As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

mass effect magazine ad

mrmrmrmr nameless protagonistRegistered User regular
edited April 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Compared to some actual problems in this forum, this is nothing, but I've been searching for a while.

Back when the first Mass Effect came out, I remember a magazine ad for it where it has the PCs looking up at the stars, but each star has a caption to the effect of "Transmission lost" or "SOS" or "Send Reinforcements" or stuff to that effect. I have been searching the net for it, and google hasn't turned anything up besides dead links. I want it because I'm in quite the ME kick right now and, if it is how I remember, I'd like to make a banner signature with this pic.

If anyone can work their interwebs magic it'd be great. Tho I've had no luck so far.

Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
p4.png
mrmr on

• InAmberCladInAmberClad Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    is this the one you're looking for? I'm struggling to find it any larger, but seeing it may jog someone's memory

fullZZZZZZPRW071201025423PIC.jpg

the tag line was "Dilemma doesn't begin to describe it"

under each of those blurry star lines was the message you mentioned i believe. if you run it through tineye it gives a slightly differently oriented version which is slightly clearer, but still tiny.

InAmberClad on
  • mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah thanks that's it exactly! Maybe with the tagline I can find a higher res version.

Tho it may not work as much as I thought.

mrmr on
    p4.png
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I did a search on TinEye and it only returned one image that isn't of any use.

When did the campaign run? I have a ton of back issues of Edge sitting right here and I'll have a flick through the relevant issues to see if it's in there if you want.

EDIT: Ah, I only have them going back to late 08. Sorry.

EDIT 2: A Google for "mass effect dilemma advert" turns up this thread on the first page...

EDIT 3: Found it in a PDF on a magazine scan someone uploaded to Scribd. Bear with me and I'll upload it here.

EDIT4: Here it is.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Aw hell thanks alot! Such a neat ad. I'll definetly make use of this.

mrmr on
    p4.png