As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Japheth Marvel vs. Raheem Magnus

gredavingredavin Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Critical Failures
Here, in the waiting pits, you hear the sounds of battle and the blood thirsty roar of your audience. You watched the gate rise and fall as the first two combatants disappeared up the ramp, to victory or death. One would not return this morning.

Again, the gates rise and the team organizer points you out and yells at you to get your worthless carcas up the ramp.

"Your turn to die," he snarls.

Another glorious roar comes from the throngs watching, and as light filters down into the long, empty corridor, the enormity of the situation sinks in. There are two ways this will end. Glory or the afterlife.

You ask yourself; are you ready?

________________________________________________________
Time of Day: Late Morning

Weather: Clear

Inner Gate: none

Walls: Spiked (Enter a space with an outer wall, take 1d4 damage, 1d8 damage if forced into)

Small Pillars: Spiked, Climbable (DC10), 5ft high

Large Pillars: On Fire, 15ft high, any square touching the pillar deals 1d6 fire damage.

Special Events: Let Loose the Dogs of War!!

Blue Team: Japheth Marvel

Red Team: Raheem Magnus

{OOC: Post initial thoughts as you wait for your bout from behind the gate. Roll Initiative and Charmisa checks please.}

gredavin on

Posts

  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Raheem waits calmly behind the gate to the arena, he stands near the sun as it shines off his bald head. Looking into the crowd he smiles and mutters to himself, "I wonder whose life I'll be taking today".

    Initiative (1d20 +3 = 15)
    Charisma (1d20 -1 =5)

    {OOC: for convinience character sheet }

    A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The gate rises, casting it's rolling shadow over Japheth. The sun is approaching noon, glaring across the dirt of the arena floor. Sharp eyes surveying the scene, he steps out into the cacophony of the crowd... and of the roaring fire. Flames licked up the central pillars standing dead ahead.

    Across the battlefield entered an exotic looking man. Unarmored and holding himself in a confident sneer, Japheth presumed magicks of his foe. Unfortunately he couldn't put his finger on any origin or style. The usual tactic of dropping such an enemy before they even knew they were under attack won't apply here. Japheth would have to strike swiftly.

    His reliable longbow held at his side, he ran two fingertips to the fletching of an arrow, brushing it slightly. He waited for the signal to come, eyes fixed on his mark.

    [OOC:

    Initiative (1d20+4=21)
    Charisma (1d20-1=16)

    ]

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Loranius sweeped an extended palm as he bellowed. "Let the blooding continue!"

    Fingers closed over the haft of the arrow as the cheering of the bloodthirsty crowd reached Japheth. Never let the magician speak for it may be the last words you hear. The human wizard seemed unconcerned, perhaps overconfident or underestimating him, taking comfort in the distance between them perhaps. But Japheth preferred it and was deadliest at it.

    The arrow was knocked and fired. Deft fingers set another, loosed again before the first even struck it's target. Cold eyes stared out from his masked face, tracing their flight. Japheth cared not for the dramatic, he simply was being efficient.

    He stood steady, his body turned and the bow held pointed as the arrows struck.

    [OOC:

    Rapid Shot full attack (1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=17)
    Arrow damage (+2 favored enemy) (1d8+2=4, 1d8+2=3)

    Looks like my awesome rolling streak ends with the damage rolls. :o

    ]

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    "Lucky" mutters Raheem while grimacing in pain. "No more shooting" he screams. He raises his arms, utters a few arcane words then bring them down.

    Suddenly everything around him is covered in dense fog. "Good luck finding me now" he jests at his opponent and moves within the fog.

    [OOC: Cast Obscuring Mist centered on my starting location. Not sure how to do movement since you can't see me.]

    A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The announcer is silenced by two men eager to finish the other. The crowd responds with a unanimous roar, approving of the fast pace to bloodshed.

    "I see these two care not for the prize, only the glory! They shall still inherit the 1000 gold, and a little trinket that perhaps, in their next bout, will make them faster than an ordinary man. Make Haste to the victory!"

    The crowd cheers as two arrows find flesh, inaccurate at long range, but deadly none the less. The wizard responds in kind, enveloping himself in a thick, contorting grey cloud, disappearing in the heart of it.

    {OOC
    Raheem: Square Unknown, 7 wounds taken
    Japheth: Square S11, 0 wounds taken
    Map:
    round1or6.jpg

    Begin round 2

    gredavin on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    And then, like the gods speaking the victor to the world, a mighty bolt of lightning struck down the bowman in a brilliant display of awesome power.

    He shook, he rattled, he rolled.

    And then he died.

    The audience was silent for a moment, but a tremendous roar went up.

    "Praise to the dark god, praise be his power!"

    And so it was that the wizard Raheem Magnus moved onto the next bout.

    [Defaulted, gain a level and the victory prize.]

    gredavin on
Sign In or Register to comment.