As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of [Redacted]'s Bad Opinions

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    wit's end is just not good on warwick anymore. damn shame it is

Why not? The only thing they did was trade Mana Burn for more MR. Still a great item, as it makes him even more tanky. Sure, he doesn't chew mana on champs anymore, but compared to the alternatives, it's still great.

Priest on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have four 3150 champs left:

Kassadin, Udyr, Gragas and Gangplank

What order should I buy them in :o

The same order you named them in
    So is Irelia really good, or is it normal that she pubstomps 39/3/15 in a 40 minute game? She had Boots of Mobility + Triforce + Randuins and just tower dove everything with a pulse.

Irelia is stupid good
    So. LeBlanc. Just bought her since I guess she's 50% off until tomorrow. First game with her just ended, and I got rolled. Hard. Anyone have any tips for her?

Only solo

Rush catalyst + boots then APAPAPAPAPAP

max r/q/w/e

standard F You combo is Q, distort in, point blank chains, auto attack for a bit, Q again, R. In a panic situation QR is good and safe. While in lane you can just QW and distort back before taking any reply

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, LeaveBuster. Fuck you. The following is my support ticket post.

I was given a one-day temp ban following a game on May 16th ending at 11:00 PM EST. During the game I was active, however, two players on our team dropped out at 8:00 and 15:00 into the game. After the second player dropped, I asked members of our team to remain in spawn and not harass the enemy team, because we weren't going to be able to win the 3v5, and by that time the enemy was already attacking our inhibitors - better to get it over with than wait till 25:00 for the surrender vote. During that time I remained at our nexus and continued moving, my allies hugged the turrets at the nexus and continued to engage, and at 25:00 I initiated a surrender vote. The enemy team wound up destroying our nexus and winning just after 25:00 while the vote was still pending. At no time did the LeaveBuster prompt come up saying "get moving or you will be flagged as AFK", and I did not disconnect.

Immediately after the game I went to report the two AFKs and an automated LB prompt came up informing me of a one-day ban for AFKing.

What gives?

CheBourgeoisNoir on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    I use mobafire, is leaguecraft considered better?

You have to realize that the vast majority of people that play this game are terrible. So no matter where you go, people have terrible opinions and strategies.

There are a lot of people in this thread that are terrible. I'm not going to point anyone out, except myself. Yes, I am pretty bad at this game. So between this thread, mobafire, and leaguecraft, you're going to get a lot of bad advice. You just have to wade through tons of shit for that small gold nugget.

I would advise the guides on solomid. They are done by high elo players and are very helpful. Probably on the only real good guides you're going to get.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I was given a one-day temp ban following a game on May 16th ending at 11:00 PM EST. During the game I was active, however, two players on our team dropped out at 8:00 and 15:00 into the game. After the second player dropped, I asked members of our team to remain in spawn and not harass the enemy team, because we weren't going to be able to win the 3v5, and by that time the enemy was already attacking our inhibitors - better to get it over with than wait till 25:00 for the surrender vote. During that time I remained at our nexus and continued moving, my allies hugged the turrets at the nexus and continued to engage, and at 25:00 I initiated a surrender vote. The enemy team wound up destroying our nexus and winning just after 25:00 while the vote was still pending. At no time did the LeaveBuster prompt come up saying "get moving or you will be flagged as AFK", and I did not disconnect.

Immediately after the game I went to report the two AFKs and an automated LB prompt came up informing me of a one-day ban for AFKing.

What gives?

Give it up. It sucks, but by the time they review this you will probably be unbanned from the time frame.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

What gives?

You must of done it a lot more than this one instance.

Suck it up, its 1 day. Make an alt if you want to play

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Step 1. Queue for solo ranked
    Step 2. Pick Rumble, take solo top
    Step 3. Shit all over your opponent's laning phase from level 1 onward
    Step 4. Wonder why nobody thinks this guy is OP.

