As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Penny Arcade: The Series - The Retreat

scsscsscsscs Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Social Entropy++

• Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    And here I thought they forgot to put up the new one...

Good find

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WHOO!

OK, seems PATV has become part of my week, much as Zero Punctuation has. When the hell did that happen?

And looking at the screencap - is this the vacation ep that never happened?! BUFFER DAMN YOU!

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Love the cold-open.

and Dog, Khoo's new archnemesis

KalTorak on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn you dog! *khoo shakes his fists at the [strike]heavens[/strike] water*

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Mike Fehlauer is a cool guy.

Levin seems less shy.

That dog should become a recurring villain. Next time Khoo finds the pepsi can, that dog is attached to it.

...don't really like the CP new hire. :/

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Was that blip about Dave an attempt to get him a mate?

The part where we he traversed that plateau reminded me of a romantic comedy.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jerry's boating hat is the best.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    PedantophilePedantophile Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I find it amazing that anyone (who doesn't know her) can form any sort of opinion about her. I mean even the episode focusing on her was remarkably sparse.

Pedantophile on
    "Considering what your people did to my people during WWII I think a little kissing and breast fondling to be minor reparations, at best."
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This felt like such a tease, but I guess the whole point of a retreat is to get away from work so it's not exactly ideal to have a camera crew following you around filming all your activities.

We need a little more Brian, when he raised his hand after Robert talked about being repressed, I lost it.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Was that blip about Dave an attempt to get him a mate?

The part where we he traversed that plateau reminded me of a romantic comedy.

I thought that shot of him hiking or whatever was like a nature show - there's this slow-mo shot of a wild Dave in his natural habitat while a voice-over describes his activities.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Great episode. That retreat must be fantastic!

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    why is this taking so long to loooooooaaaaaad jesus christ

EDIT: also who was that long haired guitarist with the Sweet Bro and Hella Jef shirt

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This felt like such a tease, but I guess the whole point of a retreat is to get away from work so it's not exactly ideal to have a camera crew following you around filming all your activities.

We need a little more Brian, when he raised his hand after Robert talked about being repressed, I lost it.

I think they mentioned that the retreat was less than a plane-flight away from where they live, so its possible the camera crew left after the first day or two.

ThreadbareSock on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I find it amazing that anyone (who doesn't know her) can form any sort of opinion about her. I mean even the episode focusing on her was remarkably sparse.

You have to remember who you're talking to...this is the creepy guy who dredged the depths of the internet, feverishly sorting through galleries and websites until he found certain images which may, or may not, look like certain people.

He has done this twice, now.

He is a bad man.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Yeah, like when she bumped her head on the ceiling over her bed. Who does that?

And when she was talking about the retreat being relaxing. Such audacity.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fyndir wrote: »

You have to remember who you're talking to...this is the creepy guy who dredged the depths of the internet, feverishly sorting through galleries and websites until he found certain images which may, or may not, look like certain people.

He is a bad man.

If only the world didn't need me anymore. :/

But yar! I dunno, she gets as much airtime as anyone else, yet I don't get any, y'know, connection to her like you do with everyone else.

Also loved the putdown - "Daddy can I come?" "No."

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    "Dog was trying to get some love and affection, which I have none of... Unless he wants some chocolate, heheheh... or some anti-freeze."

Robert Khoo

eddizhere on
    League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Could it be because we've known her the shortest period of time

and we feel a greater connection with the people we've known since before season 1

is it at all possible

I know it's crazy talk

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »

and we feel a greater connection with the people we've known since before season 1

is it at all possible

I know it's crazy talk

Erika's new too, but she seemed awesome & fit right in even during the New Hire ep!

Just sayin'. <3

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    dmautzdmautz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »

is it at all possible

I know it's crazy talk

Erika's new too, but she seemed awesome & fit right in even during the New Hire ep!

Just sayin'. <3

I don't really like you. You don't seem to fit in like everyone else.
    She is just getting into the groove. Wait until she is comfortable and I'm sure she will join in the ridiculousness with everyone else.

Khoo is awesome and scary.

dmautz on
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Long, firm, and full of sperm.

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    God that place looks absolutely fantastic

It's beginning to dawn on me how long it's been since I've had a vacation myself

edit: at 4:02 there is tiny waterfall next to their pool built into their gigantic fucking deck

Uuuuuuuuuugh

I need a vacation

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PedantophilePedantophile Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

He is a bad man.
    Oh for the love of...

Pedantophile on
    "Considering what your people did to my people during WWII I think a little kissing and breast fondling to be minor reparations, at best."
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

He is a bad man.
    Oh for the love of...

I'm not sure I'd call it 'love'.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh hey Victoria
    Me and some other SE++ folks were just up around there
    in much less swank digs though.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    why is this taking so long to loooooooaaaaaad jesus christ

EDIT: also who was that long haired guitarist with the Sweet Bro and Hella Jef shirt

Member of Metroid Metal.

Kind of disappointed that this is all they are showing of PAX this year (I assume), but I guess they can't always do an episode on each one.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I liked the snippets of the Protomen doing their thing

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Khoo is just the star of the show as far as I'm concerned.

Keep on the oppression White Man. Keep it up.

Also, bonus points for associating the teal tactical vest with Solid Snake. I went there immediately as well.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Has anyone said what lake they went to? It looks nice.

I just wasted 15 minutes looking for a lake somewhere in the region of Victoria that has power lines going over it. My guess is that I'm at least 50 miles off.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Woo! Another PATV.

I hope we get more footage of PAX East 2011 than this... but still, brings back good memories.

When they do the zoom in on Erika signing the book, they zoom in RIGHT on my button! SO COOL! :D I gave my button to all of the crew I could find and they put them on their lanyards! BRB DYING my brain can't handle the awesome.

Also, I kind of want an episode that consists entirely of Khoo and Dog. Khoo can be bested by no man... his skill and acumen, finely honed, his plans for world domination intricate and inspired, and they're all foiled by the constant good natured antics of Dog.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    dog may be the only person who can go toe to toe with khoo

well 'person'

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited April 2011

I just wasted 15 minutes looking for a lake somewhere in the region of Victoria that has power lines going over it. My guess is that I'm at least 50 miles off.
    Malahat, just NW of Victoria. That's no lake.... ;)

David Coffman on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wilderness retreats are the best.

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Malahat, just NW of Victoria. That's no lake.... ;)

haha, nice. The Morningside Estate, right? Looks great.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, it wasn't really a lake. It was an inlet/fjord/whathaveyou. It's too sheltered to have waves, though, so I remembered it as a lake.

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Taking a row boat in the water in the middle of the night is a surreal experience. The water becomes like a sheet of glass you just so happen to be floating on.

Just make sure that you have a marker that you can see and easily return to.

Meiz on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What's the dog's name? Such a cutie!
    dog
    Dog
    DOG

skettios on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I know we've had a PAX episode or two, but that covered the events, not really what specific people were doing.

Makes me wonder how Dave walked 150 + miles. I suppose PAX is like a toy you wind up and let run, you have to keep making sure it doesn't zoom under the couch or run out of steam half way across the dining room floor.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Who's a good dog?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Good episode; the whole chocolate line made me lose my shit.

Still hoping for a more detailed PAX East episode, but if not, this one will more than suffice.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.