Options

Mass Effect: I get it, you hate Belarus

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    It would be pretty hilarious if Tali dies out of no where.

She must have caught a bug from somewhere.

From Shepard, of course.

She should die if you romanced her in ME2.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Hating on the batarians is too easy because they're not people, really they barely qualify as living things

We should talk about how the quarians thought it was a good idea to delay assistance to the Alarei so they could make a political maneuver during Tali's trial

or how every mission you see them on including Freedom's Progress, Haestrom, Gei Hinnom, Tali's loyalty, and every one on pilgrimage ends in failure and heavy casualties

or how they failed at genocide and still refuse to take responsibility 300 years later, and have a political structure so weak that Shepard can bitch them out in their own courtroom

Geth forever

Tal.

Tal.

You're making up bullshit again. They didn't delay assistance. They delayed blowing the ship to hell. Did you entirely miss the whole "Sending in Marines" thing? Turned out it was nasty enough to chew them up and spit them out, making any non-Shepard solution impractical at best, and a hazard to the fleet at worst.

And Haestrom was, despite everything, a success. They got the data, and sure. Shepard saved their asses. But they were up against a Geth battalion out of nowhere that happened to be testing out their fanciest next-gen super weapon, with close air support. And you have to be TRYING to get Reegar killed, which is pretty impressive considering he's fighting wounded.

I mean, yeah, the Quarians fuck up fairly often. Not saying they're the Salarian STG or anything. But their fuckups have been contained, with the obvious exception of the Geth.

Plus, Cerberus lost to them. Every single insult just makes Cerberus look even more comically incompetent.

You're telling me the quarian idea of a fair trial is to send the defendant and her lawyer on an apparent suicide mission? A suicide mission to the quarians anyway, not to an actually competent military. Shepard and Tali didn't think it was too bad. If the quarians can't even clear a ship of geth, how the hell do they plan to retake Rannoch? They're stupid and dogmatic, which makes them unreliable allies if you're planning to work with the geth too.

Haestrom is in the middle of geth space. They should have prepared for an attack. Tali would be dead without Shepard. She shares that distinction with Garrus, every other squadmate just does awesome stuff in their introduction and Shepard recruits them.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think every ally shepard picks up gets the "at my side or under my boot" speech

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I actually want to replay ME2 solely to get that speech.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Best possible ending to The Arrival would have been:
    Shepard not getting picked up by the Normandy and with the vision of Harbinger displayed riding the ever accelerating asteroid into the Mass Relay. The entire time, looking dead into the eyes of the gigantic reaper in front of him, closer and closer, Harby just going on and on about cosmic winds and blah blah blah, closer and closer and Shep just screaming at him as he rides it into the explosion.

Of course, Shep would live cause that's what Shep does....but you get the idea.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Instead we got eerily silence Joker.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Quick question, I haven't even done the IFF mission yet, but should downloading and doing any of the DLC missions cause any conflicts moving forward?

Or are some of them meant to be completed after the main story?

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nah you can do them whenever.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Arrival is probably best for afterwards.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Haestrom is in the middle of geth space. They should have prepared for an attack. Tali would be dead without Shepard. She shares that distinction with Garrus, every other squadmate just does awesome stuff in their introduction and Shepard recruits them.

Like Thane?

No. Wait. He said he'd have died on the job without Shepard. Oops.

Samara then!

Ah. Right. Prison cell, all the cops on Illium ready to waste her if they have to.

Grunt?

Pod. Poison gas. Jedore.

Jacob?

Oh, of course. Base full of Cerberus incompetence.

Legion?

Incapacitated by husks.

Jack, though. Jack would never...

Be caught and in a maximum security lockdown.

Zaeed and Kasumi are just hired between incredibly dangerous jobs rather than in the middle of one when Shep shows up. Doesn't seem a fair comparison, and Miranda's survival depends a lot on Shepard being the prime target instead of her.

So, we've got...

Mordin as the only teammate who'd survive without Shepard.

...Damn. I thought the criteria wouldn't work out so well.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    playing this for the first time in about a year

forgot how fun this game was

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Like Thane?

Samara then!

Ah. Right. Prison cell, all the cops on Illium ready to waste her if they have to.

Grunt?

Pod. Poison gas. Jedore.

Jacob?

Legion?

Incapacitated by husks.

