As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] [CHAT] thread. 4.2 on the PTR, time to chuck woodland animals.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    You can never 'waste' Pinkie Pie. And 10k is a lot to anyone who doesn't live their life for the game.
    wat

I dunno, from my perspective it seems like something you really have to try for. But I haven't PvP'd since vanilla so I dunno how the flow of combat goes in Arenas / BGs.

... Actually, that's a half-lie. I did PvP in TBC when Quel'Danas was a thing, but that wasn't necessarily by choice (not that I hated it).
    Someone doing just 3 hours of BGs/TB per week would probably surpass 10k HKs in less than a year.

forty on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    I like the idea of an Undead Death Knight(thanks Henroid)....but I'm not sure I want to level another DK.

re AH: for selling or buying?

You're welcome!

As for the AH comment, it's selling for now (because I just made mad money on a bunch of random shit I put up this morning), but I have a feeling that a lot of people put things up on sale for way lower value that can be swooped up and re-stocked for higher.

Henroid on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I decided to tank a normal heroic for a quick CTA bag. How are some people so bad at this game? I feel like I'm being punked.
    wowscrnshot051311181309.jpg

This fury warrior rocked out 3.9 overall instance dps, had fewer melee swings than I had HEART STRIKES, and only bloodthirsted 23 times the entire instance. He also need rolled on the agility polearm, the 1h str sword, and Tia's Grace.

What is with people?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    He has some interesting gemming choices, and the guild name is perfect I think:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dentarg/mantmant/simple

Nobody on
    edited May 2011
    All those hard-casted slams are going to cut into your auto-attacks.

forty on
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What is with people?

Some people just don't understand how to play and refuse to learn.

On the flipside I had a healer getting mad at me on my s.priest still in pvp blues for doing 10k dps because the druid in greens was out-dpsing me (and everyone else, guy was doing 16k-24k, the hell?) on large packs of trash.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I keep hearing slam is shitty, and yet so far in my leveling (arms spec) it has been god-like to my "Kill shit really fast"-itude. What's the deal?

Also, I was waiting for the day when this "launch out of a canon" quest in Swamp of Sorrows would kill me, and it finally did just now.

Henroid on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    spider-lock, spider-lock

does whatever a spider-lock

does

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited May 2011
    I keep hearing slam is shitty, and yet so far in my leveling (arms spec) it has been god-like to my "Kill shit really fast"-itude. What's the deal?

Also, I was waiting for the day when this "launch out of a canon" quest in Swamp of Sorrows would kill me, and it finally did just now.
    Who is saying slam is shitty? Slam has been good for a long time now, although it used to be a bitch to use during movement-heavy situations. Slam is bread and butter for Arms, but Fury should only use it when they get an instant cast proc. Hard casting Slam as Fury is fucking terrible, which Grundle's awful warrior buddy was clearly doing.

forty on
    edited May 2011

Who is saying slam is shitty? Slam has been good for a long time now, although it used to be a bitch to use during movement-heavy situations. Slam is bread and butter for Arms, but Fury should only use it when they get an instant cast proc. Hard casting Slam as Fury is fucking terrible, which Grundle's awful warrior buddy was clearly doing.

Oh, I misunderstood your earlier post.

I remember seeing plenty of people say that slam is shit all-around. But anyway, even for arms, hard-casting Slam is shit without the talent (though, you can get the talent before learning it anyway).

Henroid on
    edited May 2011
    Well, Arms without Imp Slam is basically a botched spec, except perhaps in PvP where Slam doesn't see as much use. At least it used to be that way; I don't know if PvP warriors are getting it now too.

If you see a Fury warrior with more Slam attacks than Bloodthirsts, you can automatically tell he's horrible.

Edit: Looked at the picture again. Christ, he even used Overpower a few times. I'm guessing he played in battle stance the entire time.

forty on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    Druid T12

Colors don't look finished yet.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Aphostile wrote: »
    What is with people?

On the flipside I had a healer getting mad at me on my s.priest still in pvp blues for doing 10k dps because the druid in greens was out-dpsing me (and everyone else, guy was doing 16k-24k, the hell?) on large packs of trash.

I wish I could remember the guys name, or even view a list of people I've PUG'd with recently so I could name and shame this guy.. I was tanking a heroic for my guildie the other night and we had a DK in the group as dps. I noticed he was doing "low" dps for a heroic, but didn't think much of it at first as he was dual wielding and I figured he may not have reached the hit cap yet.

It was a little through the instance when I started noticing things. He was tossing a lot of death coils for one, almost as if he was unholy. Then I saw a ghoul come flying down and join the fight and I thought to myself.. no way.. he couldn't be. So I inspected him and sure enough he is dual wielding, unholy, no points in frost for Nerves of Cold Steel and he wasn't running a ghoul pet. So basically his DC casts were being wasted and he was gimping his own dps.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    edited May 2011
    Edit: Looked at the picture again. Christ, he even used Overpower a few times. I'm guessing he played in battle stance the entire time.

