As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX registration (credit card entry) broken. :(

kylajoekylajoe Registered User new member
edited April 2011 in PAX Archive
No no no, I was able to register, BUT as I was entering my credit card information, I realized that I hadn't put in my 3 digit security code. I expected the page to refresh and come back demanding that info, BUT, it didn't. I got my registration number, card was charged.

This would indicate to me that anyone with just a credit card number but not the 3 digit security code, would be able to register for PAX. It's still early in the process, so it can still be fixed. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough for the right email address to send to, but I haven't found one yet. Does anyone here know who involved with PAX would be interested in this info?

kylajoe on

• Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Whoa what? Investigating!

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Additional information: I needed to get a second ticket and this time (this morning) I intentionally didn't fill in the security code info, got my second registration completed, no rejection of not having that data filled in.

kylajoe on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Why the heck would you post a thread about this on the forums? Email this kind of thing..

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    As I said, I looked at the email addresses readily available and none of them seemed appropriate. I even sent an email to one but, as indicated, it hasn't been fixed.

I didn't want to continue searching for an email, but I didn't want some more nefarious folks using this information against the great folks who run and support PAX, that's why I highlighted it here. I'm hoping it gets to the right people but, in case it doesn't, could you use the email contacts you have to make sure it gets to them?

kylajoe on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Kylajoe, it already has gotten to the right people. Heels is that people.

zerzhul on
This discussion has been closed.