Zaeed and Kasumi are just hired between incredibly dangerous jobs rather than in the middle of one when Shep shows up. Doesn't seem a fair comparison, and Miranda's survival depends a lot on Shepard being the prime target instead of her.

So, we've got...

Actually if I recall correctly, the evil goblin things had just shut down the ventilation system for Mordin's part of the station and if Shepard hadn't shown up, he and everyone else in his clinic would have suffocated to death!

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I wish there was a way to kill more Batarians. Maybe drop a sun on their eyes.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    So someone in the G&T thread has decided to call any follow-up war between the quarians and the geth to be...

...the Lunchtime War.

Unless there's some context behind that, I'm going to have call it a dumb name.

Is there some kind of context?

Geth vs Quarians round one was called The Morning War

okay, i recall that now. still kinda meh.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

Like Thane?

Samara then!

Grunt?

Pod. Poison gas. Jedore.

Jacob?

Legion?

Incapacitated by husks.

So, we've got...

Actually if I recall correctly, the evil goblin things had just shut down the ventilation system for Mordin's part of the station and if Shepard hadn't shown up, he and everyone else in his clinic would have suffocated to death!

Vorcha hate fan

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    YOU NO COME HERE

#pipe on
  • Options
    MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Who's worse?

Bataraians

or

Vorcha

discuss?

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    batarians are paragon examples of species evolution

T4CT on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    T4CT wrote: »
    batarians are paragon examples of species evolution

No, that'd be Vorcha.

Adaptable, durable, and quick to mature? Useful traits in a species.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    batarians are betterer

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    batarians are betterer

They are superior in only one respect.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the Vorcha make a group of Batarian slavers seem like a charity luncheon for the Met

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    batarians are betterer

working too hard?

SenorTacos on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    batarians are betterer

They are better at dying.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Catalase wrote: »
    batarians are betterer

They are better at dying.

And having dickishness as the center of their culture as opposed to having the culture of a roach crossed with a rat.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh god dammit

I went back to ME1 to do an insanity run

this has seemed suspiciously easy and oh hey look at that it turns out that the difficulty change didn't get saved

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ME2 runs smooth as silk on my pc. Thank you Bioware for the free PC edition. <3

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got New Vegas to try and tide myself over until ME3 or at least until LA Noire comes out.

That game is fucking terrible

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I liked new vegas

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i liked it four years ago when it was called fallout 3

people talk a lot of shit about that game but at least it had more than four fucking songs on the sound track. if i hear johnny guitar or kick in the head again i will use a cheese grater to kill myself

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    so I guess the question now

is do I start over and slog though all the citadel bullshit again

or come back and do it later with a new character without the benefit of starting off at level 40

both of them sound like horrible horrible ideas

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i liked it four years ago when it was called fallout 3

people talk a lot of shit about that game but at least it had more than four fucking songs on the sound track. if i hear johnny guitar or kick in the head again i will use a cheese grater to kill myself

They felt like pretty much the same game, yeah

But I liked fallout three and I liked new vegas because it was more of what I liked about fallout 3?

Also Big Iron is the best song

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    the gameplay is still fun but the glitches and bugs are maddening and the graphics weren't upgraded at all

if i had paid more than twenty bucks for it i would be furious

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I play it with the radio off almost the entire time.

Also I play it like a crazy person. That helps.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Jordyn hides the corpses, but I don't know who is left to hide them from

My only beef re: new vegas was all the invisible walls making the really open world a lot smaller

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I mean

when you hit "confirm selections and exit" in the options screen

and it says "saving content. please don't turn off your console"

what the fuck is it saving if not the changes you just made on that menu

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    One time in New Vegas I tried to hold on to a pool cue and use it to actually knock the balls in the holes.

It didn't work so I jumped up and down on the table for a while instead.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    the white glove society quest bugged out for me earlier

also ed-e won't do anything now, won't attack hostile characters, nothing

the sheriff from the prison bugged out, the legion guy who got captured exploded in front of me

grass constantly spawns in the air above my character's head

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oh yeah it had some fantastic bugs that have no good reason to have made it past testing, seeing how fucking common they are

There were a lot of fun things though, and I thought they outshined the not-so-uncommon game breaking bug

Never had that grass thing, though

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    man, I think I ran into like...one? two troublesome bugs?

I hit a few others that were hilarious, but none that really busted anything.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.