Okay now I'm on your side.

Henroid on
    edited May 2011
    Klatu wrote: »
    Aphostile wrote: »
    What is with people?

I wish I could remember the guys name, or even view a list of people I've PUG'd with recently so I could name and shame this guy.. I was tanking a heroic for my guildie the other night and we had a DK in the group as dps. I noticed he was doing "low" dps for a heroic, but didn't think much of it at first as he was dual wielding and I figured he may not have reached the hit cap yet.

It was a little through the instance when I started noticing things. He was tossing a lot of death coils for one, almost as if he was unholy. Then I saw a ghoul come flying down and join the fight and I thought to myself.. no way.. he couldn't be. So I inspected him and sure enough he is dual wielding, unholy, no points in frost for Nerves of Cold Steel and he wasn't running a ghoul pet. So basically his DC casts were being wasted and he was gimping his own dps.
    Why you gotta be ripping on dual-wield, petless unholy spec?

forty on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Druid T12

Colors don't look finished yet.

Radioactive treestump. It just needs a couple patches where the deer have rubbed all the bark off and maybe a radioactive swarm to rise up out of it every time the druid casts insect swarm. Maybe have a burned patch on the helm where lightning struck it.

Poketpixie on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    From the mmo champ forums:
    Spiderlock, Spiderlock,
    Does whatever a Spiderlock can
    Shoots some fire, any size,
    Catches imps just like flies
    Look Out!
    Here comes the Spiderlock.
    [...]

yes

that pretty much sums up that tier set

I don't really like the look

but I've decided it's just funny looking enough I can't hate it either

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I liked Tier 8 myself.

ditto :^:

I actually still carry it around in my bags

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I decided to tank a normal heroic for a quick CTA bag. How are some people so bad at this game? I feel like I'm being punked.
    wowscrnshot051311181309.jpg

This fury warrior rocked out 3.9 overall instance dps, had fewer melee swings than I had HEART STRIKES, and only bloodthirsted 23 times the entire instance. He also need rolled on the agility polearm, the 1h str sword, and Tia's Grace.

What is with people?

3.9k DPS? Shit, my alt Fury Warrior was easily pulling 10k and I still had 333 weps (actually, just got the sword from Heroic Stonecore the other night so should see some damage raise there).

But, to answer your question, some people are just plain bad. I random'd into a Deadmines the other day and the DK tank had half his items as DPS plate, I was looking at them and I was thinking, "God, I hope he at least reforged some of this stuff". Which he did, except the gear was reforged for hit and exp. We ended up killing the first boss but everyone in the group dropped and since I was dead and had to release, thus "leaving" the instance, I got dumped in the back of the queue. Luckily, that's when I got Stonecore and got my flash new sword, though the stats may not be the best for Fury it's nice and slow with a big top end. Now I just need to do TB dailies and get their sword.

Zomro on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The last time I had an honest to goodness bad player, I was able to coach them to increase their dps by 2k by the end of the dungeon through coaching via simple tips. The only reason they listened to me (and the only reason I tried) was because they were a moonkin and I was a resto druid with a near full set of raid gear and they seemed enamored with me due to that gear.

Edit: Since I'm the last post, I'll edit this one instead of making a new one for talkin about stuff on the PTR.

The Encounter Journal's implemented and has boss abilities for everything besides BWD, TotFW, and BoT (Firelands' boss abilities are there though). Loot tables look to be set up for everything besides BH, ZG, ZA and Firelands. It also has a search so you can either find spells or loot and then it'll take you to the boss that casts/drops it.

In addition, War Games got their own UI section in the PvP window, so for all two of you guys who used it, it's even easier to use now.

Also, and hopefully this is a bug introduced from adding the Encounter Journal to the buttons at the bottom, the keyring is gone. Hopefully if they decide to do this for reals they'll remove the requirements for keys from all of the TBC heroics/raids that still used them since really those are the only keys I had left.

Opty on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wonder what they'll do with, say, the Black Coffer, then.

In other news:

Fished up the one Highland Mixed School in Lake Jorune on my way to get some recipes.
    Mr. Pinchy third cast, pet first use.
    My drops for the rest of the day are going to be total ass.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Opty wrote: »
    The last time I had an honest to goodness bad player, I was able to coach them to increase their dps by 2k by the end of the dungeon through coaching via simple tips. The only reason they listened to me (and the only reason I tried) was because they were a moonkin and I was a resto druid with a near full set of raid gear and they seemed enamored with me due to that gear.

Edit: Since I'm the last post, I'll edit this one instead of making a new one for talkin about stuff on the PTR.

The Encounter Journal's implemented and has boss abilities for everything besides BWD, TotFW, and BoT (Firelands' boss abilities are there though). Loot tables look to be set up for everything besides BH, ZG, ZA and Firelands. It also has a search so you can either find spells or loot and then it'll take you to the boss that casts/drops it.

