Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Document the Atrocities! The American Political Media

1100101103105106

Posts

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Daytime talk show does a show for moronic mothers. This should surprise no one, didn't oprah have on anti vax people? I mean the fucking View has jenny mccarthy.

    Yeah and who do you think is making the decisions to vaccinate their children?

    The Obama admin of course, they control everything.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Centipede Damascusoverride367
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I had to watch 30 minutes of fox news at the gym yesterday my blood pressure was through the fucking roof.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    LovelyEdith Upwards
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I hate christmas so much. My favorite chrismas movie is the Ice Harvest.

    Fuck this stupid holiday and americas slavish devotion to buying shit no one wanted.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Edith UpwardsJeep-EepTOGSolidSyphonBlue
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

    The article literally reads like being nice, and telling people to be nice is kowtowing to liberal agenda.
    This softly-softly approach of not making a fuss has been tried before, and failed. The Second Vatican Council of the 1960’s aimed to “open the windows” of the Church to the modern world by doing just this.

    Pretty sure this is when they finally decided to start doing mass in english instead of latin, right? This is what increased count in mass during a huge drop out period from what I remember?

    steam_sig.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

    The article literally reads like being nice, and telling people to be nice is kowtowing to liberal agenda.
    This softly-softly approach of not making a fuss has been tried before, and failed. The Second Vatican Council of the 1960’s aimed to “open the windows” of the Church to the modern world by doing just this.

    Pretty sure this is when they finally decided to start doing mass in english instead of latin, right? This is what increased count in mass during a huge drop out period from what I remember?

    It also led to the conservative backlash that gave us JPII and Sidious I.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

    The article literally reads like being nice, and telling people to be nice is kowtowing to liberal agenda.
    This softly-softly approach of not making a fuss has been tried before, and failed. The Second Vatican Council of the 1960’s aimed to “open the windows” of the Church to the modern world by doing just this.

    Pretty sure this is when they finally decided to start doing mass in english instead of latin, right? This is what increased count in mass during a huge drop out period from what I remember?

    Vatican II got people to go back to Mother Church after WWII.

    After they refused to do anything about Hitler. After they made treaties with Mussolini in exchange for his turning Garibaldi's statues. After they Franco.

    So yes, Vatican II was very impressive, it was the Church's Hail Mary, their New Deal. WWII was their mess. They couldn't make amends, but they could make things better.

    Edith Upwards on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    CorehealershrykeNocrenMillGnome-Interruptusemp123CokebotleMan in the Mists
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Greenwald outs himself as a professional troll in interview on the Omidyaruffington Post.
    So we'll do the journalism, and then be like, 'OK, government, come get us.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Greenwald outs himself as a professional troll in interview on the Omidyaruffington Post.
    So we'll do the journalism, and then be like, 'OK, government, come get us.

    And if any of them truly cared, or felt threatened, they would.

    jmcdonald
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Greenwald outs himself as a professional troll in interview on the Omidyaruffington Post.
    So we'll do the journalism, and then be like, 'OK, government, come get us.

    u mad?

    Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Honestly Greenwald thinks higher of himself than I'm sure any government does.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    shrykejmcdonaldSyphonBlueCentipede Damascus
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly Greenwald thinks higher of himself than I'm sure any government does.

    The man is a spectacular douche.

    shrykejmcdonaldSyphonBlue
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    And in "could not ever make this shit up" news, the Rev. Moon made the publisher of the Washington Times raise his bastard.

    Worst. Job. Perk. Ever.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I would just like to say I hate the Maddow Blog redesign.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    ShadowfireMild ConfusionCorehealershrykeCokebotle
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    God yeah. I also hate when Benen isn't around to update it.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    ...Barack "charisma isn't a dump stat, nerds" Obama...
    AngelHedgieDoctorArchshrykeCentipede DamascusSalvation122Caulk Bite 6
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Honestly the most recent "revelation" from snowden to me soldifies a lot of his stuff is bullshit. Blizzard claims there is no evidence of NSA spies, and I'm kind of at a loss as to how a player base as insecure and conspiracy theory crazy as the WoW playerbase never once alledged this kind of thing.

