As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bichon [chat]

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    what kind of books do you like dyna

dave eggers, james ellroy, gene wolfe, jack vance, haruki murakami, cormac mccarthy, and many more!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    While I don't like PETA either, Cass, you should be aware that the site you linked is run by a front-group for the restaurant industry called the Center For Consumer Freedom.

Huh. I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hey! you're the guy from outside taco bell!

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    wet-bichon.jpg

they're the most pathetic looking creatures when wet

hee

suddenly: small dog, transforms into smaller dog!

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Point is, when I saw Jake Shield's face on one of those PETA posters

Our imaginary love could no longer be

Since I haven't been able to find a new imaginary boyfriend we are imaginary friends-with-benefits, but I kick him out of bed and never make him breakfast. It's very cold.

I'm... a bit of an imaginary whore. :(

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wet dogs tend to look like drowned rats. So sad but adorable.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    what's wrong with PETA?

Their in-your-face approach is counterproductive. As a vegetarian, I cringe whenever I see them not helping

This isn't really true though.

They as a group have done more for animal rights then the entire collective of apathetic vegitariens who keep it to themselves ever have.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I just dumped all of my Wheel of Time books in a bag. TOR had such shitty binding that I had had to buy a couple of books over again, so there's like $250 of books in there. But... they're going to a good home, and I can't haul them around a bunch, and honestly they were too big a part of my teenagerhood to be able to read them for fun now.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    In Canada, PETA ran a billboard ad campaign morally equating the women murdered by Robert Pickton on his pig farm with pigs killed for food.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    what's wrong with PETA?

PETA does not believe in animal testing, even when it benefits human lives.

PETA does not believe in pets, they believe it is equivalent to slavery.

PETA uses sexism and sexist imagery to promote animal rights.

http://petakillsanimals.com/

Alright, that all sounds pretty bad, but that bolded line seems like a stance most of this forum would take. I wouldn't, but I don't particularly dig animals. But a lot of the folk here seem to.

I think even if you don't believe in animal testing, you would probably turn your stomach when you see the people yelling about how animal testing is murder turn around and kill 94% of its adoptable animals in one year.

Sure, though their hypocrisy is irrelevant to the issue of whether or not animal testing is bad. I'm just surprised to see it on a list of why PETA is bad composed here of all places.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wet dogs tend to look like drowned rats. So sad but adorable.

You should open a drowned rat petting zoo.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Looking back at my musical intake this evening:

Dutch hip hop (Boef en de Gelogeerde Aap)
    jazz w/o brass instruments from H/A
    Metal playlist from 22tracks.com
    Bollywood music

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I just dumped all of my Wheel of Time books in a bag. TOR had such shitty binding that I had had to buy a couple of books over again, so there's like $250 of books in there. But... they're going to a good home, and I can't haul them around a bunch, and honestly they were too big a part of my teenagerhood to be able to read them for fun now.

My home right? That's still happening?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    You know what I really hate?

When someone says "You know what I'm saying?" or "You know what I mean" as filler.

Cause often they'll be talking about something personal that I don't know what they mean, or just complete gibberish and no, I will not know what they are saying.

Daxon on
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sparvy on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Am I too late to say that bichons are bitchin'?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

No, I promised them to you but then I turned around and said I'd give them to someone I liked more and I decided to do that while you were in [chat] and then I laughed and laughed and laughed.

No! They're going to you. Are you doing DH tomorrow?

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Leitner wrote: »
    what's wrong with PETA?

They demonstrate that extremists change the dialog, and get things done.

Yup. They changed it from "You support animal rights? That's cool, I love animals too!" to "You support animal rights? You're not one of those PETA freaks, are you?"

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011

No, I promised them to you but then I turned around and said I'd give them to someone I liked more and I decided to do that while you were in [chat] and then I laughed and laughed and laughed.

she PM'd me

we laughed together

it was a wonderful song

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    is true that PETA has connections to "eco terrorists"?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    I want to call up this columbian chick I met a few nights ago, but I ain't got no money. Le sigh.

invite her to a show. one where ou don't look terrified.

That's a good idea. But hopefully I'll train at my new job tomorrow and I'll start having some extra spending cash, and then pick up another night or two at another bar.

And hopefully both of those will be off the books so I can still get unemployment!

Also, I'm making chicken thighs for dinner that I'm marinating in soy, squeezed orange juice, garlic, sugar, and sliced jalapenos. What should I make with it? I'm thinking roasted asparagus with a poached egg. Maybe a potato too?

