As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEλM] - Cthulhu Saves the World is Coming to Steam

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I wonder which will get finished first. Black Mesa, Freeman's Mind or Episode 3.

The answer is: none.

urahonky on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Yeah, in the future, m brings up your clipboard, with the compass pointing to where you need to go

D'oh. Really? Why would they ...

Well, that simplifies things.

Having not played the game for months before this... I completely forgot about this. Now I'm using it a lot.

initiatefailure on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I like that implementation. Navigating dark caverns was a choice for easy navigation with the compass but leaving yourself open to attacks.

Alegis on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't mind the taking a long ass time on Ep 3 so much as the complete lack of any noise about it at all :P Valve doesn't seem to like to release something unless they are doing something new with the tech - maybe they're having a hard time figuring out what they want to add at this point?

LockeCole on
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh man, Fate of the World is great. Took three tries to beat the first (African) scenario, then was doing pretty well on the second until India kicked me out (didn't hire agents there for too long, so they were already on pretty bad terms).

All the win conditions were pretty much set (HDI over 0.7 in everything, oil production well above the required minimum)... until India reopened to me two turns before the deadline, with a 0.4 HDI.

:(

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So when I launched steam today it wanted me to add my computer... again. I just did that yesterday. This isn't going to be a pattern is it?

It only needed activated once on my laptop.

initiatefailure on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ayulin wrote: »
    Oh man, Fate of the World is great. Took three tries to beat the first (African) scenario, then was doing pretty well on the second until India kicked me out (didn't hire agents there for too long, so they were already on pretty bad terms).

All the win conditions were pretty much set (HDI over 0.7 in everything, oil production well above the required minimum)... until India reopened to me two turns before the deadline, with a 0.4 HDI.

My initial expansion of HDI is "human death index". This is both morbid and terribly funny.

What does it actually stand for?

Tamin on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Zxerol wrote: »
    I played it two years ago!

But no, after seven (and counting) years of development, who knows when it's coming out. DNF will beat it out the door at this rate.

Fair's fair though, for a complete, 100% fanmade game, it looks incredibly good.

Yeah it's never coming out

I mean shit, it's last twitter update was in January

of 2010

I find it funny how they refer to the project as ON SCHEDULE on the forums. Wasn't this supposed to be out 2009?

No no no. See, they have an "internal release date" and everything is going according to their internal, undisclosed schedule!

So don't worry!

To be fair its not like haven't been putting work into it http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bms

Ohtsam on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

My initial expansion of HDI is "human death index". This is both morbid and terribly funny.

It's the human development index.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Human Development Index. It was a win condition (well, a "lose condition" where if you don't meet or beat it by the specified date, you lose) in the two campaigns I tried so far.

In retrospect I probably spent too much time actually trying to counteract climate change and all the disasters it brought instead of actually trying to meet the scenario goals. It's kind of a funny disconnect between the role you're supposed (or at least, I expected) to be playing and the actual game objectives.

EDIT: beaten in way less words.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011

Ah, that would make more sense

Tamin on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, pushing the human death index up higher would be sort of counterproductive.

TychoCelchuuu on
    edited April 2011
    not if you're playing as SkyNet!

new idea: mod Fate of the World to allow scenarios in which players run SkyNet and other apocalyptic organizations.

Tamin on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thread title is a lie. Steam has ALWAYS been better than PSN.

ALWAYS.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Should be "Now even more better than PSN" really.

LewieP on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, in other digital distribution news, today's daily sale on Direct2Drive is, as expected, Bulletstorm for 50% off.

The weekend 25% off "bunny" code stacks on top of this to bring the cost down to $22.49 (plus tax for some of us geographically unfortunate folks).

I'm tempted since I enjoyed the demo, but something makes me feel that Bulletstorm is going to join Just Cause 2 and Metro 2033 in the "suddenly on sale for under $10 every other week" club sooner rather than later.

Lawndart on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Also when it's on a super cheap Steam sale there will be a lot more new players to play the MP mode with.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »
    So, in other digital distribution news, today's daily sale on Direct2Drive is, as expected, Bulletstorm for 50% off.

The weekend 25% off "bunny" code stacks on top of this to bring the cost down to $22.49 (plus tax for some of us geographically unfortunate folks).

I'm tempted since I enjoyed the demo, but something makes me feel that Bulletstorm is going to join Just Cause 2 and Metro 2033 in the "suddenly on sale for under $10 every other week" club sooner rather than later.

I bought the full game a couple of weeks ago after having tried the demo. I don't regret it at all, despite having paid full price for it. I had a blast playing through it. Although I stopped after having gotten three stars on every level, the score attack mode is good too.

The multiplayer mode is neat, but there's no text chat and the voice chat is the absolutely awful sounding GFWL.

Peewi on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The fact that Duke Nukem Forever will be released before Episode 3 is a sign that we live in a perverse universe.
    Spoit wrote: »
    Yeah, in the future, m brings up your clipboard, with the compass pointing to where you need to go

I read this not as "for future reference" but "in the year 2033" and it was much funnier until I realized what was going on.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Ah, that would make more sense

I'm stuck on that one, actually.

Got the HDI on Africa and Middle East to over 0.7, but damn India refused to get better. Best I did was get them to 0.6 and that was after they jumped from 0.46 to that from one turn to another.

Need to find a way to offload more Tech support to them or something.

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Decoy wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Morkath wrote: »
    Man I can't believe the original Half-Life is still ten bucks

I don't want to pay ten bucks for a game I've owned since before Steam existed ffffff

Why would you need to pay for a game you own?

