As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

• MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    When I first used the 40 I hated it, but going back to it and bouncing 90% of shots from even or lower tiers it's pretty awesome, can't wait to get the bigger gun.
    The B1 is kind of annoying since it's gun isn't much better than the D2's.

Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    https://worldoftanks.com/personal/gifts/

You can buy gold for a friend now, or Buy a tank for him, Or buy a tank + gold for him (These 3 come with the tanks you could only get during the pre-order)

steam_sig.png
  • G. CactusG. Cactus Registered User regular
    https://worldoftanks.com/personal/gifts/

You can buy gold for a friend now, or Buy a tank for him, Or buy a tank + gold for him (These 3 come with the tanks you could only get during the pre-order)
    Just in time for Christmas!

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Heh ...
    So, I wonder how they decided to price that, because by any calculation I've ever done, that is a discounted Lowe right there, which means it's an awesome way to buy each other Lowes, and a good way to get gifted the gold equivalent if you already had it ... Weeeeeird ...

• lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    Lol I guess that means I can sell my M6A2E1 now. The only reason I've kept that shitbox is because I couldn't get it back if I sold it. Hrm...

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    Heh ...
    So, I wonder how they decided to price that, because by any calculation I've ever done, that is a discounted Lowe right there, which means it's an awesome way to buy each other Lowes, and a good way to get gifted the gold equivalent if you already had it ... Weeeeeird ...

And to boot, if the person already has the tank they will convert the gift into the gold price instead.

• The DermThe Derm Registered User regular
    all French low tier matches.

Someone is getting a Steel Wall, but who?

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
    Such a heavy burden now to be the one
    Born to bare and read to all the details of our ending
    To write it down for all the world to see
    But I forgot my pen...
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    For being a freebie tank, this tetrarch is actually kinda fun.

ECOED.jpg
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh, hey, the took down the other tanks. That's too bad (I was never going to buy one).

A duck! wrote:
    Oh, hey, the took down the other tanks. That's too bad (I was never going to buy one).

noticed that, I did buy two of them ;p

steam_sig.png
    A duck! wrote:

Apparently they made a big stink on the EU and US forums. I really don't care who has the mutant 6. That tank is fucking terrible at tier 8

What a strange thing to complain about.

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Well WG stated that the pre-order tanks are exclusive to the pre-orders and would "never ever ever" be available outside of them. And now tada! You can gift them. It's a little messed up, if you ask me.

minirhyder on
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Well the january challenge registration has closed and scheduling completed. Looks like SIMP gets a first round bye and will be starting round 2 on Wednesday the 11th.

minirhyder wrote:
    Well WG stated that the pre-order tanks are exclusive to the pre-orders and would "never ever ever" be available outside of them. And now tada! You can gift them. It's a little messed up, if you ask me.

Ya, the forums dredged up videos from a year ago of the CEO saying the pre-order tanks would never again be available and I guess that made them relent.

• Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    So, I've been playing this game quite a bit lately, and I was wondering if I might play with some of you guys. I have one other friend who I platoon with, but usually for just a few matches a night. I'd love to join you guys for more shenanigans. My ingame name is Volucrisian.

My current lineup of regular tanks is:

KV-3 (IS researched but I'm a poordilocks.)
    VK3601
    T-34-85
    Hummel
    T-50
    Stug

I've got another half dozen less notable vehicles, mostly tier 4s.

edited January 2012
    Pretty decent round in my Tier 7 French light: http://www.mediafire.com/?ytyjz8aai2zaauu

EDIT - Another IS-7 beatdown with it: http://www.mediafire.com/?6vzboomztf1ruu2

A duck! on
    I honestly do not understand the world view that would result in actual outrage that people have the opportunity to buy a tank that I already had. Of all the things to get upset about with this game...

G. Cactus wrote:
    I honestly do not understand the world view that would result in actual outrage that people have the opportunity to buy a tank that I already had. Of all the things to get upset about with this game...

people are like that (annoying)
    If they forced the change and then say a month down the round removed them, you'd probably have people from the first group who are complaining about it now, complaning it was removed.

steam_sig.png
  • LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Has anybody verified that you will be able to get the M6A2E1 through the gift shop in the future? I hate that tin can with a passion, but I have a hard time letting go of it, since you can't buy them through the store. I went to the gift web-page, but it doesn't show any of the pre-order premiums, and several of you mentioned that you could gift them.

Edit Never mind. Reading is fundamental.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
    Holy shit I love that French light: http://www.mediafire.com/?bm1y4c2exwrq9s2

2962 experience not doubled.

Duck, why can't you just post screenshots like a normal person ...

• SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    I didn't even know you could save replays. D: Damn! Nice one Duck. That auto loader looks fun.

• SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    Man, I'm psyched to get up to the AMX 13. The autoloader is just built for hilarity.

Re: the preorder tank sales, I agree that it's a very stupid thing to complain about. It's not like they're some badge of honor - all it took to get them was having $50 (or whatever) in your bank account at the right time. I suppose if someone bought a pre-order tank specifically because they knew they wouldn't be available later and thought it'd make them part of some exclusive club... well, that's still a dumb attitude but I can see being mildly irked in that case.

The only tanks I'd be annoyed about them putting on sale are those that are actual rewards for having achieved something. Mainly that means the CBT M4A2E4 reward, which required 1000 games played, and I guess there was one for alpha participants and maybe a Russian beta tank or something. Even then, it's just a game! There are more important things in life to get mad about.

