As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] Sgrub: Rise Up ==> Day 4

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not really trying to clear my record voting for Sal. More I just wanna put some votes there to draw attention to him, see if I can stir anything up.

And I'm fully on board with Shock G, but some others seem to have trouble with him.

Mafia!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not really trying to clear my record voting for Sal. More I just wanna put some votes there to draw attention to him, see if I can stir anything up.

And I'm fully on board with Shock G, but some others seem to have trouble with him.

Yeah, I figure you're going to be around to make your vote count but some of the others I saw vote may not.

Going !Shock Gee, !Charles Kimbote to keep him in second.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Where did this sudden support for Zerofill come from?

None of the votes in his confidence provide any real information.

Shock G on
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Basically he seems to be opposed to blind faith in you? Beyond that I'dunno.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The point of my vote, at least, was because he suspected the same people as me and there was no way he could get it without being a villager, so I was planning on getting him to 2 votes so I could have a 3rd place who agreed with me.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yes, but he was supporting me earlier today. Why the change?

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

It's. Not. Blind. Faith.

Uuuughhh.

Whoever it was that wanted it, Page 81 has this day's narration on it.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Baidol has been linking to each narrations on the first page too, btw.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011

It's. Not. Blind. Faith.

Uuuughhh.

I'm behind him 100%, I'm just stating what seems to be Zerofill's position.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    !Seriously because my earlier post I edited to make sure it was bolded.

HellaJeff on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

It's. Not. Blind. Faith.

Uuuughhh.

What isn't blind about it? We are supposed to believe that she is good based on some random villager? I'm not saying it should be totally dismissed, but it's absolutely faith

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    did you just call me a she?

I'm flattered

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

It's. Not. Blind. Faith.

Uuuughhh.

What isn't blind about it? We are supposed to believe that she is good based on some random villager? I'm not saying it should be totally dismissed, but it's absolutely faith

Calling it faith is ignoring Shock G's commendable voting record. And Marshmallow is hardly some random villager, though people have to know Marsh better for that to matter.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Shock G wrote: »
    did you just call me a she?

I'm flattered

you made a comment about lady-secrets earlier, I dunno

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I find it pretty doubtful that Marsh would anoint Shock G for no reason. I don't have any concrete info myself but I feel fairly certain he was working the PM box and/or IMing pretty hard yesterday before he bit it, trying to work this out. I mean he basically martyr'd himself to give credibility to his chosen successor.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

It's. Not. Blind. Faith.

Uuuughhh.

Calling it faith is ignoring Shock G's commendable voting record. And Marshmallow is hardly some random villager, though people have to know Marsh better for that to matter.

A "voting record" is not solid evidence of his role. We are vesting faith in him, and it's important to understand that. Marsh may be a particularly bright and active villager, but he's still a villager.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maaaan. When I joke about being a furry girl nobody believes me.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    it is an art, campion

Shock G on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So uhhh

Rawk just told me that the gap between kimbote and third place is narrowing, so

Gonna switch from !Shock to !kinbote I guess?

The way I see it both people are kinda jerks, so it's not that big a difference. Rawk too.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Gonna !Shock G

'cause I don't have an accurate count and just wanna make sure it stays up there.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

It's. Not. Blind. Faith.

Uuuughhh.

A "voting record" is not solid evidence of his role. We are vesting faith in him, and it's important to understand that. Marsh may be a particularly bright and active villager, but he's still a villager.

Granted. I am a bit alarmed by the Zerofill bandwagon potentially knocking you out of 2nd place, however. You are there for a reason. Also the arguments for zerofill are similarly faith-based like Shock's, though with his general activity instead of voting record.

Edit:
    Terrendos wrote: »
    The way I see it both people are kinda jerks, so it's not that big a difference. Rawk too.

I am the jerkiest.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    man I don't know

!HellaJeff

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just got back from classes and I see a little bandwagon has formed against me

Allow me to offer you a defense of myself
    I'd actually go for Sal today if I could really expect a bandwagon to form in the last 1 hour and 30 minutes. He voted for Munkus rather late in the day after switching his vote from unintentional to vopro as a joke (explaining how to change a vote), then swapped to Munkus late when the RMED wagon was getting steam.

I assume you mean TDOT there, first of all

Here is the post I made
    Sal wrote: »
    !Vopro

!Munkus

We got like three people tied one vote behind him and we ought to have a greater margin of safety

Given that it was the first day and we had no real leads, I think it was perfectly justifiable to want to avoid a situation where the black king has to expose himself for no good reason. Munkus was on our side, but he wasn't worth doing that on Day One
    He once again does this on day 2, swapping from a TDOT vote to a voprostein vote at post 1178 to "avoid a tie". Unlike Seriously's vote this is at a point when it matters more.

This is the point where I have to sort of question your integrity. Here is the post I made at the time:
    I find it suspicious that Vopro, who's in danger of getting lynched today, is trying to gin up a bandwagon against RMED, who he saved yesterday

If he really was a mafia and saved RMED yesterday because he was on the same team, sacrificing him today seems like a great way to get attention off yourself

I say we get to the bottom of this

!TDOT

!Vopro

Nowhere do I say that I want to "avoid a tie". I'm curious as to where you got that quote from, because my logic was completely different, as you can see
    He is also voting for Seriously today which is in my opinion the least likely target (see previous reasoning and spreadsheeting offer) cementing my desire to see him gone more.

My vote for Seriously was a placeholder vote, as I had stated. It was also made before he said anything about spreadsheets

I don't have a lot of time before the day ends, but for the moment I'll !Seriously while I look through the thread

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm really scared we've wasted today. I hope I'm wrong and seriously is mafia and we get at least one dead.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If all else fails, Theidar is a likely suspect for being an Alternian.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hope is important

Edcrab I'm sorry I dissed you I didn't mean to

I forgive you

Seriously on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hello once again Boys and Girls! It is I, Doc Scratch. I have a message from our dear leader The Black King tonight. He deems CENTIPEDE DAMASCUS a treasonous wench who must be but to death. That is all.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I forgive

everyone

Seriously on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ok writing that took way longer than I thought, so this isn't going to as informed a choice as I had hoped

I'm going to vote !godmode because his behavior was pretty suspicious

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    close call, sal

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ok writing that took way longer than I thought, so this isn't going to as informed a choice as I had hoped

I'm going to vote ]!godmode because his behavior was pretty suspicious

Damnit Sal if I have unintentionally condemmed an innocent man to inactivus I will be in tears.

*someone* changed their vote "to avoid a tie", it might have been you on day 1 and I'm just getting things mixed up in my exam-addled stress. It could have been someone else entirely though.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I killed Shock G. COME OUT AND FACE ME COWARD! I AM THE ONE TRUE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Vopro did Rawkking. It was a poor move on his part, but a legit mistake as we've seen.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Alright so Sal's voting record is against him but his reasoning is a bit better than I thought before.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    SnitSnit Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i farted

Snit on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What huh?

Yeah, good way to make yourself a massive target

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I find Sal still somewhat suspicious, but his arguments at least exist.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Pharezon wrote: »
    must be butt to death. That is all.

All the butts.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I killed Shock G. COME OUT AND FACE ME COWARD! I AM THE ONE TRUE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE!

perdón?

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So any trolls and/or jack that decided to kill me tonight.

How high will your score be?!

My top death score is being hit by a vig, mafioso, and serial killer on the first day kills were allowed (day 1 had no deaths even to the vote).

can you top it

Rawkking Goodguy on
This discussion has been closed.