Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    We are?
    I can't guarantee I'll make it. Apologize to the guys for me if necessary.

As an aside, T-44 is not just getting the LB-1, which was insane enough. It's also getting another engine. O_O Seriously, I already love that tank. More firepower and maneuverability? Seriously now, I will HAPPILY rape Type 59s at will if that's what they're going for.

Doesn't surprise me. As it stands, even fully-upgraded T-44s with the long-85/100 mm are easy prey for Type 59s (I know I love going after them). Especially with the ammo racking issue. Add to the fact that you're going to make more money in the later no matter what, and they have to add further incentive, I say, especially if you'r entering the cash-strapped area of Tier 8s, 9s, and 10s for the first time, and don't have anything to fall back on (I know I was this way not long ago).

EDIT: My premium will be out by tomorrow--probably for better, I think I'm better off leaving the game for a while. My performance has just gone to shit the last month--four T-54 losses in a row, followed by 3 the next week, which I apparently I'm not recovering from no matter how many battles I fight in it. Add to that generally mediocre performance in everything else, and I can't be bothered to grind with the Ferdinand anymore.

Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    We won the first round with three wins and a draw. We fought a team that was sub-optimal with two selections, though, and they basically gave away the second game with a terrible comp.

• BastableBastable Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The Derm wrote:
    I will express equal parts good wishes and jealousy.
    If it isn't a trade secret, I would be curious to know what team make up will look like.
    I expect to see a lot of pimped out PzIV's and T-50's

More like KV's and t50s Tier 5 remember :), Our first opponent had a PIV, nice and accurate but KV's can pretty much two shot it and the T50 can penetrate it. T50s and the enemies lepords cannot penetrate a KV unless they're shooting at the rear turret door.

Bastable on
    Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• The DermThe Derm Registered User
    I would have thought that the KV might be too slow, and that you could just bugger off, until you got help.
    My PzIV has 100% camo and binos, so I usually kill the KV before it even sees me.

How about arty? a single well hidden su-26 could be a game changer.

Good Job so far, keep it up

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
    Such a heavy burden now to be the one
    Born to bare and read to all the details of our ending
    To write it down for all the world to see
    But I forgot my pen...
    edited November 2011
    Arty does not cause enough damage to Kv's, Not in 5vs 5 with things like lepords and t50s running around. We tested with M37's that cause more damage than Su-26 and it was just not effective enough.

A PIV with camo and binos is no good versus KV bushed up with t50s and SPG spotting our last match proved a PIV was just not survivable against a wall of KV's and scouts.

PIV at best is 390hp vurses KV guns that hit for 300 or 700. It is not even close.

Bastable on
    Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    have they added new game modes yet?

• ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    Pz IV hydro is just bleh, totally not going to be worth 2500 gold for that.

steam_sig.png
    Woop woop, won the second round. This team had a better comp, but they made some decisions that caused them to unfold.

• lostprophetlostprophet Registered User
    I'll post a video of one of our matches when I get them uploaded maybe you guys will enjoy watching it. We'll see

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I logged in an hour ago and noticed you guys won. I'm glad it's going alright.
    I'm still sorry I've been pretty much out and out useless/unreliable, but ... yeah, I really wasn't expecting to get hit with the workload we got when I agreed.

As an aside, played a game with my IS where I didn't fire a single shot and just spotted 5-6 tanks. Somehow that earned me 4k XP with the 5x bonus ... I live longer, spot more guys, and get some kills in my T-44, which yields 3200 XP. God damn it I never understand the maths in this game ...

edited November 2011
    Here's our first match from round 2 of the November Challenge. Take a peek if you're interested, and feel free to ask any questions about it. Maybe we did something cool you didn't know about or something.
    Will be put up after our tourney is over.

lostprophet on
  • scarescare Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote:
    Woop woop, won the second round. This team had a better comp, but they made some decisions that caused them to unfold.

This tourney sounds like it suits you guys a lot better; I think you guys have a great chance of winning it.

I've been away from this game for a while and I've gone back to doing dailies on a few tanks most days. It's not like I was any good before, but I'm terrible at this game now. I just feel like I'm getting rocked way more than before.

mister_fej.png
    edited November 2011
    scare wrote:
    A duck! wrote:

This tourney sounds like it suits you guys a lot better; I think you guys have a great chance of winning it.

I've been away from this game for a while and I've gone back to doing dailies on a few tanks most days. It's not like I was any good before, but I'm terrible at this game now. I just feel like I'm getting rocked way more than before.

Dude I've been playing P3P BF3, rage and now EVE. WANGS should be all skill all the time :rotate: (although in eve I'm just losing ships to random pubbies)

Bastable on

Here's our first match from round 2 of the November Challenge. Take a peek if you're interested, and feel free to ask any questions about it. Maybe we did something cool you didn't know about or something.

