Options

[WOW] [CHAT] thread. 4.2 on the PTR, time to chuck woodland animals.

• Options
    thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think of the CTA bag as my lottery ticket. Sure, the odds are low, but I've still made several thousand gold off of pets I already had, and I got the Rivendare mount. I do far more on my alt than I do on my heroic raid geared main, but without the bag, I would be doing none at all on my main, so it works out more or less as Blizz intended.

I do wish you could still get the bag if you queue as two people, rather than alone. You aren't getting guild rep or XP as a pair, and it would go a long way towards handicapping your odds if you knew for sure that one of your dps would interrupt, focus fire, kill totems, etc.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tylanthus wrote: »
    You can buy yourself a lot more time by planning your movement so that the first clouds despawn as you need more room. Starting with the first two at the top of al'akir then dropping all the way to the bottom can be a nice strategy.

That is exactly what we do.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    http://ow.ly/i/box0

That doesn't look like a fiery doomguard model at all, bliz.

belligerent on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    http://ow.ly/i/box0

That doesn't look like a fiery doomguard model at all, bliz.

Is it not supposed to? I don't understand why every art asset has to be 100% new from the wireframe up. that just seems unnecessary.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't care about any art assets except the bosses. I'd like them to be new and unique.

belligerent on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Crit, not haste on the new legendary.

So Fire Mage staff for the Firelands.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TylanthusTylanthus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The proc will likely dictate the ideal class/spec way more than which secondary stat is on it...

Tylanthus on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ye gods it's going to be a fuckton of intellect on that staff

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just saw a troll on a goblin mount. I cannot take this person seriously ever, now. It's like a teenager riding a big wheels.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    you'd ride bigwheels if you could.

belligerent on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Another actual-RP scene found on MG: Hearthglen. I mean, it's no surprise, but it's nice to see it populated. Too bad I'm seeing it cross-faction. People making strange gestures isn't really good for interaction.

Henroid on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Spellsteal now has a 6-second cooldown.

Motherfuckers.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »

Motherfuckers.
    Conversely: Whoooo!

Monsty on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    I just saw a troll on a goblin mount. I cannot take this person seriously ever, now. It's like a teenager riding a big wheels.

You haven't seen a Tauren riding one yet then. It looks like Mario Kart.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Monsty wrote: »

Motherfuckers.
    Yeah, fuck having any fun on Omnitron. Or being able to keep the earthquake buff off those zandalari guys etc etc etc.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Monsty wrote: »

Motherfuckers.

As a paladin, this covers my response.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    They really need to get over their bullshit and have pvp and pve spells act differently instead of fucking me over because of a part fo the game I have no interest in. Same goes for the Ring of Frost nerf.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    ParagonParagon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    They really need to get over their bullshit and have pvp and pve spells act differently instead of fucking me over because of a part fo the game I have no interest in. Same goes for the Ring of Frost nerf.

Fucking yes. I am sick and tired of this shit. There's not enough profanity in the English language for how I feel about getting nerfed because of what 2200 rating frost mages do. I couldn't possibly care less about that stuff.
    It's so transparent, too. Every time I see a nerf that comes from PvP, I get furious and have to calm down; it just bugs me so much. By far the most annoying thing so far is the Druid mobility nerf that permanently retired my Druid (I have all classes, but I will never again play a Druid until they have their mobility back).

Make arena a separate game already so that people who like that can have their balanced e-sport. Stop ruining things for the rest of us, Blizzard.

Edit:
    Mana Tide now grants 200% of the caster's Spirit, down from 400%.

I...oh my god. I hope they continue to lose 600k subscribers every time they do something like this. Maybe eventually they'll stop fucking up everything. Great, another class put on hold.

[/nerdrage]

Paragon on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Moonkin are just shaking their heads at mage complaints over Ring of Frost. Meanwhile, they're getting their core mechanic turned into a boring, non-decisive rotation, on the heels of the Starsurge nerf, again because of the PvP performance for a spec already underrepresented in PvP.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Paragon wrote: »
    Edit:

I...oh my god. I hope they continue to lose 600k subscribers every time they do something like this. Maybe eventually they'll stop fucking up everything. Great, another class put on hold.

