Options

Taupeian [chat]

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Shit I hope I dont have appendicitis

What does that feel like?
    Feels like really bad gas or a kidney stone, and HOLY FUCK your right side would hurt.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    karen o is pretty scary looking, like maybe she has some shark DNA or something.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011

severe pain in your lower abdomen. i've never had it though because i'm a superior physical specimen.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Richy wrote: »

Feels like really bad gas or a kidney stone, and HOLY FUCK your right side would hurt.

This. You'd have a hard time moving around. My friend's appendix ruptured in class and he was too scared to say anything to the teacher about the pain he was in. He went into sepsis and had to be hospitalized for 4 months.

So, uh, get on that.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Dynagrip was conceived in a crystal vat inside a mountain complex in Bavaria circa 1944.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    superman dat hoooooooo!

i saw soljah boy live

it was awesome

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Agh do I buy dresses or Bauhaus house parts with my sims dollars

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

pretty much like that

ridiculous pain in your right side, nausea, general feeling of shittiness

you probably ought to see a doctor

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm at work though, so it would be a thing to go to the doctor

I am finding that there is fairly sharp pain when I move, especially when standing

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I haven't had appendicitis... yet, but a friend of mine had one not long ago. It's not exactly fun, it seems.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    booooooooo

cute former coworker piked on work pub crawl so i am drunk for no good reason

my poor liver

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I am finding that there is fairly sharp pain when I move, especially when standing

Where? Lower abdomen?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i have a cousin whose appendix ruptured and then healed up and then ruptured again. the doctor was very surprised to see scar tissue there, apparently that's really uncommon.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The Cat wrote: »
    booooooooo

my poor liver

send him a text message or better yet call him.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    booooooooo

my poor liver

This is why you need social contracts. Contracts that specified individuals will be present at social events. Legal contracts.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

If you can, try lying down for an hour or so. It's possible it is just gas, and lying down - flat - tends to help it disperse and stop hurting.

My gut gives me all sorts of trouble, so I'm pretty familiar with "things which hurt like your appendix but aren't it".

That said, if it doesn't abate, go to the emergency room pronto.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i have an appendolith, which is a hard mass in your appendix

it pretty much guarantees that you will have appendicitis at some point in your life, and every now and then it will flame up and fucking hurt like hell, but not be appendicitis

basically i have been to the hospital thinking i had appendicitis like 10 times

they can't take my appendix out though because i don't acutally have appendicitis yet!!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alright, I am very about this shit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faEvc9hEHYk

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

You are having symptoms concurrent with a medical emergency that needs immediate treatment. Go. Don't possibly die for a job that you're going to quit anyway.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    booooooooo

my poor liver

send him a text message or better yet call him.

be sure to tell him about how you think about him in the shower

or when you're at your desk at work

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I ordered a silicone keyboard from Amazon a few days ago. It came in a 2'x2'x2' box.

I ordered front and rear brake pads and a 40 pound floor jack from Advance auto a few days ago too.

It came in a box barely bigger than the floor jack. The brake pad boxes were smashed and the pads loose in the larger box. The larger box also had a hole ripped in the side of it.

Sigh...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

it pretty much guarantees that you will have appendicitis at some point in your life, and every now and then it will flame up and fucking hurt like hell, but not be appendicitis

they can't take my appendix out though because i don't acutally have appendicitis yet!!

I have a giant monolith

in my pants.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    hahaha

you people are freaks, get help

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Write your insurance company and get a waiver to cover the surgery at a savings to them for not having to pay for ER + diagnostic costs. Get a recommendation from a doctor too.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    with my luck i will have appendicitis when i'm backpacking in the middle of nowhere

fortunately my best friend (we always go backpacking together) is a vet so he can just open me up with a pocket knife and take that thing right out

right??

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I imagine tiny monkeys in your stomach, using the tiny bones from chicken wings to murder each other...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Honk wrote: »

I have a giant monolith

in my pants.

Does it tap for three mana?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

An appendolith sounds like something that would jump start civilization inside your intestines.

Winky on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    baldur's gate is pretty baller.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    booooooooo

my poor liver

This is why you need social contracts. Contracts that specified individuals will be present at social events. Legal contracts.

Contracts enforceable by death.

Also lol timezones

The cat is drunk in the evening, I am standing inthe morning sun waiting for an iced coffee in a cafe.

desc on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    bowen wrote: »

Write your insurance company and get a waiver to cover the surgery at a savings to them for not having to pay for ER + diagnostic costs. Get a recommendation from a doctor too.

yeah, I should probably do that. I can't imagine that a routine surgery like an appendectomy is that expensive anyway, especially since it is outpatient these days (i think)

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I am glad that all of us had the exact same idea when we read the word appendolith.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hey The Cat, what is your drink of choice?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    booooooooo

my poor liver

Sorry, but... that word. It means he didn't show up, right? What's meant by it? The fish?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    with my luck i will have appendicitis when i'm backpacking in the middle of nowhere

fortunately my best friend (we always go backpacking together) is a vet so he can just open me up with a pocket knife and take that thing right out

right??
    It depends. If it ruptures first you're screwed!

My dad had appendicitis for a year apparently. His body basically encapsulated the appendix when it became infected, like when you get a splinter or something. He gradually had more and more pain in his stomach area, he'd say "oh it's just gas" or "oh I just pulled something." One day he tried to get up for work and was literally in too much pain to walk. He decided to "take the day off." My mom forced him to go to the doctor.

Phrases like "I've never seen something like this" and "You should have died months ago" and "I need your consent to write about this in a medical journal" were bandied about after his emergency surgery.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    drunk is its own purpose

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

yeah, I should probably do that. I can't imagine that a routine surgery like an appendectomy is that expensive anyway, especially since it is outpatient these days (i think)

They do it by larproscopy these days (no idea if I spelled that right).

That said, hospitals can be pretty bad at handling appendix patients still - my brothers girlfriend was checked in with appendicitis, then sent home and told to come in the next day for the surgery. Like, GG guys, send someone with a condition which could become life-threatening very quickly home again.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Your lower right side hurts so damn much you have a hard time standing upright . Also - lots of vomiting, until you spew bile.

At least that's what it was like for me.

HerrCron on
    Now Playing:
    Dragon Ball FighterZ [PC] - Sure is a lot of not killing Goku going on right now.
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Something like $15,000 out of pocket. Most of that is to cover the bed in the hospital, only about $4000 in doctor's fees.

bowen on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Herrcron, I got that video from my brother.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.