As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

List of all D&D computer games within

13»

• Options
    ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Shanadeus on
  • Options
    ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    Star Wars is a good candidate, will check in on that.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    This is a great thread!

I believe I started on Champions of Krynn. My computer had two 5.25" floppy drives, but no hard drive, so I had to swap out disks all the damn time, and sometimes it took up to 20 minutes to load a battle scene.

So worth it, at least when I was that age. I believe my favorite of that series was Death Knights of Krynn. I killed Lord Soth! Then there was the time when I took out the entire Mulmaster Beholder Corps in Curse of the Azure Bonds. All you need is a little Dust of Disappearence.

Good times.

The Dark Sun games were pretty awesome, too. You get three wishes from a genie at the end, and you're supposed to use one of them to weaken the enemy army. You don't have to, though. I wished for three copies of the lifestealer sword and then just fought the gigantic army my own damn self. By the time I got around to playing the second game in the series, though, my computer was too good, and the runtime speed made the volcano level explode before I could ever get to the end. Never did finish that one.

Of course, then we got to the Infinity Engine games, and, quite frankly, we never had it so good before, and we may never have it that good again. As much as I appreciated Temple of Elemental Evil for being a damn great direct translation of a classic module, it really wasn't as good as the Infinity games. Planescape: Torment was so good I couldn't play it more than twice, because it struck me so powerfully.

I never finished Throne of Bhaal. I was waiting for Dave Gaider to finish his improved boss battles mod for the last fight, but I think my hard drive got corrupted at some point and I lost all my savegames.

Since then the games have ranged from crap to pretty good (the PSP game, Tactics was an unplayable mess). I still haven't gotten around to Mask of the Betrayer, but I will eventually.

This is some serious nostagia right here. :-bd

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Temple of Elemental Evil is a lot of fun. Its combat engine was by far the most fun of any of the D&D games I've played, in my opinion.. It had so much potential, it's just a shame the rest of the game isn't quite as good as the combat engine.

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    Temple of Elemental Evil is a lot of fun. Its combat engine was by far the most fun of any of the D&D games I've played, in my opinion.. It had so much potential, it's just a shame the rest of the game isn't quite as good as the combat engine.

I don't know. I mean it was a direct translation of the megamodule. The module was very light on story, and heavy on rooms filled with puzzles and traps. They actually did a pretty good job with that opening part where you investigate the ruined fort. I remember in the module it was kinda glossed over. So basically all that game really needed WAS a good combat engine. It's too bad that there were many bugs in that game. But that's Troika for you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShottzkiShottzki Registered User new member
    If anybody can help me find a specific pc game that I used to love when I was younger it would be greatly appreciated. It seems impossible for me to find and is a dungeon game that is not listed above. I'm assuming it originated in the 1980's (maybe 90's) because with the graphics, you never saw your character and everything was 2d. You played as only one character (although you could have multiple saved characters) and didn't have an option for parties. There was a high scores/hall of fame type of thing that tracked all kinds of statistics and showing which character held the record (ex: number of monsters killed, most gold, etc.) Basically there was only one city which is the starting point and other than that you press the arrow keys to explore the dungeon until finding the entrance to a deeper level in the dungeon. I believe it had a red and blue version (or that's what my dad said anyways, so not sure) and I believe it was called mordor or had that in the name..... I honestly can't think of anything else bc it's been years since I've played it.

If anybody has a clue of what it may be please shoot me an email with your thoughts and maybe a link that I can follow to see if it's correct. I've wondered about this for years so it would be greatly appreciated! :) I doubt I'll think to come back to this site so please email me at shottzki@yahoo.com if you have a reply!

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I have not tried Daggerdale. I heard it is donkey butt. Confirm/deny?

Ps. NwN2: MotB is criminally underrated. Holy fucking shit that game is powerful.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    I have not tried Daggerdale. I heard it is donkey butt. Confirm/deny?

Ps. NwN2: MotB is criminally underrated. Holy fucking shit that game is powerful.

Confirm. I couldn't get past the first minute of gameplay. Generic, unpolished, hackneyed.

I wanted to like NWN2 so much but I couldn't get past spell effects and moves that didn't look like anything that they were supposed to be doing. Did basic engine stuff ever get improved in any expansion because I might try it again...

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Dungeon Hack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ODHQnqapNo

Fantasy_Empires_Coverart.png

My favoritest game behind Dungeon Hack.

I still have the CDs from the Gold Box and some of the manuals from EoB.

so much fucking fun in one container

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Why the hell is this thread popping up a login/password prompt from ""www.floodg.com" when you open page 1 of it?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I dunno, but I'm staying away from it.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg