Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E PbP IC] Vanguard Tower

SquintsSquints Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Critical Failures
tower.jpg

OOC Thread is here.

Cast:
Spot 1: Tavaros Kahlir, Tiefling Psion (DrDinosaur)
Spot 2: Owein, Kenku Rogue/Sorcerer Hybrid (Lord Palington)
Spot 3: Crylin, Revenant Battlemind (skarsol)
Spot 4: Helwig, Dwarf Barbarian (DaMoonRulz)
Spot 5: Eison Tal'reth, Human Cleric (Swordstone)

Background:
A man named Douven Staul has taken the party under his wing with the intent of training you all into an adventuring group. He has the dream of creating a mercenary company singular entities and governments can hire for various activities. Some of you may have known one another for years or as few as six months - long enough that you trust each other in a battle.

Staul has learned of dragon's tomb near Winterhaven, a small village a few days away. A dragon's tomb means a dragon's hoarde, does it not? With the hope of treasure (and an instant influx of money to really get this mercenary company rolling), he heads to Winterhaven.

That was three months ago.

Something has obviously happened to your mentor, and it's up to you to find out what.

Quest and his party set out to find Douven. After rescuing their mentor, a plot to open The Shadowfell was uncovered. Battling their way down through the keep and revealing ancient mysteries, including the tragic events that led to the keep being abandoned, Quest and his companions defeated the necromancer Kalarel and brought peace to the surrounding areas - for now. As any seasoned adventurer will tell you, necromancers rarely stay dead for very long.

The adventuring company has changed since they defeated the evil Kalarel and blocked the scourge he attempted to bring forth. The founders that tread those dark halls around the Shadowfell opening now adventure with their own groups, spreading the word of their company and earning money. Thus far, Douven's leadership has held - even as politicos begin to keep their eye on him and his growing influence.

Despite the change in power and wealth, Douven has always been loyal to his friends. It's that reason that a female druid appears in the door of the small barracks that houses the adventuring group: Darcaryn Arroway.

OOC:
Feel free to choose a text color for your posts, if you feel it helps differentiate everyone. I'd like a stat block at some point (preferably before the first encounter) that looks something like this:

HP #; Bloodied # Initiative +#
AC #, Fortitude #, Reflex #, Will # PP +# PI +#

PP and PI are your passive Perception and Passive Insight.

It can be easier to keep track of the use of your powers if you make a second block like this:

At-will 1
At-will 2

Encounter 1
[strike]Encounter 2[/strike]
Heal #1
Heal #2

Daily
Daily Utility

Etc...

And plug in the names of your powers. The power block is optional, however.

Squints on
«1345

Posts

  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Helwig: Dwarven Barbarian
    HP 50; Bloodied 25, Initiative +2
    AC 17, Fortitude 20, Reflex 14, Will 13 PP +11 PI +11

    DaMoonRulz on
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Owen, Kenku Sorcerer/Rogue
    HP 38 Bloodied 19 Initiative +6
    AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 18 Will 18 PP 13 PI 13
    Powers

    Sly Flourish
    Burning Spray

    Dazing Strike
    Flame Spiral
    Sneak in the Attack

    Dazzling Ray

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tavaros Kahlir, Tiefling Psion

    HP: 45; Bloodied: 22; Initiative: +3
    AC: 19, Fort 15, Ref 17, Will 18, PP +17, PI +17
    Resist 7 Fire
    [4 Power Points]
    Force Punch
    Memory Hole
    Betrayal

    Infernal Wrath
    Telepathic Projection
    Send Thoughts
    Distract
    Transport Self

    DrDinosaur on
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It is a usual evening in the barracks: Douven is cleaning up in the kitchen area after a hearty meal, and the group is deciding on their activities before they head to bed. The door to the open room is pressed open quickly, a cloaked figure steeping in. The dark brown cloak has marks of forest travel on it; burrs and broken leaves cling to the woolly material. The hood is pressed back over a crown of long hair, allowing the light to reveal a middle-aged human female.

    "Hello boys," the druid muses passing you all on her way to the kitchen, where her keen sense of hearing has drawn her to Douven. There is some chatter, but it's difficult to hear over the washing of dishes. The duo exits the kitchen side-by-side.

    "Gather up," says Douven. "Looks like you have your first job. And as such, you'll do it for little or no direct payment." He laughs throatily before continuing, "Although towers once owned by renowned bandits must have something of value within them. Darcaryn?"

