As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

school is for pretentious assholes

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    History of American Law midterm tomorrow at 9:30. Realized it about an hour ago WHOOPS.jpg

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Callius wrote: »
    <3
    <3<3

titties

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Doodmann wrote: »
    History of American Law midterm tomorrow at 9:30. Realized it about an hour ago WHOOPS.jpg

you

you are in a hole

I have the Psychology AP exam on monday and have yet to crack a book

I am also going to a concert the night before the Literature AP

the number of fucks I give is minimal

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    man

this programming assignment was kind of a joke!

I am not entirely sure why we were given three weeks do do something that took like four hours tops from reading the chapter to emailing the completed assignment

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    On art: Oh, all sorts. I'd really only want the bachelors for something more heady like product design, but I'm also interested in illustration, graphic design, and costume design.

If I could make a living creating whorish Halloween outfits and child pageant froufrou dresses I think I would be happy.

MUSE! I'm glad you decided to come to my awesome school. You should take a look at the College of Creative Studies, you might be able to twist your art degree into something more to your liking. Whoa, I have not been to this thread in a while.

Doodmann on
    I like to ART
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Callius wrote: »
    <3
    <3<3

titties

They were the rudest, were they not?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    my god yes

sort of the holy grail for me at this point

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You guys, there are literally a dozen words in this practice reading exam that I don't know, and at least one grammar function I've never seen. And this is just the second chapter review of four.

I am going to fail my midterms

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    the solution is amphetamines

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    All I have is this box of Tic Tacs!

I'm going to eat them all and see if that helps

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    at least you'll be minty fresh

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Progress on Ch. 4-4: Nonexistent

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    but how is your breath

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Breath Status: Dog finds it interesting

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    best possible breath status ever

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think I'll be ok, only a 75 minute essay, both questions are about the tension between conservative formalists and progressive realists. I pretty much have to use Lochner as an example for either. Beyond that I'm either talking about FDR packing the courts or Langdells system verses the Yale system.

Doodmann on
    I like to ART
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    B- in my Van Gogh class! This is fantastic news because that fuckin exam was worth 60% of my mark.

So now I need one mandatory course and one elective to graduate.

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    B- in my Van Gogh class! This is fantastic news because that fuckin exam was worth 60% of my mark.

So now I need one mandatory course or one elective to graduate.

hmm you should go for the mandatory course

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    going through an entire semester of content in like 2 hours

this final is gonna be easy peasy lemon squeezy

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Staleghoti wrote: »

So now I need one mandatory course or one elective to graduate.

hmm you should go for the mandatory course

Gonna take whatever's available and fits in with my work schedule (which is empty right now.)

There's a chance I could take BOTH this summer tho, especially the elective cause there's lots of other disciplines that have nifty summer courses (I took a course on Film Noir once, did poorly but damn if it wasn't fun). And then I'd have a fuckin general BA in art history bitcheees!

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    ALSO

My CGPA is like 6.77 and will probably go up to 7 after my last mark comes in, I think that makes me eligible for honours

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The benefit concert for Japan that I MC'd last night went well. Well enough for my co-host and I to be asked to MC another event in mid May.

Oh Yeah.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh to return to a time when an exam was only 60% of my grade

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    brain feels like mush. just finals next Wednesdays and I'm done. thank god.

Kabitzy on
    W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    my professors threatened bodily harm if my group and I don't submit our term project to the IGF

making me feel all warm and fuzzy

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    CowardlyCowardly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Found out yesterday that I have 4 days in a row of 2 hour exams next week.

Not great, but not too bad. Better get revising, then.
    Ive also got to switch my shifts at work because whooooops

Cowardly on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    gonna go see the grad show of my old university tomorrow
    old teachers will probably be there
    not sure how it will go
    but theres snacks, so.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    you know what would be nice is if people that i try to call could hear me

think my phone is fucked up. fuck you, apple!

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh wait no nevermind I am now excited because my ex-coworker tommy might show up

Kochikens on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    whoo English degrees

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    uh

ugh

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    methodology?

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i dunno

it looks like some combination of salary, decreases in total job opportunities, and number of graduates

satansfingers on
  • Options
    KarnackKarnack Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the head of the russian department at my school teaches a class on Dostoevsky that I am currently taking.

it is my last real literature class in a long line of comp lit/russian lit in my undergraduate career, and I had high hopes.

the guy is a complete jerk, though.

he routinely tells people they do not understand dostoevsky, and occasionally the act of reading. He wrote on my friend's midterm (it is a mantra, by this point) "You misunderstand Dostoevsky. And, if this essay is any indication, you surely do not understand women, either."

I went to his office hours a few times to discuss some graduation details and ended up staying and chatting with him for an hour or so about st. petersburg and gogol, and he was about 50% more personable. it just seems like he is so worn out by the students and the small amount that gets through to them that he just doesn't care.

Karnack on
  • Options
    Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ubik wrote: »
    oh to return to a time when an exam was only 60% of my grade

Sigh...

I basically confirmed after taking my last two finals that I'm just not a good fit for law school and that the best I can hope for is to keep my head above water just enough to pass all of my classes.

I'm incapable of memorizing enough bullshit for one exam to justify getting higher than average marks.

And it sucks, because my academic adviser (who I took two classes with) says that I'm a great student in class and that my contribution is always helpful/insightful.

Talk about blown expectations, man.

Evil_Reaver on
    XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Karnack wrote: »
    the head of the russian department at my school teaches a class on Dostoevsky that I am currently taking.

it is my last real literature class in a long line of comp lit/russian lit in my undergraduate career, and I had high hopes.

the guy is a complete jerk, though.

he routinely tells people they do not understand dostoevsky, and occasionally the act of reading. He wrote on my friend's midterm (it is a mantra, by this point) "You misunderstand Dostoevsky. And, if this essay is any indication, you surely do not understand women, either."

I went to his office hours a few times to discuss some graduation details and ended up staying and chatting with him for an hour or so about st. petersburg and gogol, and he was about 50% more personable. it just seems like he is so worn out by the students and the small amount that gets through to them that he just doesn't care.

yeah, that sounds about right

another in the long list of reasons why i'm not going for tenure-track jobs: burnout

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Looks like I will be presenting at The Symposium on University Research and Creative Expression once more! This year I will be presenting this:
    By approaching the realm of popular culture, with particular emphasis taken towards the characters of the Batman, the Punisher & Dexter Morgan, the application of vigilantism will be shown to not only be a distinctly American philosophy regarding the state but also come to serve as a dark reflection of the writings of Henry David Thoreau on Civil Disobedience. Lacking a literary classic for the American culture, this topic will serve to bring insight into the adoption of vigilantism, with prominence taken towards the market of children, by our heroes in print as well as discuss our nation’s secret love for those who would engage in its practices. The paper will end in an examination of contemporary citizens enacting vigilantism and the culminating factors which led to such a redefining of their moral characters.

This will be the second year in a row in which I will be presenting on Batman at an academic symposium.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay, grading sucks.

A lot.

And when the fuck am I going to have time to write a god damned 10 minute research talk? Fuck.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
This discussion has been closed.