Oh, sure, don't post my 4-kill match.

• The DermThe Derm Registered User
    Glad to see a Marder II in the mix.
    I still have so much fun in that thing.

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
    Such a heavy burden now to be the one
    Born to bare and read to all the details of our ending
    To write it down for all the world to see
    But I forgot my pen...
    edited November 2011
    AOD Kill them all VS SIMP= Victory.

They were one man down though. Also I had a non damaging shot on a PIV from a gold ammo Marder :(

Bastable on

We actually lost a game in the most retarded (on our part) fashion. Either way, we're movin' on.

Also, it's fucking bullshit to have a tournament where you're in a field of 16 and 3 teams are still getting byes.

A duck! wrote:
    Also, it's fucking bullshit to have a tournament where you're in a field of 16 and 3 teams are still getting byes.

Actually looking at the bracket, only 1 team will have a bye. Broken coding and all that.

edited November 2011
    A duck! wrote:
    We actually lost a game in the most retarded (on our part) fashion. Either way, we're movin' on.

I said we should deploy a Panzer II. Then would could revise history saying we was trolling.

Bastable on

Gold ammo totally worth it for actually penetrating at 450 metres plus. It does make the non penetrating hits more galling though.

So it's been almost 3 months since our last patch, and the biggest part of the 7.0 patch has been pushed back until the 7.1 patch. French tanks won't be introduced until the end of 2011. What are these guys doing?

edited November 2011
    I dunno. If they do have it out by the end of 2011 we're still only waiting another couple of weeks. I don't mind this, honestly. Not playing with premium and trying to improve my T-54 has pretty much left me hovering at exactly 450k credits for the last 2 weeks. It's kind of brutal how much I need money compared to how fast I can accumulate it ... That said, when my Christmas vacation from work rolls around I can probably pick up a week of premium and really go at it. Hence, I don't mind waiting a bit, but I could see where others would care more.

[Edit]
    I also just checked the tournament bracket for the first time. I can't believe we'd be playing the Cazadores again if we win the next round. At least it would be the semi-final fight.

ArcticLancer on
    I was reading up on the T30 change and the people they had talking about were all "It's a lot like the IS-7!" but I think with less armor. I kinda shut my mind off after reading that.

Another win! Next round is assured to be against a good team, though.

Oh we were pancaking for a moment when only three of us were online. Luckily Mac turned up before I unveiled my loltractor plan of victory.

The we just really rolled them. Expect as duck said that the next bunch of teams are much stronger, the next match is a team that knocked us off the last tourney.

edited December 2011
    Bastable wrote:
    Oh we were pancaking for a moment when only three of us were online. Luckily Mac turned up before I unveiled my loltractor plan of victory.

The we just really rolled them. Expect as duck said that the next bunch of teams are much stronger, the next match is a team that knocked us off the last tourney.

No, the team we face next is the team that came in second place during the IGN Prime tourney. The team that knocked us out last tourney would be re-matched if we advance to the next round, and they placed third in the IGN Prime tourney. Friday and Sunday should be really fun! We really need to bring our A game for the rest of our matches

lostprophet on
    Hmmm bad people incoming to provide tense games.

edited December 2011
    We won to make it into the semis, and due to an enemy draw may actually be in the finals. Everything is coming out SIMPhouse.

A duck! on
    That was some tense bullshit. I had a cigg dropping ash on my keyboard while shooting kv's in the back. Best games of the tourney so far.

WoT thread, our team has made it into the North American Challenge Tournament Semifinals! I'm going to ask the tournament head what happened, because from the looks of it we may have an automatic bye heading into the finals.

• SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    A duck! wrote:
    Everything is coming out SIMPhouse.

:winky:

Coming out? SHIT.

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Oh great, not only is my name now synonymous with blocking shots, but it's going to be associated with shit as well haha. I vote the next team name to be Duck'sMomIsNotAClassyLady.

Seriously though, everyone has been putting in an amazing effort so far kicking ass. Let's make S.I.M.P. #1 in North America.

Simpsonia on
    It is official, team S.I.M.P. is in the finals for the November Challenge!

edited December 2011
    We drew the November finals. We recorded the matches and will be uploading them in order to head off the (immediate) impugning leveled by our less than proper opponents.

Bastable on

• WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    Holy crap, I forgot I had this game installed. How do I join the company?

WraithXt1.png
  • FarleymanFarleyman Registered User regular
    Well that was a pretty darned good effort then guys, well done. I've not really been bothering to pay attention to any of the tournaments though, so what does a draw mean? You're both winners, a rematch, something else?

steam_sig.png
    They're actually still trying to figure out how to handle it. We're just waiting.

This discussion has been closed.