As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chrome redirecting to Mediaplex?

MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
Whenever I use Chrome, which is all the time, I get the following page when I click the Forums link, or even type forums.penny-arcade.com into the address bar. I'm using IE to post this.

PAforumerror.jpg

Morvidus on

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2011
    I'm pretty sure this is on your end

Tube on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited April 2011
    I agree with LPS on this - looks like you have some malware on your end.

Ramius on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn. Spybot S&D didn't fix it and ESET AV didn't find anything.

EDIT: Now I know why. Neither of them care to look for tracking cookies...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Morvidus wrote: »
    Damn. Spybot S&D didn't fix it and ESET AV didn't find anything.

EDIT: Now I know why. Neither of them care to look for tracking cookies...

Whaaaat? That's one of the major things Spybot is supposed to be doing (and I know I personally saw it remove Mediaplex cookies some time ago, before I got Noscript, which is when I stopped seeing the detection). Go look in Settings > File Sets and make sure Cookies.sbi is checked. Failing that, try throwing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Microsoft Security Essentials at it. Odd that it only affects Chrome... Anyway, if you continue to have trouble, you can always post in Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern or maybe H/A, whichever is the better place for it. Since we know it's not on PA's end, this probably isn't the place for it anymore. Best of luck getting that fixed!

Essee on