[/nerdrage]

Your reaction is pretty much on par with the WoW forum itself. Amazing.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Edit:

[/nerdrage]

Your reaction is pretty much on par with the WoW forum itself. Amazing.

Good. I hope they bring out the pitchforks. Heck, I hope a lot of them actually do unsubscribe. Pipe dream, of course.

Edit: I mean, when even the Druid nerf didn't get enough people to quit for them to revert things, I don't have much hope for anything any more. At this point, I would expect lots of whining on the forums yet very few people quitting even if they removed pets and traps from hunters just for laughs; that's how jaded the whole Druid fiasco left me.

Paragon on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Had a fury warrior in my pug wearing two tank pieces complaining that he couldn't get his dps up, even though he kept tweaking his rotation. Said blizz nerfed his class so bad.

I check recount after a bit, 7 bloodthirsts the entire instance. Zero on Halazzi, right before we kicked him. Oi.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow. The shaman Mana Tide nerf finally happened. My regen is bad enough and now they cut it in half.

I still think its just a ploy though, so that it will revert to 400% spirit for the shaman and go to 100% for everyone else.

Still the boomkin meddling, the constant shaman regen crap (seriously how many fucking times do you have to mess with WS?) just ugh. At least crit heals are alot better now and stacking crit on my shammy to proc our New WS Talent is viable and gives throughput. Stil, wtf.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't get it. How bad is that change? It doesn't seem bad. Maybe you're playing the game wrong and expending too much mana? It's always the developer's fault, it's never the player's fault.

There's being upset with a nerf, and then there's this. Go take a chill pill.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Argh. I had been farming Heroic Deadmines on my mage for a week, trying to get him the ring off Ripsnarl and the wand off Cookie. Eventually what ended up happening was I got the ring purchased with VP, and the wand from ZG.

Tonight I random my mage and end up in Heroic Deadmines, guess which two pieces of loot drop?

Nobody on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    4.2 does seem to be the patch of PvP nerfs.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the 2011 Arena Pass coming up in June?

Javen on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't get it. How bad is that change? It doesn't seem bad. Maybe you're playing the game wrong and expending too much mana? It's always the developer's fault, it's never the player's fault.

Its forcing you stack crit now for regen, where as before you could go with more mastery and haste for throughput and still have a big regen without worrying about crit too much. It just really over emphasizes crit.

I don't have heroic raid gear so I am not sure what the regen level is at 372, but at 359 its still really tight. Healing on my druid is way more efficent and I have better tools to mitigate when I need to spend lots of mana for healing. Its really night and day, very rarely run out of mana healing on my druid, but resto shaman I do.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you even have a Shaman? You're going to start calling people bad players when you're completely ignorant about what's going on?

The problem here is that Blizzard can't do ANYTHING EVER in baby steps. Oh, that thing seems powerful, let's cut it in half and see what happens! It is lazy to the point of ridiculousness; hire in people who play the classes you nerf for god's sake, Blizzard.

If Shaman at least retained the 400% spirit themselves while nerfing the effects on others I'd STILL be unhappy because of the shitty ass regen Shamans have compared to, say, my freaking Priest. The fact that they are nerfing it shows such astronomical levels of ignorance about their own game that it absolutely warrants people being tremendously upset.

Paragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    4.2 does seem to be the patch of PvP nerfs.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the 2011 Arena Pass coming up in June?

Wierdly they went with buff elemental shaman route for pvp, but I guess they weren't viable in arenas?

Druid Mastery change is interesting, hurts raid healing a bunch I guess, but gives better single target healing?

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It seems the mana issue wouldn't be so bad if they actually stuck to their original cataclysm deal of "heal smarter, not harder" mantra. Tanks can still go from full to nothing in no time flat, healers still had better use every single GCD possible or else people start dying, the whole dynamic seems pretty identical to Wrath, except much less effective now that mana regen is a very real issue.

