As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sun City [mini]Phalla - GAME OVER - VILLAGE VICTORY?!

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Heres a quick vote count for mid day

5 - Void Slayer (Antimatter, Daniant, Swordstone,Stever777, Feckless Rogue)
    3 - godmode (Dunadan, Garethmagis, Extermatott)
    1- oldmanken (Void Slayer)
    1 - Swordstone (Fiaryn)

also I guess I'll throw my vote onto Godmode for now simply for being the closest behind the supposed seer.

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    void slayer for...something? :rotate:

godmode on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I get it, too. Sorry.Void Slayer

Godmode for voting Void after the reveal!

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh just noticed the reveal.

Anyway, I'm seemingly fucked. Though I am a villager, I have the most generic of role PMs. I didn't even get a name with my villager PM.

I can urge you all to change your votes because I never lie, and we can pick a better target instead.

Also, GarethMagis for an overplayed joke.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I would gladly move my vote if we had a better target but Void says hes only seered a deputy and right now the votes are tied so we are kinda stuck until more people move votes off of Void.

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SwordstoneSwordstone Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    If there is a doctor equivalent this game, you'd better be doctorining !void slayer tonight.

And now, just to ensure that the seer doesn't end up dead, I'm joining this fancy new bandwagon against godmode. Unless godmode can claim to be the seen villager without counter claims from void slayer, he is not in the clear as a deputy. Unless someone else can back up his "never lies" claim?

Swordstone on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Of course no one can back it up. But you're all being incredibly silly. VS certainly hasn't seered me, because he can in no way claim I'm mafia.

godmode on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wait... I voted for oldmanken... why is everyone going after godmode?

Oh right, godmode is being talkative while oldmanken did a throw away vote yesterday after the DrKippy/swordstone votes were already in. It is not a very good reason but I have little else.

I'll change to godmode to save myself (and have no proof he is/is not mafia) but killing off talkative players is never a good sign.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    On the other hand, killing off uncommunicative players doesn't often net great results either. :/

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Exactly, lose-lose!

The wagon on me is more interesting though. If I had more time I would have danced around a bit and seen what your reasons were, but it took 8 hours to get the vote off me kinda so I guessed right responses would be slow.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Godmode seems correct.

daniant on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Or rather, Godmode.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So, again, please don't vote for the seer, me, if your village and I need a guard if there is one out there.

Contacting me at this point would be a great sign of trust, but at least don't vote me off.

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Idiots.

godmode on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well derp, I meant to vote for oldmanken because Void Slayer did, but accidentally got confused and voted for godmode. I can't see why either of them is more suspicious than the other, but since we have nothing better it's fine, and as long as we save the seer it should be good.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ....Hmm...so why are we voting for god now?

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    vertroue wrote: »
    ....Hmm...so why are we voting for god now?

He was simply in second place when the vote needed to shift off of void who has revealed as the seer, so people piled on him instead, thats pretty much it.

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    godmode. Sorry buddy. Saving the Seer long enough for him to prove himself and all that.

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    1.5 hours until Vote Close

Missing Votes from:
    The Anonymous (retracted last vote)
    vertroue
    Sigmundhrungnir
    Capfalcon
    Grundlterror
    Wildcat
    kuhlmeye
    Snit
    oldmanken

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SigmundhrungnirSigmundhrungnir Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pft, gods are gods but godmode must die.

Sigmundhrungnir on
  • Options
    SnitSnit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    godmode for calling me an idiot when i hadnt even done anything :(

Snit on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I dunno about godmode but it seems that is where this wagon is going.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm gonna go with Swordstone, because godmode is well and truly dead, and his "Man, tough luck village!" right after narration bugged me.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was going to make some witty remark about the godmode vote, but I forgot what it was. :(

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    I'm gonna go with Swordstone, because godmode is well and truly dead, and his "Man, tough luck village!" right after narration bugged me.

You'd be better off questioning VS. Awfully convenient he last-second reveals as a seer, huh?

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    hmm I changed my mind...I don't like the wagon on god so I am going with the person who stared it and the void wagon DUNA dude

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Feckless, because something just feels off.

Also, the godmode vote confuses me.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    Capfalcon wrote: »

You'd be better off questioning VS. Awfully convenient he last-second reveals as a seer, huh?

Well, ok. But there's two options.

One, he's lying, and someone contacted by the real seer calls goosery. Then, we figure it out from there.

Two, he's not. And, uh. Voting out the seer is bad.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    That's why I said "questioning" and not "no, keep the vote on him instead."

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Vote Close in 15ish minutes

Still missing votes from:
    Grundlterror
    Wildcat
    oldmanken

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Vote Closed.

