As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] [CHAT] thread. 4.2 on the PTR, time to chuck woodland animals.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    It just makes me really annoyed the terrible habits these people are learning. Their situational awareness is so terrible, too - they have no sense of spacing, let alone the tight radiuses the BC instances take to.

I want to roll a healer just to watch them die. Maybe I will do that.

You're wasting your time; they'll just vote kick you for being a 'bad healer.'

Henroid on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've started not pulling mobs off the ones that do this but the ones with heirlooms don't die. Ugh.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    It just makes me really annoyed the terrible habits these people are learning. Their situational awareness is so terrible, too - they have no sense of spacing, let alone the tight radiuses the BC instances take to.

I want to roll a healer just to watch them die. Maybe I will do that.

You're wasting your time; they'll just vote kick you for being a 'bad healer.'

I have been kicked on my healers for being oom than being a bad healer
    It's not my fault you keep pulling without stopping

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm just really, really curious if a group that needed gear from the Troll heroics could actually complete them.

Samphis on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So nearly across the board tier12 reworks.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Riokenn wrote: »
    My favorite part about the suit is the one tendril thinger that doesn't match the others at all.

I just rolled up a DK to play frost spec for the first time since WotLK launched. Gonna see if I like it now.

Has the rotation for endgame DK been improved? I tried it out on my guy but it just didn't cut it. I was under DPSing most of the time.

And then Unholy happened.

I wouldn't know, because I got bored of my DK in Outland as frost spec.

DKs are actually among my least favorite classes. I was on board with them at first, but then I realized how much cooler shaman and warriors are.

Yeah, Warriors are pretty ballin'

And as a Tank I usually wait for the healers to get mana back when they are at 1/4th of the bar. Unless it's a simple pull that I know we can handle. (Stuns are amazing)

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My favorite part about the suit is the one tendril thinger that doesn't match the others at all.

I just rolled up a DK to play frost spec for the first time since WotLK launched. Gonna see if I like it now.

Has the rotation for endgame DK been improved? I tried it out on my guy but it just didn't cut it. I was under DPSing most of the time.

DKs are actually among my least favorite classes. I was on board with them at first, but then I realized how much cooler shaman and warriors are.

And as a Tank I usually wait for the healers to get mana back when they are at 1/4th of the bar. Unless it's a simple pull that I know we can handle. (Stuns are amazing)

I was going to commend your HK count but I figure this will be better:
    yDykP.gif

Henroid on
  • Options
    XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Samphis wrote: »
    I'm just really, really curious if a group that needed gear from the Troll heroics could actually complete them.

They can, but it is exceptionally brutal and unforgiving. When my guild started out with a few guys who were mostly just barely geared enough for it, we died a lot. Butt the new mechanics were just so fun and interesting it was worth it to figure out how to make it work.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Odds are low

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Odds are low

Eh you can do it fine. I healed them on my pally while I still needed multiple items.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Odds are low

Eh you can do it fine. I healed them on my pally while I still needed multiple items.

I can and have, but I didn't need the gear from there.

Trying to run it with two DPS hovering around 350 ilvl is... interesting.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

yDykP.gif

go pinkiepie!

@salv: if it's anything like the icc instances were, it's a lot more fun at level.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Heroic Atramedes should be easy as fuck. The only real difference in the fight is the 250k hp adds, which in Cata is nothing. It really just requires your raid members to play smarter than regular, not harder.

We actually used to wipe more on Normal Atra vs Heroic since we went from the [run amok] strat to [alternate between two camps in an organized manner].

Also, totally random on Chim; A Hunter pet can intervene the first Double Strike during the feud phase, quite handy if you don't have Paladins for LoH. We've always used 2 1/2 tanks on 25 for him, 2 real tanks for Double Strike and a Frost DK or Ret Pally main tank.

Yeah, the air phase is really stupid easy if you do it right. We set a strat of "Pre fight, pick a spot. That's your spot." The idea is wait for a modulation blast to hit your spot. Slliiiiddeeee to the left. Wait. Modulation Blast. Slllliiiiddeee to the right...

Now Clap your hands
    /clap
    /clap
    /clap
    /clap.

In other news complaining actually works. No more flamey lightwell.

belligerent on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I saw a server first for a guild yesterday when I was in Uldum. Downing something in heroic mode. BT?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    TylanthusTylanthus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    We avoided heroic atramades at first... our normal kills were sloppy and doing it in heroic mode surely must be harder!

After a few kills Heroic Atramedes has wiped us less than any boss in the entire tier except maybe normal mode ODS.

New holy priest four piece set is nice. RIP 75 second cooldown reduction on shadow fiend for holy priests though ;)

Tylanthus on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow, the first underwhelming Warlock tier set in a while. Shaman rejoice though, you get to be a volcano.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    That shaman model is bad. The warlock one isn't terrible, it just isn't anything to write home about.

Paladin seems to be the best so far but druid could be cool. Priest is pretty good as always.

Warrior reminds me of Emperor Zurg from Toy Story 2.

buzz&emperor-zurg1.jpg

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    From the mmo champ forums:
    Spiderlock, Spiderlock,
    Does whatever a Spiderlock can
    Shoots some fire, any size,
    Catches imps just like flies
    Look Out!
    Here comes the Spiderlock.