    The druid takes over, "To the Northwest there is a tower that once belonged to the Cats of Thleen
    (history check). I was tending to my nearby grove when a little birdie told me of a group approaching the tower. It was then that I observed a band of gnolls carrying cages that held rust monsters... and being led by a beholder. The current number of rust monsters is not enough to cause alarm, but I'd wager that the purpose they brought the monsters to that tower was to multiply them.

    She looks over your equipment, "Hmm... so much metal. I hope you all are prepared to dodge, rather than block."

    Douven nods, "Right. I think you can handle this menace before it becomes a problem for the city, right?" There's a pause. "Have you at least decided on a name for your adventuring group, yet?"

    Squints on
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    History: 1d20+2 3

    Owein had never heard of the group, which didn't surprise him at all. He looked up from the table.

    "Rust monsters and a beholder, and no coins to speak of for this venture? Is this perhaps a hatchling only weeks old, or is this a jest?"

    Perhaps Owein meant his voice to be so harsh, but it was exceedingly difficult to force the common tongue past his beak with any eloquence. The druid could deal with it, he supposed.

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • SwordstoneSwordstone Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Eison Tal'reth, Human Cleric

    HP: 32; Bloodied: 16; Initiative: +2
    AC: 20, Fort 17, Ref 13, Will 18, PP 15, PI 20
    Prayers
    Righteous Brand
    Sacred Flame
    Priest's Shield

    Healing Word 1
    Healing Word 2
    Healer's Mercy
    Healing Strike
    Daunting Light

    Avenging Flame
    Cure Light Wounds
    [item pwr] wedding ring
    [item pwer] Morningstar

    Swordstone on
  • SwordstoneSwordstone Registered User
    edited April 2011
    History: 1+1 =2
    Oh god. First two skill checks in the game are crit fails. Fantastic.

    Eison furrowed his brow in confusion. Cats of Thleen sounded like some kind of meal. Not that Eison condoned the consumption of cats, but he figured cat spleens were probably a delicacy somewhere. Nonetheless, that was not his primary concern.

    "Rust monsters? Those're a type of dragon, right? With all due respect, Mr. Staul, are you sure we're properly equipped to fight dragons?"

    Swordstone on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    History 20+2 =22
    Well I used up my one good roll

    Helwig guffaws when the druid suggests dodging. "I'll swing my axe until it rusts away into nothingness. And when that happens, I'll bludgeon 'em with the handle, and when that turns into splinters I'll beat them with my fists."

    The dwarf moves over to stand near Owein, and mock whispers making sure everyone hears, "I'm still waiting for her to get to the bad news."

    DaMoonRulz on
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    History: 1d20+6: 22

    Tavaros nods, some vague recollection of the Cats forming in his mind, before the mention of Gnoll bandits yanked him back into the conversation.
    "Bandits? Rust monsters? Hah!" He cracked his knuckles, emitting a brief flare of psionic energy. "They will fall before the might of Tavaros Kahlir! Although, uh, I don't think I've ever fought a beholder before...are you quite certain that the tower will hold some sort of monetary compensation?"

    DrDinosaur on
  • SwordstoneSwordstone Registered User
    edited April 2011
    "Yes," Eison nodded in confirmation, "If we are to be put up against such trials on our first expedition, I would like to negotiate payment before we begin. We are not here looking for mere opportunities, Mr. Staul. You know what we are capable of. We are worth the investment."

    Diplomacy: 15+8= 23

    Swordstone on
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tavaros spread his hands. "Look Boss, I'll head out there on your say-so. I just want to be sure that when I punch out the Beholder, there will be adequate rewards."
    He turned next to the Druid.
    "Speaking of the Beholder, what can you tell me of the group? How many strong were they, and what manner of weapons did they wield?"

    DrDinosaur on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "Proving our worth to Kord is its own reward," he pauses and sucks on his teeth, trying to get the last bits of steak out. "But...expanding our operations could provide a steadier stream of income."

    Helwig looks to Darcaryn, "Where is this tower located and what kind of shape is it in? We may have use of the tower ourselves, once we take it from the current residents."