Javen on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Well, Blizzards method of tweaking stuff tends to be either "Make it the next big thing" or "cripple it uselessly". Moreso if it's related to PvP (in which case if it's good, expect it to be nerfed into the ground. If it's bad, expect to never get away from it again.)

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I mean look at their "fix" for Ignite.
    One of the biggest issues *Flame Orb* is still an issue, and our dots are now essentially 40% weaker than they used to be, especially on AoE.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you even have a Shaman? You're going to start calling people bad players when you're completely ignorant about what's going on?

The problem here is that Blizzard can't do ANYTHING EVER in baby steps. Oh, that thing seems powerful, let's cut it in half and see what happens! It is lazy to the point of ridiculousness; hire in people who play the classes you nerf for god's sake, Blizzard.

If Shaman at least retained the 400% spirit themselves while nerfing the effects on others I'd STILL be unhappy because of the shitty ass regen Shamans have compared to, say, my freaking Priest. The fact that they are nerfing it shows such astronomical levels of ignorance about their own game that it absolutely warrants people being tremendously upset.

Yeah I think its really hard for people to understand how tough shaman regen is (not in heroic raid gear) compared to other classes. My druid is insanely efficent as well as getting frequent big heals for free (malfurions gift) and my druid has worse gear.

Plus a druid has innervate, int bonus and mana pool bonuses (for more replenishment and bigger invervates) as well as being able to mitigate mana cost by going tree and popping multiple lifeblooms on people to proc malfurions gift for free regrows. As well as 9% in reduced healing costs vs the shamans 6%.

Shaman just can't compete in the free spell department and mana efficeny department without stacking crit and even then it has possible the worst ROI of all secondary stats as it requires the most to get an extra 1%. I don't know how it is for pallys and priests as I don't play one.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So uh, instead of emphasizing two stats you emphasize one? Sounds easier to me!

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I play enhancement shaman, my mana regen seems fine!

Henroid on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ... Yeah let's look at the Mana Tide nerf and COMPLETELY IGNORE the 50% buff to "Improved Water Shield"... which isn't even based on Water Shield anymore.

This sounds like they're trying to HELP Shamans, not nerf them, by not forcing us to RELY on Mana Tide. Sounds like they expect Resto to value crit even more - like it's going to be the prime stat, thanks to Acestral Awakening+Healing, Resurgence, and other proc-off-crit effects.

Please stop FREAKING OUT without looking at the entirety of the notes. And also please stop freaking out because this shit is still weeks from being released.

Jesus Christ.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I play enhancement shaman, my mana regen seems fine!

...That's...not at all the same thing.
    "I think Arcane DPS is a bit low."
    "I play Fire and my DPS is fine, clearly this is not an issue!"

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Re: Javen

Indeed. I am more frustrated with healing now than I ever was, honestly. Unlike some people, I liked Wrath healing, except it would be nice if the dungeons were harder in terms of mechanics.

So in Cata they introduce the mechanics I wanted for Wrath HCs, but also made healers almost unable to cope with bad or sometimes even mediocre groups. Mana attrition is something that burns me every day; I'm worried I'll end up unsubscribing because it makes healing a lot less fun when—after having used all my abilities to the fullest—I look down on my mana bar and wonder where the hell it all went. Doesn't take much more than a some DPS standing in fire for two seconds and some missed interrupts for that to happen as a Shammie, sadly.

Paragon on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Like, that is so not the same thing you are almost literally comparing two completely separate classes together.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Well, Blizzards method of tweaking stuff tends to be either "Make it the next big thing" or "cripple it uselessly". Moreso if it's related to PvP (in which case if it's good, expect it to be nerfed into the ground. If it's bad, expect to never get away from it again.)

I've never, ever, ever had that mindset with changes made to this game. I mean I recognize when things get buffed to be super badass, but nothing has ever broken the game for me to make a class unfun or unplayable. I am relatively casual with my involvement in the game content so I guess I don't share the "I MUST SUCCEED" mentality.

Henroid on