Is he strong?
    Listen bud,
    He's got voidwalker blood.
    Can dot stuff up and spread?
    Take a look, flying bogies overhead
    Hey, there
    There goes the Spiderlock.

In the thill of night
    At the scene of a raid
    Like a streak of fire
    He casts just in time.

Spiderlock, Spiderlock
    Friendly neighborhood Spiderlock
    Dots and flames
    He's ignited
    PHAT PURPZ is his reward.

To him, life is a great big summoning stone
    Whenever there's a meet up
    You'll find the Spiderlock.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Wow, the first underwhelming Warlock tier set in a while. Shaman rejoice though, you get to be a volcano.

Don't know what your talking about, spider helm FTW. I really need to make a lock one of these days.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I still want to get what was it, warlock tier 7? Whatever one it was where your head was a void.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I love the shaman T12, rock on.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I still want to get what was it, warlock tier 7? Whatever one it was where your head was a void.

Tier 4.

I liked Tier 8 myself.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My 30 second review of the T12 armors:

Druid: This is what it would look like if troll armor design mated with a radioactive treestump and had offspring.

Warlocks: The next Spiderman costume design...if he were starring in Lord of the Rings.

Shaman: This just in! Fire still hot! You did keep The Fire Extinguisher right? http://www.wowhead.com/item=41755

Paladins: We forgot the armor. Have some nice looking pajamas instead.

Warriors: The helm nicely portrays my feelings of rage. See? This is my angry face! So angry! At least it's not pajamas.

Mages: You're on fire! Ok actually the shaman are on fire. The phoenix motif will have to suffice. I know! Feathers on a non-druid armor set! Crazy stuff.

Death Knights: I'm Batman.

Rogues: Congrats on your Ravenholdt themed armor. No, we couldn't come up with anything better.

Priests: Shut up. I am NOT wearing a toilet bowl on my head.

Death Knights: I'm Batman.

Hunters: No one cares! Oh by the way, Nick Fury, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. at your service.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Odds are low

Yeah, it's really not that bad at all. Both my Shaman and Mage have pugged their way from 346 ->353+. To be honest, I've had much worse luck in groups with raid geared players since they expect to steamroll everything, where the bluer groups use cc and such.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well the druid set is sans shoulders right now so I'd think it would be wise to reserve judgement.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    [QUOTE=Riokenn;19249447

yDykP.gif[/QUOTE]

You wasted that gif on someone with 10.5k?

Not to take away from Riokenn but...

Guild Mate - 102k
    Same Guild Mate, Different Character - 83k

10k ain't gif worthy is all I'm sayin'

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think I'm the only person so far who likes the look of pally T12.

But honestly I'll need to see how it looks on Tauren first.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Shaman set ain't bad, but I know the enhancement pants are going to be another damn dress.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I love the shaman T12, rock on.

Not a fan, myself. The fire's a gimme; like I said, Org's gonna be a dangerous place come 4.2. The rest has the T1 vibe, but the colors are dull in comparison. Also, that helmet tells me that if I still played, my helmet graphic would be off for the next 4 months.

Well, it's always off anyways. Blizzard sucks at hats.

naengwen on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    [QUOTE=Riokenn;19249447

yDykP.gif

You wasted that gif on someone with 10.5k?

Not to take away from Riokenn but...

Guild Mate - 102k
    Same Guild Mate, Different Character - 83k

10k ain't gif worthy is all I'm sayin'[/QUOTE]

You can never 'waste' Pinkie Pie. And 10k is a lot to anyone who doesn't live their life for the game.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Pinkie Pie can get and make infectious excitement about anything.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Example:

I'm gonna roll up a priest and try to level one past 32 for once.
    yDykP.gif

Henroid on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What happened with the priest set? Was I right about fire lightwell not being the real set bonus?

forty on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You can never 'waste' Pinkie Pie. And 10k is a lot to anyone who doesn't live their life for the game.
    wat

forty on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I have 14k on a druid I almost never PVP on.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just looked at my old warrior that I leveled and played in WoW classic, 10.8k, haven't pvped with him past level 60.

Think probably all of them were getting exalted with the Frostwolves...

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    forty wrote: »
    wat

I dunno, from my perspective it seems like something you really have to try for. But I haven't PvP'd since vanilla so I dunno how the flow of combat goes in Arenas / BGs.

... Actually, that's a half-lie. I did PvP in TBC when Quel'Danas was a thing, but that wasn't necessarily by choice (not that I hated it).

Henroid on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hrm, apparently I only have around 32k on my pally, and this is the one who got all of the achievements in Wintergrasp (and was in just about every slaughterhouse WG I could that occured after 4.0.1 dropped) and who I've been pvping on the most.

Maybe I need to force more turtles in AV or something. hrm.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Friday is the best day for the auction house. <3

Henroid on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like the idea of an Undead Death Knight(thanks Henroid)....but I'm not sure I want to level another DK.

re AH: for selling or buying?

Shawnasee on