As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RIFT] 1.3 Coming soon - Server Transfers, Guild Banks, and World Events! Oh My!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't, one of the things I missed about wow was how a server could have a community. When transfers opened you basically couldn't know people on your server anymore. Then lfg killed it even more to the point of your only constant being your guild.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Good lord is Prince Hylas a dick. 4k Raid-wide AOE attack with a dot that ticks for 800 afterwards is a bitch to heal through.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I don't, one of the things I missed about wow was how a server could have a community. When transfers opened you basically couldn't know people on your server anymore. Then lfg killed it even more to the point of your only constant being your guild.

At the risk of opening this can of worms again, I couldn't care less about other people on my server. All I care about are my guidies and kicking ass (whether that be player or environment). The LFG tool can't come soon enough.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Morvidus wrote: »
    Here, Mercy. My current DPS build, capable of sustaining 1k in a raid with full buffs.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cuLk.Vex00A0cR.EMczzcbMzz.x0c

Why Death Touch? Isn't it like overall 30 DPS if you get lucky with crits? With that one point you could get Bend Like the Reed, which is insanely useful for emergency 10 second avoidance tanking.

Zyrxil on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »

At the risk of opening this can of worms again, I couldn't care less about other people on my server. All I care about are my guidies and kicking ass (whether that be player or environment). The LFG tool can't come soon enough.

Unfortuantely we're going to have to suffer through weeks and/or months of the LFG tool being same server only until Trion devs get their heads out of their asses and realize it won't solve anything for the low pop servers. Cross-server LFD tool along with cross-server chat, cross-server friends lists, and a rating system to block people you had a bad experience with from your groups is all you need to make it good. Though I would like to see the Call to Arms thing that Blizzard is doing as well.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I haven't played wow since vanilla, does their lfg tool only work within your battlegroup? I wouldn't mind if I got put together with folks I see in warfronts, but I wouldn't want it to be every server. Not that I care that much either way, since I think I've run 3 different dungeons a total of maybe 5 times. I'm self-concious of my skills, so I prefer to run with guildies and I can't always commit to 90 minutes. When the stars align I've had fun though.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    AtomBomb wrote: »
    I haven't played wow since vanilla, does their lfg tool only work within your battlegroup? I wouldn't mind if I got put together with folks I see in warfronts, but I wouldn't want it to be every server. Not that I care that much either way, since I think I've run 3 different dungeons a total of maybe 5 times. I'm self-concious of my skills, so I prefer to run with guildies and I can't always commit to 90 minutes. When the stars align I've had fun though.

Yeah in WoW the Looking For Dungeon tool works the same as PvP Battlegrounds in that you can only get groups within your 'Battlegroup' of servers. At least, that's how it was as of a few months ago when I last quit playing.

I assume the biggest reason for keeping the LFD / Warfronts within Battlegroups is that the servers are all in the same location or at least close together, to maintain connection speeds. If you are normally on a west coast server, it'd potentially suck to get group with an east coast server, because the possibility of there being issues between them is much greater.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I pop in here to give you my love.

Look upon ye mighty interview (with the Hartsman) works and despair!

Or not. Not works too.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Now that we have a good chunk of 50's in KoA when are we going to start raidin? I haz ants in mah pants.

ICUb on

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ICUb wrote: »
    Now that we have a good chunk of 50's in KoA when are we going to start raidin? I haz ants in mah pants.

We've got a lot more T1s and T2s to do before we can even consider raiding.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It would be cool to get put in a dungeon with some of you KoA guys. I've seen some of you in warfronts. We can then part ways and you can go back to the land of carealot :P

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Been tanking t1's done all the t1s and im geared for t2, rogue tanking is quite fun

Just gotta say though, Realm of the Fae Expert can go to hell

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So some people take dying to a boss way to serious and have to call everyone trash and worthless and failures and such, didnt really expect to see that coming from a Penny Arcade poster but wow

Wait. That wasn't me, was it? I was sober last night, so I swear I'd remember something like this.

No this wasn't you, it was a member of TSM

I believe it's a friend of someone in the guild and they lost their shit at me, Umesys, and 2 puggers.

Pretty much I apologized to the puggers and such but it was pretty bad, I already talked to the person and his friend so it's handled now I suppose.

M.D. on
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Defecation, are you on the PvE or PvP server with Senoramor?

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    pvp server

what up?

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I am playing this game and you and Senor and SOTAR are the only posters I recognize and I would really like to play with you!!!

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    simsim Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SkyCaptain wrote: »

As a rogue main, this is depressing. o_O

sim on
  • Options
    CabbsCabbs Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Adda wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Cabbs wrote: »
    We now have nearly 8 max level characters in the EU guild! Clearly we are good at this game. Should we try and organise some guild instances, or will we not manage to get 5 out of the 7/8 of us online at once.

Are there any other healers than me? (Also, I need to look at a good spec, right now my healy spec is mostly Warden, so I suck at bursty damage.)

I enjoy my warrior a lot more than I did my cleric, so I think that'll be my main at 50, but that's a bit off still.

Lou can go bard but that doesn't count. My chloro is only 41 but my tank warrior is 50 and has 69 toughness now.

I do have a healing spec for my cleric, but little experience actually healing anything. Purifier and Warden spec, for both absurd single heals, group stuff, and emergency cheap warden healing spell that costs so little I can cast it forever even when out of mana. I sort of know my way around it.