    DaMoonRulz on
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Helwig and Tavaros: (And others, if they share the information)
    The Cats of Thleen are a group of bandits who walk the fine line between being folk heroes and outlaws. A person must have ended at least nine lives to join the Cats. The group targets the rich and others they believe can stand to lose some gold pieces, but they don’t always give to the poor. In essence, the Cats of Thleen serve themselves first and others second.

    They understand the importance of allies, however, so they do a good job of staying in the good graces of the common folk. The Cats live simply in the woods, but every month they take a chunk of their ill-gotten gains and spread them around the nearest town. Innkeepers and blacksmiths aren’t likely to sell out rogues if they want to stay well-paid. Also, those willing to pursue the thieves into the dangerous forests are either foolhardy enough to get themselves killed or brave enough the Cats might want them as part of the gang.

    Today, nobody knows what happened to the Cats of Thleen. Their activities dropped off dramatically a few months ago, so now people suspect that something has happened to them.

    Eison's Diplomacy:

    Douven looks towards the group, "The tower was previously held by bandits, who have since mysteriously disappeared. Surely some of their ill-gotten gains still reside in the building. If that is not enough to persuade you, I do have connections with the smiths in the city. I can ensure that they mend anything destroyed by the rust monsters - or perhaps make something else entirely, if you have all of the parts. That goes especially for any magical items."

    He then sighs, turning to look into his record books. "Let's see... well, I suppose since I am giving you a mission like this... I can part with some gold. In addition to the room and board I so generously give you." He flashes a wink at the druid before regarding you all. "300 gold pieces each. I can work out a bonus if you find out what the beholder is up to."

    Tavaros' Investigation:

    Darcaryn pipes up, "I saw six gnolls, carrying various boxes and 2 rust monster cages. Fairly tribal, so I would expect simple weapons and leather armor. The beholder was up front - only one of those." She closes her eyes, recalling the scene. "I would not expect more gnolls to show up - this group was intent on remaining small. I have never investigated the tower, but I assumed The Cats left traps - hopefully a few gnolls tripped them before the beholder could disarm them."

    Squints on
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Owein nods."I think we can work with that."

    Though he seemed pleased with the deal (but not worried in the least about broken metal equipment), his voice was no less harsh than before.

    He stands, "No need to wait any longer. I'll be gathering my things."

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Helwig nods as well, but chooses to remain silent and simply head for his bunk to gather his belongings.

    As he walked he considered the briefing they'd received and carefully calculated strategies to fight the enemies they'd encounter at the tower. Best way to deal with a Gnoll? Best to charge it, then lop its head off with my axe . Ah, but how about the Rust Monsters? I should probably charge it and kill it before it damages my axe too much .

    Helwig was a bit more concerned by the Beholder; he'd never actually faced one, but he'd heard enough stories to not take on too lightly. Better use stealth against it. I'll make sure not to shout as I charge it and hack at the beast with my axe. Do I need new tactics? Pah, the charge and chop method hasn't let me down yet

    DaMoonRulz on
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Monsters!
    You can make dungeoneering checks to to see if your character recalls anything about the monsters. One roll per monster, and you have to be trained in it.

    Squints on
  • SwordstoneSwordstone Registered User
    edited April 2011
    "Excellent news. I'm glad we could work this out. Now if you'll excuse me, I, too, should be gathering my things," Eison turned and then paused, "I, uh, don't suppose you've received any word on Liza yet, Mr Staul?"

    Swordstone on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As he listens to the others talk, Crylin searches his memory for any knowledge of the people or creatures being discussed and finds nothing. He wasn't surprised. Downing the rest of his ale, he enjoys the taste while silently mourning the fact that the alcohol doesn't really affect him in such small quantities anymore. Or, at least, he assumes it's 'anymore'. Less than the others at least.

    As it seemed the details of the task had been established, Crylin raises his head up from his mug and meets Douven's eyes, "300 gold then." Standing slowly, he looks over the preparations of the others, "We leave tonight?"
    HP 53; Bloodied 26 Initiative +6
    AC 21, Fortitude 18, Reflex 19, Will 5 PP 12 PI 12
    4 Power Points
    Battlemind's Demand (Mi)
    Blurred Step (F)
    Mindspike (IR)
    World-Slipping Advance (S)
    Bull's Strength (S)
    Shade Strike (S)

    Dark Reaping (F)
    Persistent Harrier (IR)

    Accelerating Strike (S)
    Oaken Resilience (Mi)
    Addergrease Hide Armor (IR)
    Ghost Dance Longsword (IR)

    skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tavaros snapped his fingers. "Ah yes, the Cats. Bunch of self-righteous bandits, and a murderous lot as well. Hopefully these Gnolls are just using the tower out of convenience, and not an agreement with the Cats." He nodded at the druid, "Thanks you for the information, lady, and for your generous offer, Mr. Staul."

