Options

This thread is tighter than the pants on Will-I-Am

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    man surf is good

surf is good and the more i listen to it the more i love it

i don't think you could engineer a rapper that appeals to my sensibilities and tastes more than chance the rapper

also busta rhymes is there and that's a good time

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I love that it was a Donnie trumpet and the social experiment album and that a solo chance album is coming later

Give all the rappers LSD and let them make amazing music

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    i tried listening to surf today but the first couple tracks just didn't grab me like i wanted them to so instead i just listened to that new meek mill track a dozen times

ill probably make a more dedicated effort tomorrow

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015

Also the new albums from Miguel and Vince Staples are both on NPR First Listen and they are both really really good

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naqo-OlNK5M

56 Nights for tape of the year. damn son.

Also, this thread turned four years old in april and we're almost due for a new one. I nominate TRAPAHOLICS: REAL. TRAP. SHIT. for the thread title, or alternately WHAT'S THE YAMS??

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    NO WAIT

Mustard On The Thread, Hoe

Bad Threads Is The Only Thing That I Like

To Post A Butterfly

This vince staples album is cool as hell so far, these beats are grimy. kinda reminds me of clipse-era Neptunes so far

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZevnmbiehI

To paraphase Phantom Raviolis, AKA Zeus Claps, AKA the greatest hip hop blogger of our time, this makes me want to order a pizza delivery just so I can punch the delivery guy in the face when he shows up.

• Options
    So I'm working on a new OP for a new RAPPN thread and I don't think it would be fair to just include links of songs I like. So, uh, PM me some songs, good rap sites or twitters or whatever, stuff like that. Thanks yall

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    If I like Vince staples a lot on features but didn't like his last ep that much

Should I check out this new album when I get off work or later at the much more dubious "when I feel like it" aka probably never

• Options
    His new album is really good but is similar in nature to his EP so if you didn't have much love for that I doubt this one wins you over

It slaps tho

• Options
    The beats are fucking vile and at bare minimum you should give it a spin and tune out the raps if you aren't into Vince that much.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    The Free Weezy album is.. good?

• Options
    Drakes new video is hilarious.

Future has dirty sprite 2 coming out next week which should be tight. Anybody give that new meek mill a spin? I'm not really into him that much honestly

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I've read one review of it and the general message was that it's atrocious.

• Options
    Thugger got locked up for making terrorist threats to a mall cop.

I would say Free Young Thug but nah. Free Gucci.

• Options
    Free Thugger. Gucci's freedom has no bearing on his ability to release music.

• Options
    Now thug and birdman are being named in the indictment of that guy who shot at Wayne's tour bus.

Fuck these guys.

• Options
    DS2 leaked, out at midnight for $$$. GOAT rap year?

• Options
    I Serve The Base is the dirtiest beat I've heard in a minute

• Options
    RIP Action Bronson

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i don't see this drama lasting the week

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin' To Fuck With

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Jesus Meek Mill you emotional clownshoe.

It's doubly hilarious since the rumor has been that Gunplay has been ghostwriting for Ross forever.

I'm not a huge Drake fan but this just seems like suicide.

Angry on
  • Options
    Drake threw down a diss track that would have been incredible if not for the super fucking creepy way that it treated Nicki

• Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    Oh lord Meek you fucked up not releasing a song when you had a chance.

Doesn't matter if he releases an ether 2.0 now, that L is official.

• Options
    so it turns out i'd had YG confused with someone else for years now, in addition to having ty dolla sign confused with tyga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCrz26IYJGc

and then spotify radio popped out sorry momma and i realized my error

that's a good song

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    My Krazy Life is a good ode to old school west coast but YG might be one of the least versatile rappers out there.

• Options
    i feel like somebody needs to mention that meek is dead in the water

how do you come back from this after dropping that weak shit

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    He's got fucking burger joints clowning him.

There were a few funny lines and apparently drake really did get peed on but jesus what a train wreck.

• Options
    All of this because Drake didn't rep his album on Twitter, just like Wale didn't.

• Options
    whataburger ain't the only one

880fa7fda83b6b85dea74fbef0520545.png

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I hope this beef kills whatever type of lazy rap trend Meek Mill is a part of

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    You guys should check out the new Lil Dicky song.
    I'm not going to link it, because its pretty NSFW, but it's on YouTube.

• Options
    nah i'm alright but thanks

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Lil Dicky's "I'm a genius for making rap that people who don't like rap will like, and I'll constantly talk about how innovative this bold new approach is" shtick is irritating in, like, five different ways

In other news, Kendrick put out a video for "For Free?" which was an unexpected choice for the video treatment, and it's fucking hilarious. TPaB is such a heavy record that it's kinda easy to forget how funny he can be when he has the inclination.