Cabbs on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ah ya i'm on the pvp, not sure which server SOTAR is on though.

If you need any help starting out I'll see what I can do as well.

Been focusing on gearing for raids, apparently you only need 150 of anything for raids 200 is reccomended it seems but not necessary. Which means more TSM memebr can raid I think.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    sim wrote: »
    SkyCaptain wrote: »

As a rogue main, this is depressing. o_O

As a rogue main as well I think tanking until they fix dps and support is probably the best thing to do as a rogue :P

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Def, what is your name? I just rolled a warrior, HellaJane

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My character is named Eniia

im at work right now though so I wont be on for another 7 hours.

M.D. on
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ICUb wrote: »

We've got a lot more T1s and T2s to do before we can even consider raiding.

ooh, take me T1-ing. I've got a ranged and melee dps role (cleric), all waiting to get bashed on.

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tryin' out Morvidus' spec as best I could manage at 42 I'm seeing 250-500ish dps. Not shabby, I hadn't tried out focusing more on paragon's kit than riftblade yet.

Definitely keeping that around as one of my specs.

It has a different charm than the PARRYblade I've been enjoying.

Certainly it is less noisy. (clankaclankaclankaclankaclankaclankaclankaclank)

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    150 focus/hit seems pretty easy to get w/ crafted goodies, don't see why we can't throw ourselves at a raid encounter for fun and GLORY.

You want to live forever or something? :D

ICUb on

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Don't you need 220 for raids? I think I can probably get to around 160 or so right now, maybe more with talents.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    According to /50 chat minimum is 150, optimal is 200.

ICUb on

• Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    Morvidus wrote: »
    Here, Mercy. My current DPS build, capable of sustaining 1k in a raid with full buffs.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cuLk.Vex00A0cR.EMczzcbMzz.x0c

Why Death Touch? Isn't it like overall 30 DPS if you get lucky with crits? With that one point you could get Bend Like the Reed, which is insanely useful for emergency 10 second avoidance tanking.

It works on bosses.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Don't you need 220 for raids? I think I can probably get to around 160 or so right now, maybe more with talents.

I ran a t1 today with 2 memebrs of another guild, fully geared for t2 with some raid items

THey said they run Greenscale with their guild at 150+ hit/focus/tough

they said the 200 is just recommended and not needed, the hardest thing they fought in there they said was trash mobs.

So i'm thinking TSM has quite a bit of 50s now probably even enough to attempt it as well.

M.D. on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll be experiencing Rift with the "Free Weekend". What do you recommend I do with my brief time in order to get the "experience" that will win me over?
    Edit: Also getting 1.3mb/s on the game download. yummy..

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Rikidou HyuugaRikidou Hyuuga Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ran Charmer's Caldera on reg tonight, just hit 48 so I figured hey, why not?

The last run through it took 15 minutes.

Rikidou Hyuuga on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So what's the consensus on this game? I played the beta for a day or two and was minorly impressed with how well it was running for an mmo in beta. Is this worth checking out?

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So what's the consensus on this game? I played the beta for a day or two and was minorly impressed with how well it was running for an mmo in beta. Is this worth checking out?

"Like WoW but prettier, less polished and carrying choice pieces of the competition."

Local and zone wide public quests that are actively sought out by the player base, pvp that isn't one sided by design, an obscene number of choices in building your class that can be flipped around on the fly, mechanical horses, a passable storyline, mechanical horses . . . Mechanical hors- Er.

I think it's pretty cool.

Click this and fiddle with it. A friend of mine sold me on the game with this link alone: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Basil wrote: »

"Like WoW but prettier, less polished and carrying choice pieces of the competition."

Local and zone wide public quests that are actively sought out by the player base, pvp that isn't one sided by design, an obscene number of choices in building your class that can be flipped around on the fly, mechanical horses, a passable storyline, mechanical horses . . . Mechanical hors- Er.

Click this and fiddle with it. A friend of mine sold me on the game with this link alone: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

Yeah, I went to the link and the game was bought 2 minutes later.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

What talents are giving you Focus/Hit/Toughness?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Rikidou HyuugaRikidou Hyuuga Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If he's a warrior, he's got a few choices for hit talents - Cruel Efficiency is the one that I think he's probably looking at.

Rikidou Hyuuga on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Yeah, I went to the link and the game was bought 2 minutes later.

Hahahaha!

Glad I'm not alone in that reaction.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    If he's a warrior, he's got a few choices for hit talents - Cruel Efficiency is the one that I think he's probably looking at.

Yep, 5% hit from the Champion talent.

Paladins get 9% hit from a talent, also.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yes! Completed Runic Descent 2 minutes before a server restart.

Hotblood and potions saw us through the aoe chain pulls I made to get us there.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yes! Completed Runic Descent 2 minutes before a server restart.

Hotblood and potions saw us through the aoe chain pulls I made to get us there.

Was halfway through the last boss of an expert KB when my net went down. When I went to restart, 5 minutes later, there was a suprise patch! Okay, fair enough.

The game finally loads and tells me I'm playing the wrong version of the client. That's weird.

Turns out, Trion pushed the EU patch to the NA servers at the same time by mistake, so the patcher was patching you Hotfix #17, but the servers weren't running that version of the game. That's why they brought the servers down.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
This discussion has been closed.