    He stood up, watching as the group made their way to their quarters. "It appears my companions are itching for action, and, I must confess, I as well." He paused as the Revenant poses the question. "I can be ready to depart tonight. I will be in my tent, should the rest decide the same."

    Tavaros walked to the entrance and bowed. "In any case, I take my leave of you, good sirs, and madam." Then, just to be flashy, he teleported to his tent. Well. His first mercenary contract. This should be interesting.

    DrDinosaur on
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The druid nods, "Such well behaved men, Douven. Obviously they do not take after you." She laughs softly, "Now, if you excuse me, I have a grove to tend. I will be watching you all, but do not expect intervention. I am curious, and I want you to succeed, but I have little desire to be caught up in battle." As she steps through the door, there is a moment one can see a dark jungle cat - but it is just a moment and it is quickly gone.

    As the group sleeps, Douven makes sure they are prepared by putting together their adventuring packs. Thus, when you all awaken, you are prepared to travel under the relative safety of dawn.

    The journey itself is uneventful, perhaps even relaxing compared to everyday training. After a few hours, you see the top of the tower.

    The rectangular tower juts out of the ground approximately 50 feet, combining natural and structured features in unusual ways. Its sides are like craggy rock faces rather than smooth chiseled stone. Windows in the sides of the structure look like natural alcoves, yet the sun glints off glass set within each alcove. Two large doors at the base of the tower open into darkness, and the sounds of pick and shovel on stone echo within the structure.

    Squints on
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tavaros craned his neck back, gaping at the huge stone structure. It looked like some twisted architecture plucked from the Nine Hells, not of this world. He shuddered. Among the many rumors and legends surrounding the Cats of Thleen, he didn't recall any that claimed they had infernal connections. Which was just fine with Tavaros; he really didn't feel like meeting any demons who might have known his ancestors.

    "So, shall we head in and see who's home? Or should we try something more stealthy? Those doors look like the only way in, so we're going to need the element of surprise to get everyone inside, or some way to lure those," he spat the word, "bandits, outside."

    DrDinosaur on
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Owein checked his person for his various good luck charms. Finding them all in place, he let out a sigh.

    "I can help get in quietly, or even draw some of them out. If someone's watching the door though, I can't get through it without drawing some attention." He coughed at the effort of speaking so much at once. He'd let the brains figure this one out, and find his place in the battle like always. Kord made sure of that.

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Helwig gently ran his finger along the axe's blade but it was sharp enough that blood was drawn. He pressed the thumb against the side of the axe head and nodded, "My axe has tasted blood and craves more. I'm inclined to give it to 'er."

    The dwarf dug his feet into the ground and gripped his weapon tighter, "It'd be mighty hard for a sentry to call for help if his head is three feet away from his body before he knows what's what. I say we crash through the door and kill whoever's inside before they can react." The blood thrummed through his veins, now, giving his face the same rosy appearance one would expect to see after knocking back a few goblets of ale.

    DaMoonRulz on
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Crylin listens to the debate over how to assault the tower with some confusion, "Why don't we just walk in? Pretend to be lost?" More an act for some than others.

    skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    A sputtering noise could be heard coming from the dwarf as Crylin's plan bounced around his head. His mouth opened and closed several times, before he said in the quiet, deliberate manner of someone definitely about to lose their temper, "How about you walk in and pretend to be lost. I'll come charging in while you keep their backs to the door and we'll dispatch them that way."

    He turned to look at the assembled Superdudes with his eyebrows raised seeking consent.

    DaMoonRulz on
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "Okay." Crylin dismounts from his horse and, leading it by the reins, heads towards the open doors.

    skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Owein is impressed with the simplicity of the con. He follows in, using his staff as a traveler's walking stick, hardly a mystic implement or a deadly weapon in its own right.

