As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Western Animation thread

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Man, the reasons why HamHam is upset are the reasons why I'm liking YJ:I?

So about this week's episode
    Uh, I think Batman has a clue about Miss Martian mind wiping people, and he doesn't give a shit. Does it seem that way? If so, holy shit.
    Its kinda cheap doing things this way.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular

Uh, I think Batman has a clue about Miss Martian mind wiping people, and he doesn't give a shit. Does it seem that way? If so, holy shit.
    yeah I understand his/your point. I still enjoy it.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options

yeah I understand his/your point. I still enjoy it.

Yeah, I get that.

Reminds me of the game Assassins Creed. If you haven't played it it's a very fun came. It is also a freaking mess. When you look at all the stupid little things the game seems to do to make you hate playing it, well it shouldn't be as fun as it is.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    New Avengers EMH
    Oh my god Guardians of the Galaxy. So great.

Although that is not the voice I would've chosen for Rocket Raccoon.

Still great.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    New Avengers EMH
    Oh my god Guardians of the Galaxy. So great.

Although that is not the voice I would've chosen for Rocket Raccoon.

Still great.
    I love the Guardians of the Galaxy so much. So very much. And I'm so happy to see them animated, even though they got their asses kicked by the Avengers. I wish we got to see Drax, Gamora, and Mantis, but I suppose the current Avengers line-up isn't tough enough to handle them all.

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular

Everyone has a clue. There was not one person not giving her a look.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    She's not exactly hiding it.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Bagginses wrote: »

Everyone has a clue. There was not one person not giving her a look.
    Superboy was.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I feel like the current story arc in Avengers: EMH would have been a lot more engaging if they hadn't just come out and shown who the Skrulls are on the team. The confrontation scene in today's episode just felt really awkward since the audience knows exactly who the Skrull is, and it's annoying to watch everyone acting like idiots.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I really like the way YJ has been going.
    I don't need everything between the end of season 1 and now explained right away. Right now, the show is exploring the new status quo while leaving tantalizing bits and pieces that hint of what happened during the interim. For me, that's fun.

That said, I can't help but get the feeling that it will all be undone by an end-of-season reset. The core of the initial YJ team is fractured, and I just don't see the writers having the balls to keep it that way. I'll happily congratulate them if they do, but changes this big generally are erased after a time.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    I feel like the current story arc in Avengers: EMH would have been a lot more engaging if they hadn't just come out and shown who the Skrulls are on the team. The confrontation scene in today's episode just felt really awkward since the audience knows exactly who the Skrull is, and it's annoying to watch everyone acting like idiots.

The joys of dramatic irony. I think with the reveal of
    Mockingbird as the Skrull queen
    they are trying to make us second guess if anyone else has been replaced by a Skrull. But since the reveal happened at the end the confrontation scene did fall flat. You would think Nick Fury would catch on to Captain going to the same warehouse so often. Oh well, they can't all be like Dr. Doom.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Adventure Time... you can use the word "hug" all you want, but when you have lines like "you hairy teenager get away from my daughter," and "no hugs without consent," we all know what you're really getting at.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    crap I forgot about new Adventure Time/ Regular Show, any where to watch them online?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    crap I forgot about new Adventure Time/ Regular Show, any where to watch them online?

Not since the friggin cable companies decided to take a big dump on online entertainment.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Adventure Time and Regular show should both rerun on Thursday.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Not since the friggin cable companies decided to take a big dump on online entertainment.

They usually replay the new episodes in a day or two. Check the schedule. They play the new ep. of Adventure Time at least twice in the same week. Not sure about Regular Show, but I'm sure they replay it too.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

they are trying to make us second guess if anyone else has been replaced by a Skrull. But since the reveal happened at the end the confrontation scene did fall flat. You would think Nick Fury would catch on to Captain going to the same warehouse so often. Oh well, they can't all be like Dr. Doom.

I like that the biggest tell is:
    Captain America would not use Stark's shield gadget.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I'm just curious as to why they didn't rebuild Cap's shield, I mean, I understand that the vibranium is exceedingly rare and nearly impossible to come by in ordinary circumstances.
    On the other hand, you've got the king of Wakanda sleeping three doors down on the left, maybe he could hook a captain up? I mean, watch the way he goes through his vibranium throwing knives, he's got to have a good supply on hand as it is...

