As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

school is for pretentious assholes

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    it has been going up every year since i left, it is getting crazy high up there now

i think it might be up to 25 hours a semester?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just found out one of the high schools in my home county (not the one I went to, but a few friends of mine did), currently as an estimated drop out rate over 70%.

Like...damn....

And it's a predominantly white school (which is only important because the NAACP is trying to sue that school district, or recently tried to, or something).

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't think of the community service I do in terms of hours

just do fun service

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll probably do a lot of community service tutoring kids at the homework club after school next year.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    that's what they all say

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    man i never did any fucking community service hours

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    New plan. Two papers due this week. One on Wednesday and one on Thursday. I'm going to stay up all night tonight to do the one for Wednesday so that I don't pull an all-niter two days in a row.

I'm feeling a little better about this. Let's see how well this works.

Sassori on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Good luck!

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Good luck!

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Expect nonsensical rambling as the night progresses.

Sassori on
  • Options
    KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sassori wrote: »
    New plan. Two papers due this week. One on Wednesday and one on Thursday. I'm going to stay up all night tonight to do the one for Wednesday so that I don't pull an all-niter two days in a row.

I'm feeling a little better about this. Let's see how well this works.

i got one due on thursday that i'm working on right now but i think im gonna crap out early tonight and hope i can squeeze in some writing between studying for lab finals.

i totally dropped the ball on this one. feels bad.

Kabitzy on
    W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    but from a different point of view, pulling an all-nighter two nights in a row will make it easier to reset your sleep schedule

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    but from a different point of view, pulling an all-nighter two nights in a row will make it easier to reset your sleep schedule

That's what Easter weekend is for.

Sassori on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't have much work this week. Then I have Friday off. Then I have standardized testing next week which means no work again.

Then AP exams. Then two weeks of bullshit. Then schools out. Yayyyy.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    this semester is going to end with a whimper

between weird scheduling and advising days and so on my classes aren't going to end so much as slowly peter out

like I had my last class in San Francisco Renaissance today, but we're meeting for a reading in two weeks and then the final essay is due a week or two after that

should be weird, just drifting into summer

then whoops I'm moving across the country and starting an internship

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

going 48 or 72 straight no sleep is no easy task and very difficult to write papers that seem sensible/cohesive

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fuck, Easter weekend

Booked a flight for early Saturday morning to fly to my parents', only to later realize "shit, how am I going to get there when the metro and bus aren't running?"

Looks like i'm getting to the airport 10 hours early

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fuck, Easter weekend

Booked a flight for early Saturday morning to fly to my parents', only to later realize "shit, how am I going to get there when the metro and bus aren't running?"

Looks like i'm getting to the airport 10 hours early

Seriously? Neither are running?

I know there was a lot of talk about some huge maintenance plans going on. But I didn't realize that it was going to be that much of an issue.

I have to go home early Friday for an eye doctor appointment anyway. So I'll be stuck in Maryland until Sunday evening.

I might hurt myself.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Neither are running early enough to get me to bwi by 6:30 at the latest, something I should've realized when making my reservation. Which is typical, it was completely me being an idiot. So I'm showing up the night before.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    supershuttle runs to BWI, I'm pretty sure, if you don't mind spending 20 bucks (or so? not sure how far you are) in order to not spend 10 hours in an airport.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    hmmm would like to take 15 hours, can't find any classes that seem to be open, i've managed to get to 12 in an ugly schedule

i mean goddamnit i'm sacrificing my no classes before 10 rule to make this work, i will not throw the no classes on friday to the dogs as well

so i'll sign up for 12, meet with an advisor, see about dropping my minor, and go from there.

of course i could have avoided this mess if maybe i'd signed up for the honors program when i had the chance.

and tomorrow, i finish my project.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have five pages written of a 25 page paper due may 27th. this the earliest I've started anything, ever. it's quite confusing for me.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    wait fuck there's a 20 dollar shuttle to bwi

why didn't I think to look into that I'm looking at an 80 dollar parking fee

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it'd be $40, and at that price I'd much rather just suck it up and sleep at the airport.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    son of a bitch the bus fucking runs to the airport why the fuck wouldn't it

lord I'm dense

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have three papers due the 28th I haven't started on. None are really all too complicated. 5, 5, and 10 and only requiring like 3 sources (bullshitfest). My favorite part of this semester was my adviser never emailing me back after our first meeting. I'm...pretty sure this next semester is set to have all my requirements filled, so long as this class I'm taking this semester counts under 2 different headings at the same time like everybody says it does. Must...graduate...december...

Darkness Mundus on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

going 48 or 72 straight no sleep is no easy task and very difficult to write papers that seem sensible/cohesive

Yeah Dead Legend is right on the money. Your papers will suffer, considerably, from such mental fatigue.

Last year for finals week I pulled something akin to this. Was being worked to my bones and wrote a 15 page paper all night, turned it in and immediately had to start writing another eight page paper. I finished it in time for class, but had to email it to professor because my eyes had started burning.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fuck it. Just going to to to UC Santa Barbara. There, whatever. I'll tell my parents tomorrow and they will be pleased as punch and then I can get to using my spring break to study for the AP tests.

I am expecting to fail the Literature portion because I have failed the practice tests but I don't care anymore.

If I fail the Government I will be saddened but there was a lot to memorize so I will feel reasonably bested.

AP Environmental Science I will be upset.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Marth wrote: »
    Got some good work done on a group project today.

While working with my partner I read online that my house back home was in the area of a brush fire.

Not conducive to getting work done.

hope your house is okay

ps this new registration system sucks hard

Our house was fine. We were worried about my grandma's house, which was on the street where most of the homes were burned to the ground. It's also fine.

Registration was surprisingly easy for me, but I did it first day 8-)

I'm taking backpacking. We get to go to fucking Lost Maples for school. awesome

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    science undergrads freshman to sophomore: take organic chem and pay absolute attention
    it is probably the most important course you will take in undergrad

Tam on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have heard organic chemistry is a pretty difficult course. All my science friends have dreaded/hated it.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    And make sure that your arrows always start on lone pairs or bonds, not charges GOD DAMN IT

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Got some good work done on a group project today.

While working with my partner I read online that my house back home was in the area of a brush fire.

Not conducive to getting work done.

hope your house is okay

ps this new registration system sucks hard

Our house was fine. We were worried about my grandma's house, which was on the street where most of the homes were burned to the ground. It's also fine.

Registration was surprisingly easy for me, but I did it first day 8-)

I'm taking backpacking. We get to go to fucking Lost Maples for school. awesome

see, that is why i wish i was in the honors program. priority registration! as it is, i ain't get no love even if i am a senior after this semester.

t zonugal: and the difficulty level shoots to nigh impossible if you plan on doing it without stimulants, legal or otherwise less than legal

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Science: Serious Business.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    organic is indeed a very difficult course
    I have only come to realize its importance having not done very well in it, and reviewing the material

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    NO GOD DAMN YOU WATER IS H2O NOT O2H AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    ahahaha Baidol way too many people did that. which is to say, more than 0 people.
    were/are you a TA?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Currently a second-year graduate student.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    NO GOD DAMN YOU WATER IS H2O NOT O2H AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2074674240_be26fc7406.jpg

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Neither are running early enough to get me to bwi by 6:30 at the latest, something I should've realized when making my reservation. Which is typical, it was completely me being an idiot. So I'm showing up the night before.

There's always the chance that there will be an earlier flight with an open spot and you can just fly there earlier. Where are you going to?

Sassori on
  • Options
    Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    No really though how could you conceivably fuck that up.

Darkness Mundus on
This discussion has been closed.