Narration soonish.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    DAY TWO

Where have all the cowboys gone?

VLinvisible: I am being hunted.

DLstillkicking: ...

DLstillkicking: You sure?

VLinvisible: Yes. From two different sources.

DLstillkicking: Shit. This is my fault. I should've taken care of this myself.

VLinvisible: Yes, you should have.

VLinvisible: I do not blame you, however. Be at ease. There were unforseen complications in the program.

VLinvisible: I will attempt to draw them out. Be well, friend.

DLstillkicking: What? Val, wait

<USER VLinvisible is no longer available>

The young woman made her way south down Gold Road without a hint of worry. Given that the warehouse district was mostly inhabited by homeless and desperate humans, along with a few out-dated security drones boasting "Disproportionate Response" against any intruders into their programmed territory, the deputies were worrying enough for her. They could smell a trap, even if they couldn't see it.

"She's a little girl, man. This is a setup. This is one of Keel's fucking games."

"Sniffers don't lie. That girl's the one who hacked us. You want your info public? Now? No, we take her down, find out what she knows, and then punch her ticket. Done and dusted."

"Fucking console cowboys. Hate 'em. Fine, let's just get this over with."

They caught her two blocks later. Both deputies were out of uniform, in non-descript street clothes with the old standby of nylon stockings obscuring their faces. Even so, the standard issue ShockLance stunners they were holding were a big clue as to their purpose, and with a gasp the young woman immediately took off running. The ShockLances both fired, and four arcing bolts of blue light caught her in the midsection and threw her through the air. The deputies ran to where the woman fell.

"Jesus wept, she was fast. Scan her quickly, I don't want to be out in the open like this."

"Prints check. Valce Lucian. Nothing in her file, but the name's been tagged through the rumormill. Let's get her back and see what she knows."

The two men struggled to pick up the young woman before the body began to twitch in their arms. "Sheriff's Deputies? I should have known," the woman said in what was definitely a male voice. The woman turned her head as the two deputies dropped her to the ground and pulled their stunners. "This Unit has been compromised. This Unit will be deactivated," the male voice continued, as the woman looked directly at the unusually dark shadow on the rooftop across the street.

The explosion left little of the remains of the two deputies and the synthetic woman, the observer on the rooftop the only witness to the struggle.

Rumors were spreading quickly through the department now. They'd beaten the tar out of DrKippy and had gotten nothing, and then three more deputies had turned up dead. They were being hunted now, and nobody had any idea what to do. They needed direction. They needed a scapegoat. Blogs and newscasts were popping up all over the place about the dead deputies. The more they tried to hush it up, the more info was leaking out. Someone would have to step up the plate and get something done about all this, went the common wisdom. So when a malfunctioning Traffic Drone fell out of the sky and exploded in the neighborhood pub where Deputy Godmode liked to relax before heading home, most of the deputies in the Sheriff's Office had the same thought: At least it wasn't me. And then they went on to the difficult task of explaining to the media how the recent deaths were all revealed to have been perpetrated by Deputy Godmode, and how aggrieved they were that such a tragedy could be caused by one of their own.

At least it wasn't me.

Deputy Snit was just putting the finishing touches on his LARP costume when the doorbell rang. "Oh, I bet that's Yellow! I can't wait to see his costume!" Pulling on his helmet and gloves, Snit opened the door only to find that the dark visor on his helm made it impossible to see into the darkness outside. "Yellow? Is that you? Let me take my helmet off."

"No Snit, you sick fuck. Leave it on," said the man at the door, before blasting Snit in the chest with a shotgun.

"But I'm the heeeroooo..." Snit moaned as he died.

Dunadan019 as Valce Lucian (mason) - Deactivated
    Deputy Snit - Caught the wrong end of a Spectrum Cannon
    Deputy Godmode - Wrath of God

Day 3 Has Begun

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Told you all so that god wasn't mafia

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    All PMs are out

The following players are warned for inactivity:
    Grundlterror
    Wildcat
    oldmanken

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Extermatott for today I dunno but I don't really like you.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Im pretty sure you would be hard pressed to find a lot of people who voted for him because they thought he was mafia, I only voted for him because he had the second most votes and someone had to take the fall to give Void a chance to prove himself as the seer.

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Speaking of Void proving himself...

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm just gonna sit here and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for that.

Whistling may or may not be involved.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    SwordstoneSwordstone Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    No votes until void tells us what he saw.

Swordstone on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Nothing helpful unfortunately, found another villager.

Again not sure where to go, both the vote wagons on godmode and me seem rather odd but I am not sure how to decode the info. I'll sleep on it.

Void Slayer on