Step 5. Win 90% of your ranked games

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Priest wrote: »

Why not? The only thing they did was trade Mana Burn for more MR. Still a great item, as it makes him even more tanky. Sure, he doesn't chew mana on champs anymore, but compared to the alternatives, it's still great.
    Not especially. It worked for him before because of his ult. With the changes, it's gone from situationally good to more or less garbage.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    it....still works with his ult...?

unintentional on
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

What gives?

You must of done it a lot more than this one instance.

Suck it up, its 1 day. Make an alt if you want to play
    No offence but it sounds like you were guilty. You were just hanging out at pool so while maybe not technically afk a 1-day ban seems completely reasonable.

Neaden on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Not especially. It worked for him before because of his ult. With the changes, it's gone from situationally good to more or less garbage.

Still does 42 extra damage
    Still gives AS

Like, those were the biggest things WW wanted out of Wits End. Mana Burn was just gravy, and situationally useful. Now he gets MR instead, which stacks hella quick thanks to his AS.

In other news, bought Irelia. She is a horrible c@#% from which there is no redemption. It is impossible not to carry with her. 3 games, 3 crushing defeats against the opposing team.

Priest on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Still does 42 extra damage
    Still gives AS

Like, those were the biggest things WW wanted out of Wits End. Mana Burn was just gravy, and situationally useful. Now he gets MR instead, which stacks hella quick thanks to his AS.

In other news, bought Irelia. She is a horrible c@#% from which there is no redemption. It is impossible not to carry with her. 3 games, 3 crushing defeats against the opposing team.

But the mana burn was the main reason you got it. He attacks 5 times. 42 * 5 = 210 mana burned from a target. That's a lot for some champions. It's not nearly as good as it used to be.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    of course it was situational. on warwick you could built it against 2-3 low mana champs and burn all their mana away without sacrificing a lot of damage because you're not a carry. ashe hitting alistar trying to burn his mana? not a high priority. tankwick burning alistar's mana? sure why not. it shuts him down so he can't CC your carries while they do their thing because all you need to do is get up in front and tank damage to be successful.

Jars on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    it....still works with his ult...?
    It doesn't work as well, I think. Instantly knocking off 260 mana in addition to doing 260 damage on top of it was a great thing. 260 damage on top of an extra 20 MR doesn't quite measure up, in my opinion.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It was fun playing with you earlier castle.

Here are two tutorial vids I'd suggest for your friend.

This first one shows how creep waves get pushed when you aren't last hitting (notice how Malphite has way more CS's, is totally ungankable, and Morgana is very easily ganked in her position).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3nqyzQo2rk&feature=related

The next is a good tutorial on zoning. It covers a bit of the same ground as the prior one, but goes into other abilities and is a really good primer for new players. The voice of the narrator is really grating, but it's still very informative.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM&feature=related

Also, here's a really good guide to wards. It has some useful information, but the real money is the screenshots for placement. Moving a ward slightly to the left or right can give you much better vision.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    holy shit I just saw ninja rammus

Jars on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

doubt it

i mean he is a ninja

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    of course it was situational. on warwick you could built it against 2-3 low mana champs and burn all their mana away without sacrificing a lot of damage because you're not a carry. ashe hitting alistar trying to burn his mana? not a high priority. tankwick burning alistar's mana? sure why not. it shuts him down so he can't CC your carries while they do their thing because all you need to do is get up in front and tank damage to be successful.

It's still a good item on him. You people are insane, as usual.

also, I like to think thats just how Shurellia talks in video's to troll the community. Theres no one way anyone actually sounds like that.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    nealcm wrote: »

doubt it

i mean he is a ninja

:^:

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am the best Lee Sin player here

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So. LeBlanc. Just bought her since I guess she's 50% off until tomorrow. First game with her just ended, and I got rolled. Hard. Anyone have any tips for her?

Practice, Mejai's and getting fed. Being a huge pussy. Those are my keys to good LeBlanc games.