• Options

You're underestimating Fury. It's possible he knows Mockingbird is a Skrull, and is keeping her close to keep an eye on her and give her the information he only wants her to hear. His endgame might be to trick her into overplaying her hand. This is the guy who trusts nobody. That's why he was happy when Tony suspected he was a Skrull.

• Options

I'm interested. Explain why he wouldn't.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

It's just out of character for him. The techno-shield is something that Tony Stark would use, not Steve Rogers.

He likes his old bike, his leather jacket and his old uniform. He's said on several occasions that he doesn't like relying on technology to win a fight, even if he did loosen up and admit that Iron Man has his uses. He's also a traditionalist who knows that the shield is a symbol, so I can't see him eagerly upgrading from a weapon that saw him through WWII for a cool gadget.

My bet is that the first thing the real Captain does when he gets back is remake his old shield.

Phillishere on
  • Options

It's just out of character for him. The techno-shield is something that Tony Stark would use, not Steve Rogers.

He likes his old bike, his leather jacket and his old uniform. He's said on several occasions that he doesn't like relying on technology to win a fight, even if he did loosen up and admit that Iron Man has his uses. He's also a traditionalist who knows that the shield is a symbol, so I can't see him eagerly upgrading from a weapon that saw him through WWII for a cool gadget.

My bet is that the first thing the real Captain does when he gets back is remake his old shield.

Exactly.

• Options

good theories. thanks.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options

So
    Captain America's a crotchety old man who hates technology.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

That's silly. The techno shield is not out of character at all. In the comics, Steve used a techno-shield for months while Bucky was off being Captain America.

We're talking about a guy who consented to being pumped full of experimental juices. If anything his character is very pragmatic and does what it takes to get the job done. If a better shield ever came along, perhaps one made of wonderflonium, he'd probably ditch the vibraniun shield for it.
    If anything, the return of Caps vibraniun shield to the real Captain America will be a symbolic one, but it is not out of character for him to make use of what tools he has on hand

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Matrias wrote: »

That's silly. The techno shield is not out of character at all. In the comics, Steve used a techno-shield for months while Bucky was off being Captain America.

We're talking about a guy who consented to being pumped full of experimental juices. If anything his character is very pragmatic and does what it takes to get the job done. If a better shield ever came along, perhaps one made of wonderflonium, he'd probably ditch the vibraniun shield for it.
    If anything, the return of Caps vibraniun shield to the real Captain America will be a symbolic one, but it is not out of character for him to make use of what tools he has on hand

This Captain America is much simpler. He probably wouldn't take that shield.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    Adventure Time... you can use the word "hug" all you want, but when you have lines like "you hairy teenager get away from my daughter," and "no hugs without consent," we all know what you're really getting at.

hahahaah, just now getting that Finn turned into a Rape Wolf.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Just saw Zatanna's
    dad put on Fate's helmet. Nice.

• Options
    Okay, Kid Flash
    Bitching about delivering a heart transplant? God damn but I was spoiled with JLA's Flash.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Okay, Kid Flash
    Bitching about delivering a heart transplant? God damn but I was spoiled with JLA's Flash.

Oh, that episode. I think you'll end up liking it in the end...

• Options
    He's learning!

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    at some point you do have to ask...really, super powered people are here as delivery boys? i mean yes, he saves "a" life, and there's a little twist, but i think it's pretty silly to think that's "the best" use of his time. how many people die in car accidents a day, he could just be out patrolling freeways and preventing those!

• Options
    NovidNovid Registered User regular
    Hey guys wha---

old school special report music blares

ITS BAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKK!

Holy shit son.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Novid wrote: »
    Hey guys wha---

Holy shit son.

Back for good or just for that night or what? Regardless, all of my want.

• Options
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Hey guys wha---

Holy shit son.

That's awesome. But it'll probably have 0% western animation.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys wha---

Holy shit son.

for good...

expect some suprises. big ones.

Novid on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Hey guys wha---

Holy shit son.

for good...

I am excited, yes sir.

Too bad we're not allowed to talk about it. At all.

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Well, if they ran Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack and Megas XLR, we could talk about those shows specifically. Hey, it could happen.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    Hey guys wha---

Holy shit son.

for good...

I am excited, yes sir.

Partly why they bought Toonami back in the first place.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Hey guys wha---

Holy shit son.

for good...

I am excited, yes sir.

I'm very confused about this interchange.

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.