As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword: With Thread and Post

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wish this had a mac version, waa

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't have their address

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    omw brb

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    gods I am so bad at this game.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    M-MannM-Mann Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This game...my god it's insane hard to sometimes solo some bands of looters or bandits. If they have guns and you have terrible armor you're probably gonna die. One lucky shot and your dead. My god.

I'm enjoying it immensely.

M-Mann on
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm used to the guns in Mount and Musket: Battalion (a very excellent though multiplayer-only mod for Warband), which were literal death machines, so the guns seem a little underwhelming to me. I've noticed it's much harder to get AS powerful AS quickly, since you can just hire shittons of tribesmen for 10 gold a whack. Though maybe that will cut down on the plateau stage I tend to end up in where I have huge enemy armies chasing me but I can't manage to get enough dudes on my side to really fight back.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    goddamn I am bad at this game

I miss the vanilla M&B troop commanding, I have to hit too many things to order my dudes around now!

also as a Nord player I'm used to charging my infantry into everything and now they tend to just jump in front of bullets sooooooooooo

YaYa on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I lost the original M&B, but it was probably my second largest timesink behind Morrowind

I will buy this when it is released

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    it is released

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am buying it now

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I bought it, where do I download it? is it just the warband download?

EDIT do not even worry I have tracked it through the woods

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm used to sending all my dudes charging. But then I play horsejerks (Khergit Khanate FTMFW).

Still not quite used to WFAS, but definitely glad I bought it.

I bought it, where do I download it? is it just the warband download?

Neg, it's a separate game.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    fucking internet drops out and the download has to start over again, problem is my internet always drops out every 10 minutes

I don't know how taboo this is, but torrents automatically restart, there are cracks on pirate bay, and I have a genuine key code, could I download one of those and discard the crack, then run my genuine key code?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If you ask me that's fine, since you bought it and you can't download it properly.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    is there any chance I won't be able to update or anything?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well you will probably have to manually download updates and apply them, which will probably be a pain in the butt.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Those are all just .exe anyway aren't they?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    No clue, I'm living in a blissful Steam bubble where the phrase "manual update" is never uttered

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Probably should have bought this on steam
    if you buy a game and register it on steam later is the process automated

also can't wait to pop some grapes

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I have never really heard of buying a game elsewhere and being able to put it on steam.

So that sucks for you.

(I am having so much fun playing this and listening to the bombacast)

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    you can "activate" it on steam, but that just puts a link to it in your library and lets you use the UI overlay

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ok, in the interests of science (and learning the new troop management system) I made a "testing" character.

Threw a bunch of stats together, including maxed out Int / Cha / Trainer, set my level to 62 and got some troops.

Sat and waited, several days passed, no sign of improvement for any of my troops (they were all level 5), no message about them gaining experience.

Is it possible that Trainer does nothing now and we shouldn't be putting points in it?

Fyndir on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    FUCKING CHRIST

nearly the whole fucking thing and then it "finishes" but the download is incomplete

I just want to fucking bomb my ISP

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is this game much harder on the gear than Mount & Blade? I can run that but just barely

Hobnail on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have never really heard of buying a game elsewhere and being able to put it on steam.

So that sucks for you.

(I am having so much fun playing this and listening to the bombacast)

uh... a lot of games can be purchased elsewhere and then activated on Steam. Basically anything that uses Steamworks for DRM for starters, and a bunch of others. All of the Humble Indie Bundle games come to mind as well. It's far from universal, but it's still a pretty common thing.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    that is really very impressive

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Is this game much harder on the gear than Mount & Blade? I can run that but just barely

Yeah I noticed in the video options my performance estimates were a little lower than in Warband. Not by a drastic amount but I did notice it.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I highly recommend Mount & Musket if you're interested in huge multiplayer napoleonic-era line battles.

Edit: Which, just to be clear, is a Mount & Blade: Warband mod, and contains no singleplayer content. If you enjoy the gameplay with guns that Fire and Sword has to offer, it's a fun mod for Warband. It may or may not be moving to F&S, I don't know, I have nothing to do with the development of the mod and not much to do with the community around it. But I know that there were 150 dudes at the last friday line battle, and it was awesome.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I highly recommend Mount & Musket if you're interested in huge multiplayer napoleonic-era line battles.

Edit: Which, just to be clear, is a Mount & Blade: Warband mod, and contains no singleplayer content. If you enjoy the gameplay with guns that Fire and Sword has to offer, it's a fun mod for Warband. It may or may not be moving to F&S, I don't know, I have nothing to do with the development of the mod and not much to do with the community around it. But I know that there were 150 dudes at the last friday line battle, and it was awesome.

That was a super fun time. Too bad we got kicked for not following an order we didn't hear.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    is that mod any fun in single player?

it looks like you'd have to have humans for every person in the regiment since the AI is uh

well they're good at being a mob of angry peasants armed with pitchforks

but not so good at keeping formation like that

edit: I can has reading comprehension

where do I get in on this Napoleonic multiplayer battle shit? I want to blast fools in the name of the Queen

edit again: I just got to the 12:50 mark

holy shit that was slick

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Indeed so, sah!

hailthefish on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    holy crap I want in on that regiment battle

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    tacos and I are about to start up a F&S game if you cowardly little mollies are up for getting your assess handed to you

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    ok I don't know what server he led me to

but that was totally unenjoyable

there were a dozen bots for every human, and they all had better equipment than the actual humans playing on the server

it was like bodysurfing, only instead of soothing ocean waves it was bullets penetrating my fragile body over and over again

I am under the impression that you're supposed to be able to make some money and upgrade your weapons if you can manage to kill more frequently than you die

but there wasn't a single person on the server who was managing it. Everyone had a k/d ration of <1

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Initial reports from the internet suggest that my science was correct.

Mercenary Units do not seem to gain experience, apparently there are a different set of units available if you join a faction, and those will gain experience.

Going to continue my science with my 'testing' character and see if I can uncover the truth behind this.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Before you join a faction you can get units that can grow by defeating brigands that have them as prisoners.

That was a poorly constructed sentance that I can't be bothered to rewrite.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Really, game?

REALLY?
    ScottishMusketeer1.jpg

Before you join a faction you can get units that can grow by defeating brigands that have them as prisoners.

That was a poorly constructed sentance that I can't be bothered to rewrite.

It's cool, I got what you meant, I never bother rescuing prisoners unless they are the same unit type as a unit I already have, because I don't like having too many groups when I look at my party screen.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Is there a purpose to taking prisoners in WFAS beyond getting them to join your party? I haven't seen any ransom brokers.

hailthefish on