I like to have R set to Sigil of Silence before a team fight so I can toss that out first before I use my Q on them. The pop burst is better. Honestly the biggest problem is who is laning against you mid or top. If you are laning against Swain or something (a good Swain) you might as well just leave. Your whole laning presence is whittling them down in huge chunks daring them to leave and let you farm or to stay and let you kill them.

Late game LeBlanc falls pretty fast against Bruisers. Absolutely necessary to rush Void Staff before Late game otherwise you are screwed. I like to either get a Catalyst and hold it for a banshee's late and/or get a revolver early

Keysier on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So there you are. Playing LoL, listening to hard rock on Pandora.

And fucking Fleetwood Mac comes up on the playlist.

Buzzkill. I think I died like three times while trying to alt-tab to turn that off and get back to the CCR.

Priest on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Tiny Angry Crab is better than you, I guarantee.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hacksaw, you old crusty so and so, we should plaaaaaaaay thiiiiiiiiiis! But, y'know, maybe not tomorrow... It's L.A. Noire day...................! Every other day though!

Zerg Rush, good games tonight. I'll have my roommate watch those videos.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    QUICKS I NEED A PRO JARVAN BUILD/GUIDE!

hugsaw you are a boss jarvan, tell me how to be the best.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I have decided to play this game.

I seem to like Caitlyn

Docshifty on
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    7/7/23 win as Maokai just now, on a team that also had a Shen and a Rammus.

Tanks winning all the games.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hate alistar.

And I hate that alistar is in EVERY game now.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    alistar is a fucking hoot and his passive kicks some serious ass

no unit collision while i'm spamming abilities and being a dick? dont mind if i do, gentlemen

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    s0hJr.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    s0hJr.png
    wallpaper status.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    CrownAxe wrote: »
    I hate alistar.

And I hate that alistar is in EVERY game now.
    I said this yesterday.

I also love how no one has responded to jarvan build question.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    get some good items on him.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    QUICKS I NEED A PRO JARVAN BUILD/GUIDE!

hugsaw you are a boss jarvan, tell me how to be the best.
    Cloth Armor/5 health pots to start

Build that into a Wriggle's.

Merc Treads.

Phage.

Hexdrinker.

Aegis.

Black Cleaver.

Frozen Mallet.

That should hold you well into end game. But if the game goes on for very long I suggest selling the Wriggle's for a Bloodthirster, the Aegis for a Guardian Angel, and the Hexdrinker for a Banshee's.

You're gonna want to go 21/6/3 (make sure to get the 15% spell pen; Jarv's passive and E are both magic damage). Armor Pen reds and quints, mana regen per level yellows (Jarv has seriously bad mana problems), and leveling MR blues.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

How do I Lee Sin? Whats the skill priorities and item progression for his core?

I just unlocked him

Then my wife was bothering me so I only did a 10 min game against 5-bots and kicked their ass! YEAH, I KICKED THE ASS OF 5-bots!! LEE SIN IS OP!!! YEAAAAH

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    hey, my new computer parts are being delivered RIGHT NOW

My job owes me 2-hours of comp time too, so im bouncing at 2pm from work! (1 hour lunch + 2 hrs)

YEAAAAHhhhhhhh

Now I will be playing LOL IN MAX SETTINGS! WOOOOOO

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wish I was the best Lee Sin player, I've been getting better (I've had him for about a week and a half), but man... I mainly just seem to do extremely average with him and get highly frustrated. Although the frustration could be due to crappy pugs as well.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have LoL on 1920x1080 max settings and I'm pretty sure it's just WC3 with smoother pixels. But oh those bushes are so lush and comfy.

Should I get the 15% magic penetration just for Garen's ultimate? I'm thinking yes. That thing is beastly mid-game when I have cooldown reductions and we're teamfighting. Sword from Space, you spare no one (every 80-100 seconds). My runes are armor penetration, +armor and magic resist. Quint movement speed. Seems pretty good so far.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    lee sin is the best jungler, every day

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Lee: "I love you!"

Sona: "..."

Lee: "...are you there?"