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I am eating this apple turnover out of spite.

I dont' even want it but if I leave it in the tray my dad will eat it.

And last time we got apple turnovers I had NONE because my dad ate them all

So I am choking down this fucking turnover if it kills me

• Options
    edited April 2011

tumblr_kusx0gF0CI1qzql2io1_400.jpg
    anchorman-sequel-jump.jpg
    3358388653_b6fc9e2077.jpg
    huzzah.jpg

Yeah, I can make it for 3.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Welp, looks like I'll switch from discrete logic to delta-time logic for movement already.

With 16-pixel tiles, 1 pixel per update is too slow. 2 pixels per update is obviously twice as fast... and too fast.

So yeah, delta-time checks so I can set speed per second instead of speed per update.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I didn't even know we were doing Dark Heresy tomorrow at three until I was having a breakdown this morning and I was like GOD MAYBE I SHOULD GO TO THE HOSPITAL I JUST WANT TO DIE

and Choco was like

Yeah but can you make Dark Heresy?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    what's wrong with PETA?

Alright, that all sounds pretty bad, but that bolded line seems like a stance most of this forum would take. I wouldn't, but I don't particularly dig animals. But a lot of the folk here seem to.

I think even if you don't believe in animal testing, you would probably turn your stomach when you see the people yelling about how animal testing is murder turn around and kill 94% of its adoptable animals in one year.

Sure, though their hypocrisy is irrelevant to the issue of whether or not animal testing is bad. I'm just surprised to see it on a list of why PETA is bad composed here of all places.

Animal testing is the source of medical science. We would know almost literally nothing that we do today if it weren't for extensive animal testing.

I don't think anyone who knows anything about how science works would support an end to animal testing.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    what's wrong with PETA?

Animal testing is the source of medical science. We would know almost literally nothing that we do today if it weren't for extensive animal testing.

I don't think anyone who knows anything about how science works would support an end to animal testing.

Well that's just not true.

We'd probably test stuff on people if we didn't have animals.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    cass, you should do MNC

it's a rip-roaring good time

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I didn't even know we were doing Dark Heresy tomorrow at three until I was having a breakdown this morning and I was like GOD MAYBE I SHOULD GO TO THE HOSPITAL I JUST WANT TO DIE

and Choco was like

This is basically a win-win situation, you can get all the dying out of your system by dying violently in Dark Heresy.

Winky on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    PETA is such a terrible organization. There are so many worthwhile animal causes. Everything from Humane Society to Doris Day to wild mustang rescue to feral cat spay/neuter folks.

PETA is just awful. It's incredibly unfortunate that their notoriety consumes 99% of the attention paid to the subject.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

and Choco was like

Hahahaha

----

Oh, this is probably my favourite image on the internet. It gets me every time.

tumblr_l51tw0jExI1qbvnm8o1_400.jpg

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Squint and you might mistake it for a game

Stole some Minecraft textures for prototyping purposes. The map now scrolls so it follows the player, and the gems waggle back and forth.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I hate how that meme never has the appropriate comma

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    ok, Consider the Lobster and Other Essays was my first kindle purchase. sort of inadvertently but whatevs

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so good

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    is true that PETA has connections to "eco terrorists"?

I bet eco-terrorists get made fun of at terrorism parties.

Anyway, I don't support the commercial pet industry or the meat industry, but I still think PETA's a bunch of shit-heads that alienates more people than it converts.

I also don't have well-informed feelings about animal testing, but I do think think that animal rights should at least be a consideration when it comes to animal testing. I'd have to look at existing regulations to know whether or not that consideration has been granted, though.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    okay once the snakes entered the movie the movie really went downhill.

I also keep on pausing cause they're making me anxious. I really dislike poisonous things.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »

Well that's just not true.

We'd probably test stuff on people if we didn't have animals.

Nazis wouldn't do to Jews what we do to animals in labs.

Additionally, there's an enormous portion of science that relies upon the fact that we can use animals that have different, rather than similar morphology to ourselves. The size, easiness to keep, and life span of mice is crucial to the pace of our advancements.

I seriously could not possibly imagine a world in which we could have any of the advancements we've made in biological and medical science without animal testing. It is inconceivable to me.

Winky on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh, this is probably my favourite image on the internet. It gets me every time.

tumblr_l51tw0jExI1qbvnm8o1_400.jpg
    And now it's mine too.

Ghibli makes some of the most fun movies.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
This discussion has been closed.