In addition, War Games got their own UI section in the PvP window, so for all two of you guys who used it, it's even easier to use now.

Also, and hopefully this is a bug introduced from adding the Encounter Journal to the buttons at the bottom, the keyring is gone. Hopefully if they decide to do this for reals they'll remove the requirements for keys from all of the TBC heroics/raids that still used them since really those are the only keys I had left.

Dammit. I JUST got the Heroic Key to the Focusing Iris last night.

Samphis on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

In other news:

Fished up the one Highland Mixed School in Lake Jorune on my way to get some recipes.

I...I hate you so much right now. I need Mr. Pinchy and to win one of the weekend fishing contests to get "Salty."

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the fishing contests are the hard part

I should really start trying to do the northrend one again

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

In other news:

I hate you

months

months I fished for that bastard.

And did he give me a pet? No.

So I had to fish him up again.

fucker.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited May 2011

No they aren't. Stranglethorn is much easier than Northrend (which is pure random chance)

I'm going to try winning it on my alt tomorrow. This would be the 4th time.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited May 2011
    on my server at least, the fishing contest turns the clock back on stranglethorn to the bad old days

or at least, it did sixth or so months ago when I tried the contest a few times

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited May 2011

In other news:

You bitch. Everyone hates you now.

Henroid on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

No they aren't. Stranglethorn is much easier than Northrend (which is pure random chance)****

**** Depending on server; we have a guild on Scilla that collects Salty titles. In order for anyone else to win, they need a small army. I helped a Horde buddy of mine win, we had ~10 Alliance killing other Horde for him (on top of his dozen or so killing Ally) and he won by maybe 30 seconds. It does make for some fun world PvP though. :D

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So someone posted the new voice samples that Vanessa VanCleef will be getting in 4.2:

Sounds a lot like Grey DeLisle to me but I can't confirm it.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited May 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »

No they aren't. Stranglethorn is much easier than Northrend (which is pure random chance)****

**** Depending on server; we have a guild on Scilla that collects Salty titles. In order for anyone else to win, they need a small army. I helped a Horde buddy of mine win, we had ~10 Alliance killing other Horde for him (on top of his dozen or so killing Ally) and he won by maybe 30 seconds. It does make for some fun world PvP though. :D

I've personally done it on three different servers.

The most difficult was easily Mug'thol, due to the PvP and a strong same-faction presence.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Fig-D wrote: »
    So someone posted the new voice samples that Vanessa VanCleef will be getting in 4.2:

She did do the voice of Nova in Starcraft II.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
    edited May 2011
    Some servers have been dropping tonight, so everyone decides to flood Moon Guard to troll / spectate (ironically being the problem themselves). And now I can't connect to my home server. It's like I'm being punished.

Henroid on
    edited May 2011
    Fig-D wrote: »

Her outfit is not unlike an RP outfit I had for my mage on Dark Iron (even though it wasn't an RP server). Big fan of the Vanessa Vancleef because of it!

Henroid on
    edited May 2011
    Turkson wrote: »

In other news:

I...I hate you so much right now. I need Mr. Pinchy and to win one of the weekend fishing contests to get "Salty."

Did I mention this was on a level 65 warrior - her first highland mixed school?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited May 2011
    So do Spellpower and Attack Power only show up on weapons now?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, I've been playing my Hunter (level 42) and some level 51 rogue has been ganking me. For the last 20 minutes. I've also been victorious half the time except the graveyard is right next to us so he just keeps coming back. It's getting really fucking old.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So do Spellpower and Attack Power only show up on weapons now?

Correct.

Also, consider logging out. Best way to deal with idiots.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was in a heroic ZG last night and a priest lied to the group, stating that they should roll greed on loot instead of disenchant, because he could "proc 2" if they traded him the item and let hiim disenchant (I'm not sure this is even possible, I've never seen 2 maelstroms from one item). I didn't say anything, so I feel a little guilty (I was drunk...).

Sure enough, after the next boss, "Man, it won't let me trade it back to you..." because of course after you DE an item the resulting crystal doesn't have the Can be traded to other members note.

And then my vote to kick him failed...

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    cncaudata wrote: »
    I was in a heroic ZG last night and a priest lied to the group, stating that they should roll greed on loot instead of disenchant, because he could "proc 2" if they traded him the item and let hiim disenchant (I'm not sure this is even possible, I've never seen 2 maelstroms from one item). I didn't say anything, so I feel a little guilty (I was drunk...).

Sure enough, after the next boss, "Man, it won't let me trade it back to you..." because of course after you DE an item the resulting crystal doesn't have the Can be traded to other members note.

And then my vote to kick him failed...

So he was a bit ignorant but had a decent idea. We do this in my guild groups.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png