Teams are getting more useless by the day.

qBoRz.jpg

The replay for this is terrible, almost the entire team goes hill.

was that the Lowe? how did they manage to lose?

We had 10 things go hill. Strangely, I wish I had done better, because I made a few dumb errors that took off some chunks of health. There was a point at the end where I had them down to 4 tanks when I saw one was a 100% Tiger and I mentally checked out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wzfsu0rfjcndkp

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote:
    Holy shit I love that French light: http://www.mediafire.com/?bm1y4c2exwrq9s2

2962 experience not doubled.

I'm impressed by how you were able to peg the is-7 fuel tank in that battle and one of the previous ones, I feel like every time I go close to opponents I whiff a bunch of shots into spots that do no damage.

A lot of the Russian and American fuel tanks are there, so I'll usually take some shots there and see what the RNG does for me. Before I set him on fire I bounced two shots directly off his fuel tank.

edited January 2012
    TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL: http://www.mediafire.com/?pa3p9me1t9hj1rr

Seriously, this replay is the pure joy of the 13 90.

A duck! on
  • BastableBastable Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    There was a angry IS4 driver, I approve this rear penetration video.
    I also approve that when Simp and Mac go arty Himmildorf comes up.

Bastable on
    Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Ohh no, they put french tanks in?

I guess I gotta start playing again.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • PelPel Registered User regular
    Man, I'm psyched to get up to the AMX 13. The autoloader is just built for hilarity.

Re: the preorder tank sales, I agree that it's a very stupid thing to complain about. It's not like they're some badge of honor - all it took to get them was having $50 (or whatever) in your bank account at the right time. I suppose if someone bought a pre-order tank specifically because they knew they wouldn't be available later and thought it'd make them part of some exclusive club... well, that's still a dumb attitude but I can see being mildly irked in that case.

The only tanks I'd be annoyed about them putting on sale are those that are actual rewards for having achieved something. Mainly that means the CBT M4A2E4 reward, which required 1000 games played, and I guess there was one for alpha participants and maybe a Russian beta tank or something. Even then, it's just a game! There are more important things in life to get mad about.

Well, some things are valuable because they're scarce. Makes sense to me. If something you have is scarce and it becomes common, then it's no longer valuable, and if you bought it under the assumption that it would always be scarce, you probably have a right to be annoyed. Collectors are a whole class of people that play games in a different way, and take pleasure in having rare things. I don't see any reason to deprive those people of that pleasure.

Of course, I haven't got any of them because I'm not much of a collector really, although I am a bit peeved that I never got the M4A2E4 even though I played the crap out of the beta, just because I wasn't playing at the end of the beta. I just hope they offer something similar later because the tank+gold deals seemed pretty sweet.

• BastableBastable Registered User regular
    Some things are valuable because they're scarce? Simplistically for a beta tank to have value due too scarcity it would also need to have some mechanism to cash in on it in exchange for goods and services or some form of currency. WOT has no mechanism to allow scarce=valuable in regards to tanks.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

I think my feelings are half way in between. I didn't care about those tanks becoming available because I didn't care in the least for any of them. If people wanted to pay the requisite $60 - $100 for giant lumps of gold and a trashy tank, okay, fine. However I think the community overestimates how many people would have bought them. Sure, they wouldn't be AS rare, but I find it incredibly unlikely I would ever see a match with 12 mutant6s involved.

Then again, I look at the number of people with Lowes and Type 59s, and I suppose I shouldn't underestimate the number of people who are willing to spend far too much money on this game.

Speaking of the mutant 6, does anyone have one and want to tell us about the credit multiplier? It looks like the premium T34 will be in that range of credityness.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    so wait, did I do it again? Did I choose the wrong part of the tree to go down again? (French tanks, I started down towards the heavy line with the D1, D2, etc)

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    I haven't seen a lot of French heavies, but if they came out as Wargamer was discussing them, then you need to be very aware of your facing. Once you get out of tier 3/4 where your armor is decent, French tanks start to drop off hugely in amror thickness. The heavies at least keep some on the front (and I think they have decent turret armor? So they're a lot like American heavies if that's correct), but man, the lights and mediums will be a welcome addition for people in tier 6 who get dropped in shitty games because your gun with 120 pen will easily still get through them and you're relevant again. :p

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    It's fairly obvious, but some of the facings,particularly turret-wise, on the later French heavies will take some getting used to (facing in combat).

• PelPel Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Bastable wrote:
    Some things are valuable because they're scarce? Simplistically for a beta tank to have value due too scarcity it would also need to have some mechanism to cash in on it in exchange for goods and services or some form of currency. WOT has no mechanism to allow scarce=valuable in regards to tanks.

Of course. There are plenty of people who value these things just because they're rare. No usage in the game, nothing, zilch, just because not a lot of other people have it, and no one can get it. Doesn't hurt me that they have it, so if they enjoy having something, why take that away, considering, of course, that WG promised those people their tank would be forever unique.
    Synthesis wrote:
    It's fairly obvious, but some of the facings,particularly turret-wise, on the later French heavies will take some getting used to (facing in combat).

The French heavies take some getting used to for everyone else as well: My jaw about dropped when yesterday I was headed up the hill on Malinovka in my AMX 12 light and looked over to see the French t8 HEAVY keeping right up with me!

Pel on
This discussion has been closed.