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Crylin sees:
    The base of the tower is a mess. What was once a welcoming area is now little more than a junk room. Smashed statues litter the floor. Beautiful tapestries lie tattered on the ground or have been used to tie off rough mining equipment. You hear the guttural noises of conversation within the room (do you understand Deep Speech?). Before you stand three Duergar, busily digging away at the rough and jagged stone that makes up the tower's floor. They are too busy in their feverish work to notice the Battlemind.


    MAP:
    map1.jpg

    Squints on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Crylin quietly hitches his horse to the door and then holds up three fingers to the rest of his party.

    skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tavaros frowned. "Those don't look like gnolls. Of course, they don't look friendly, either. Best to get them out of the way quickly." He nodded at the Revenant. "I'm ready."

    DrDinosaur on
  • SwordstoneSwordstone Registered User
    edited April 2011
    "Hold, my friends. These bald-headed dwarves may hold no prejudice against us. Allow me to speak with them."

    Eison stepped forward into the tower, a cheery grin on his face, eager to speak with the miners.

    Diplomacy: 17=9+8

    "Good day, gentlemen! I am Eison and I represent the Superdudes, these intrepid adventurers you see before you," he gestures to the rest of the group, "Might we be allowed passage into this tower? We wish to bring justice upon the heads of a beholder and his gnoll minions and believe they hold the upper levels of this tower."

    Swordstone on
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    With a sigh, Tavaros mentally braced himself.
    If possible, I would like to ready an action. If the Duregar move to attack Eison, I will use Betrayal against the enemy closest to him at that time.

    DrDinosaur on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    With a sigh, Helwig physically braced himself.
    I'd like to charge in and attack the unnumbered duergar, but I dont know if we need to do init.

    DaMoonRulz on
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The guttural chatter drops off suddenly. The Duergar turn to look at Eison, one of the miners spits on the ground when he hears common language from the lips of the Cleric. The Dwarf then suddenly rushes by the Cleric!

    The sound of work comes to a stop, replaced by a slow rhythmic thumping. Duergar mash their tools on the ground, creating a deafening beat in the room.

    Suddenly, the windows seal close and the doors slam shut. The only thing you hear is the angry pounding. The only thing you see in the darkness is the glow of seven pairs of eyes.

    The rest of the group is left staring at the pair of closed doors, two of their companions inside.

    Roll initiative.

    Map:
    8t8f-1mIhGpz1aHUA8Jcusv3XH7rdca7E-CnqpEzMxHwbmlFb0lvk-35JY0SYoqA6L2PbdHHEwyxgbJKFSQcnPHzVw=s512

    Helwig will have a surprise action (his charge on "Miner"). We will then follow the initiative order.

    Squints on
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Initiative: 1d20+6 11

    Owein jumps as the door slams down, it will take a moment to gather himself and react.

    Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Initiative: 1d20+3=17

    Tavaros' concentration is suddenly interrupted by the sudden slamming of the doors. This was an unwelcome development. The original plan would have theoretically worked. They could have even worked with the surprising development of that fool cleric walking in. But this little arcane wrinkle really annoyed him. Grasping for a plan, he found his information lacking and his anger rising. He struggled to control the fire building up in his veins, and forced a smile that came out looking more like a grimace.
    "Well. That was...unexpected. I suppose we should aid our companions. And that means getting these infernal doors open."
    He took a deep breath to calm himself. Anger wouldn't help him here; he needed a clear mind, or he would only get in the way.

    DrDinosaur on
  • SwordstoneSwordstone Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Initiative:1d20+2=7

    Surprised at the hostility being displayed, it took Eison a moment to get his hands on his morningstar.

    "Fine, you fools. If you wish to fight, we shall give you a fight. In the name of Liza, my beloved wife, you will die this day!"

    Swordstone on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Initiative: 1d20+6 11

    skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • SwordstoneSwordstone Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Arcana (1d20+6=20) to understand how the windows doors closed and if they can be opened.

    Swordstone on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Surprise!
    1d20+10= 27 1d12r2+1d6+8+2 (forgot to add powerful charge) = 24

    Helwig charged in, paying no heed to the sound of the doors slamming shut behind him. It'd been too long since he'd faced a foe who wasn't stuffed full of sand. A howl of fury bounced around the room as Helwig attacked the Duergar in front of him, "Best open the door back up, otherwise you'll be stuck in here with me!"

    Initiative: 1d20+2 = 21

    DaMoonRulz on
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.