Do they not let you redeem HL keys anymore?

It is in another city and I have no idea where it is actually located in that house

And I loaned it to a friend of mine when I was in like sixth grade and I'm pretty sure he put it on his steam account all those years ago.

While I don't have HL1 or HL1:Source to give out, I do have Blue Shift if you want that?

INeedNoSalt, I have both HL and HL:S if you want either of them. Just shoot Rienen a Steam request. Or PM me an email to shoot both or one of them off to.

You guys are lovely. I'll toss out a PM to you, Decoy.

I played Blue Shift at some point eons ago and don't remember liking it much but I appreciate the offer Icemopper!

I suppose I should make up for this generosity by offering you guys my two copies of Plain Sight if either of you are interested ... it's a fun little game if people are still playing it.

INeedNoSalt on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I approve of the new thread title. :^:

subedii on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I wonder which will get finished first. Black Mesa, Freeman's Mind or Episode 3.

I still can't believe that crysis mechwarrior mod actually came out

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm still pretty amazed Shotgun Sunrise came out.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is going to be an amazing year for PC gaming. Portal 2, Rage, Skyrim, Torchlight 2, and quite likely Diablo 3.

EggPuppet on
    edited April 2011
    EggPuppet wrote: »
    This is going to be an amazing year for PC gaming. Portal 2, Rage, Skyrim, Torchlight 2, and quite likely Diablo 3.

Most of those are multiplatform anyway aren't they?

But yeah, I agree.

There's also The Witcher 2. And DOTA 2. And Red Orchestra 2. And Battlefield 3. And Mass Effect 3. And Deus Ex 3.

This is shaping up to be a pretty nutty year again.

subedii on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As much as there are a lot of awesome games coming out this year, Deus Ex really is my big hope.

Everything they've shown and the previews I've read suggest it to be a proper sequel in spirit to the first game and I really don't want to be disappointed.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    edited April 2011
    and I've just order myself a shiny new Peeeee Seeeeeee.

Squeeeeeee!

LewieP on
    edited April 2011
    Man I just realised that Batman: Arkham City is ALSO coming out late this year.

Seriously, so many awesome games, why do they have to clump up so?

EDIT: I take it you got a good deal on that? :P

subedii on
  • EggPuppetEggPuppet Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    subedii wrote: »

Most of those are multiplatform anyway aren't they?

The first three, but I couldn't imagine playing any of them anywhere but the PC. Portal is made for mouse aiming, Rage is a graphical powerhouse that won't look its best on anything less, and Skyrim's appeal is going to be at least half in the mods.

EggPuppet on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm going to keep on pretending that nothing other than Mass Effect 3 will be released this year.

Otherwise my wallet will murder me in my sleep.

Lawndart on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »
    I'm going to keep on pretending that nothing other than Mass Effect 3 will be released this year.

Otherwise my wallet will murder me in my sleep.

I thought we were talking about PC games here :P

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • weeskweeweeskwee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Skyrim is already my GOTY. There is no way that it won't be. Love me some Elder Scrolls. :)

weeskwee on
    Nintendo Network ID: weeskwee
    XBL Gamertag: weeskwee
    PSN: weeskwee
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    weeskwee wrote: »

Skyrim is already my GOTY. There is no way that it won't be. Love me some Elder Scrolls. :)

Really?

Did you ... did you play Oblivion?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    LewieP wrote: »
    and I've just order myself a shiny new Peeeee Seeeeeee.

Squeeeeeee!

Hi5! I built mine a little while ago, bout 2 months maybe. Still need a graphics card but it is fantastic. Games are so cheap! (And I buy more of them so it all balances out)

Big Classy on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    my processor is getting a little old now, 2.1 ghz dual core (e6400)

Still - seems to be doing fine for now. Witcher might require some overclocking though
    edit: apparently the model is almost 5 years old now

Alegis on
    edited April 2011

I kind of pushed the boat out a bit, since I've basically got more disposable income than I've ever had before right now, and since I spend so much time on my PC it's worth getting a good one.

Paid £1300. Got:

2.66ghz i7
    16gb of ram
    2x5870.
    256gb SSD.

Tis an alienware. Wouldn't have paid their normal (ridiculous) prices, but I got it from the dell outlet. That means I didn't get to pick out all the components myself (seriously, who needs 16gb of ram?) but I got it at a heavy discount. List price would have been over £2k, and building a simialar spec pc myself would have cost a bit more too.

Arrives on the 6th, can't wait.

LewieP on
  • lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

How can you forget The Old Republic? That and Diablo 3 will keep me up for days.

lostprophet on
    Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    LewieP wrote: »

I kind of pushed the boat out a bit, since I've basically got more disposable income than I've ever had before right now, and since I spend so much time on my PC it's worth getting a good one.

Paid £1300. Got:

2.66ghz i7
    16gb of ram
    2x5870.
    256gb SSD.

Tis an alienware. Wouldn't have paid their normal (ridiculous) prices, but I got it from the dell outlet. That means I didn't get to pick out all the components myself (seriously, who needs 16gb of ram?) but I got it at a heavy discount. List price would have been over £2k, and building a simialar spec pc myself would have cost a bit more too.

Arrives on the 6th, can't wait.

jesus christ man that's so much excessiveness

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2011
    It is also a tax write off.

Edit: and plan to pay for it by doing a bit more writing for a certain PC games web site that offers me money in exchange for words.

LewieP on
This discussion has been closed.