship with their cats to my advantage to get one of them to date me, but my dream ended.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    You should all stop playing videogames and play boardgames instead.

I've been playing Defenders of the Realm, Thunderstone and Arkham Horror recently and they are just wonderful.

Go on, off you pop and don't come back without at least having played Settlers.

Yeah, I need to get some friends first. Boardgames are kinda difficult if it's just me and japan.

We have a car now, so we can get together more often, and the next time we do I will twist Mrs. Bogart's arm until she agrees to play a boardgame of some kind.
    I won't actually twist her arm. That would result in major organ damage on my precious, precious body.

Bogart on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    I had a dream that I was on a cruise ship, and I met some Asian girls, and I was watching their cats for them. It ended up that their cats could speak Chinese, and I used my Chinese speaking abilities to make friends with their cats. I was going to use my friendship with their cats to my advantage to get one of them to date me, but my dream ended.

You need therapy.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    honk, ME2 has an excellent story

like, I guess its overarching plot isn't so great, but that's mainly because its overarching plot has to link two others to form the overall plot of the series

the mostly self-contained stories of the companions and the different places are great

don't tell me you didn't like Omega
    I like samara's recruitment on ilium

it kind of reminds me of blade runner

or what I imagine blade runner to be like, having not seen it

Elendil on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I've been playing Defenders of the Realm, Thunderstone and Arkham Horror recently and they are just wonderful.

Yeah, I need to get some friends first. Boardgames are kinda difficult if it's just me and japan.

Not really. Me and my wife play various things. There are lots of great 2P games, or ones that are good with big groups and two players as well.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    You do get to kill lots of Batarians though.

All I need to know.

Man, I hate Batarians. My Shepherd is a total racist when it comes to them. Possible renegade interrupt on who? A Batarian you say? Oh man pull that trigger.

What have the Dutch ever done to you???

Oh... Batarians... carry on...

Obscure Reference bonus!
    +10 kudos

Aldo on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jacob's loyalty mission.

Renegade option.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

We have a car now, so we can get together more often, and the next time we do I will twist Mrs. Bogart's arm until she agrees to play a boardgame of some kind.
    I won't actually twist her arm. That would result in major organ damage on my precious, precious body.

I have been pondering whether Space Crusade would scare her off.

japan on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

like, I guess its overarching plot isn't so great, but that's mainly because its overarching plot has to link two others to form the overall plot of the series

the mostly self-contained stories of the companions and the different places are great

I think what I imagine blade runner to be like will always be infinitely better than whatever it actually is

also, did you take up Dougal's offer in any of your playthroughs?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Look the main reason I play a lot of RPG's is that they usually are the types of games that have really immersive stories. It's basically the only thing that I care about as long as the combat works and the graphics are at least semi modern. ME2's story was not even decent, thus it just wasn't for me.

Probability remains I'll look back at it more positively in the light of ME3.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

I think what I imagine blade runner to be like will always be infinitely better than whatever it actually is

also, did you take up Dougal's offer in any of your playthroughs?

I heard you end up with less money, but it's confusing

I do it the regular way

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Blade Runner is a fine film. Damn youngsters.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I never really got the whole Mass Effect thing to be honest.

I mean I got about halfway through the first game and it was reasonably fun but also not fun enough that I have ever particularly felt the urge to finish it. The gameplay was okay but repetitive and the story was well-written by video game standards but not well enough that I cared about it on its own merits. It wasn't bad by any means but I have no idea why it's as big a deal as it is.

Same goes for Dragon Age.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Space Crusade may be a little too geeky for her. We need a gateway drug of some kind.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    that makes sense, hawke mentions having paid him in the three year interval between acts 1 and 2

it was the worth the opportunity to beat him and his smug face up, though

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Space Crusade may be a little too geeky for her. We need a gateway drug of some kind.

Dominion? BSG? Something like that maybe?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [chat] is infested with replicants today. Pod people with hollow hearts and minds made of vegatable matter.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Not really a board game but... Dominion. It's great.

Edit: Yay, Bob!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I had the same thought.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

BSG kinda relies on familiarity with the show, so that might be out, at least for now. I was thinking more of some of the boardgames that GW used to put out, like The Fury of Dracula. Might try and get her to play the Penny Arcade card game with me finally.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Ticket to Ride?

Pandemic?

Small World?

Settlers of Cataan?

Edit: I actually think Dominion is quite geeky because of its dryness and lack of theme.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I've never played Dominion, but am willing to try it in an attempt to get my wife hooked on the illicit thrill of min-altering substances/boardgames.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    dang, elendil, I didn't know that

DA2 act 1 spoilers
    the game keeps bethany's equipment if you have her join the grey wardens

I lost my staff of parthalan

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I never really got the whole Mass Effect thing to be honest.

I mean I got about halfway through the first game and it was reasonably fun but also not fun enough that I have ever particularly felt the urge to finish it. The gameplay was okay but repetitive and the story was well-written by video game standards but not well enough that I cared about it on its own merits. It wasn't bad by any means but I have no idea why it's as big a deal as it is.

Same goes for Dragon Age.

ME1 wasn't great. ME2 does an amazing job of polishing up the gameplay to make it fun.

I gave up on DA too. One day I'll go back.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Have a look at this list:

http://www.thedicetower.com/thedicetower/index.php/top_ten_lists/top_ten_gateway_games_2

The podcast it's from is excellent too, if you want to listen. Though the recent ones are better because the other presenter works well with Tom Vasel.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

BSG kinda relies on familiarity with the show, so that might be out, at least for now. I was thinking more of some of the boardgames that GW used to put out, like The Fury of Dracula. Might try and get her to play the Penny Arcade card game with me finally.

I don't think it does, cause I played quite a few games of BSG without ever knowing anything about the show. Then I eventually watched it and the game made even more sense.

Having seen the show does help, but not necessary.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    She is a woman of strange eccentricities, though, so there's no guarantee any boardgame will actually do the job. I once watched her build a Lego kit from start to finish, then turn to me and look confused and disappointed at the same time.

"Is that it?"

I haven't often felt unsure of our suitability for one another, but that was one of those times.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    She is a woman of strange eccentricities, though, so there's no guarantee any boardgame will actually do the job. I once watched her build a Lego kit from start to finish, then turn to me and look confused and disappointed at the same time.

"Is that it?"

I haven't often felt unsure of our suitability for one another, but that was one of those times.

I also can't imagine enjoying Legos as an adult. Most of my fun came from having pretend space adventures, not the actual building.

But then I know that lots of other kids enjoyed making unique objects with their Legos rather than just following the instructions.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I wouldn't let a cat set me up on a blind date.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

"Is that it?"

I also can't imagine enjoying Legos as an adult. Most of my fun came from having pretend space adventures, not the actual building.

But then I know that lots of other kids enjoyed making unique objects with their Legos rather than just following the instructions.

Yeah, that's where the fun is. Fuck the instructions. Still worth it to buy the kits for cool pieces though.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I wouldn't let a cat set me up on a blind date.

you're not winky

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    you're supposed to build it the right way and then take it apart

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    yesssssssss

just got ninjutsu in audiosurf

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    if you haven't finished ME1 you have no idea how good the story is

MikeMan on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm of the opinion that ME2 was a great game, not just for it's gameplay, but for it's pacing. 30-45minute minutes of mission, some story resolution was so much better then some of the crap DA1 pulled (Dwarf subquest, i'm looking at you).

And the interruptions made watching dialogue so much more fun. Even though I pretty much always did them, Renegade or Paragon.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.