    Swear to god he's leaking some middle managers wish list of stupid shit people in real IT said can't be done.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    shryke wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I dunno man Ted Cruz has a lot of education himself, guy is dumb as a brick when he's not on his talking points.

    Indeed. Education doesn't say shit about intelligence.

    GWB graduated Yale.

    Not a proof of any sort, but it's interesting to consider the alternative for a brief moment and how much media plays a role:

    http://keithhennessey.com/2013/04/24/smarter/

    Alegis on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Maddow is going to do a monthly opinion piece for the washington libby libb libberson post. Clearly the Lamestream media just got lamer and more streamer.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I dunno man Ted Cruz has a lot of education himself, guy is dumb as a brick when he's not on his talking points.

    Indeed. Education doesn't say shit about intelligence.

    GWB graduated Yale.

    Not a proof of any sort, but it's interesting to consider the alternative for a brief moment and how much media plays a role:

    http://keithhennessey.com/2013/04/24/smarter/

    To which I would respond "Alright, then evil it is."

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Alegis
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly the most recent "revelation" from snowden to me soldifies a lot of his stuff is bullshit. Blizzard claims there is no evidence of NSA spies, and I'm kind of at a loss as to how a player base as insecure and conspiracy theory crazy as the WoW playerbase never once alledged this kind of thing.

    Swear to god he's leaking some middle managers wish list of stupid shit people in real IT said can't be done.

    If I can find the article, I'll post it, but a few years ago there was an article on how the CIA was monitoring some WoW players because of possible terrorist using it or some shit.

    Also, I know for a fact the Army has used WoW as example of the social media potential for insider threats (along with Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, ect). Not even joking. So I wouldn't say it's too far fetched for the NSA to make the attempt.

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Again its not unheard of some middle manager to go "hmm we should look into that" and then someone else going "Thats fucking retarded". Snowden's releases are just the "we should look into that" without the someone who knows later saying how stupid the plan is.

    And blizzard already said they have no evidence of this happening. I'll take Blizzard's word over snowdens.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    But didn't Facebook and Google say the same thing, then it was revealed that the NSA was in fact spying on them?

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I suspect it was more some addicted employee's genius idea to just play WoW at work all day.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Caulk Bite 6
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    You have to attach billing into to a WoW account. Seems like it'd be riskier than about the billion more anonymous ways to communicate on the internet.

    Caulk Bite 6
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    I suspect it was more some addicted employee's genius idea to just play WoW at work all day.

    Worst job ever!

    shryke wrote: »
    ...Barack "charisma isn't a dump stat, nerds" Obama...
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    But didn't Facebook and Google say the same thing, then it was revealed that the NSA was in fact spying on them?

    WoW logs so many things, I don't think they are lying about this, and again WoW's player base is insane and they too data log their stuff. You're telling me the NSA was using people to spy in a game full of people logging every little bullshit thing that happens to them and no one ever found out? Complete bullshit.

    I would think the same of Second Life considering the playerbase in that dong monster.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    You say that like the NSA sends some guy in a trenchcoat into Azeroth to infiltrate some guild and spy on their raid. Then, when one player asks for the T9 helmet drop in exchange for the other guy getting the privilege of flying into the next building, the agent calls in the hit with the CIA. That's not how this works.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    No more fanciful than the bullshit snowden alledges.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So far all I've heard on this one is "intercepts conversations on XBL/WoW." That's not exactly unbelievable.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So far all I've heard on this one is "intercepts conversations on XBL/WoW." That's not exactly unbelievable.

    I'm reminded of that wargame where the Red (OPFOR) commander humiliated the military so bad that they resorted to cheating. As I recall, he switched to a communication network of couriers on dirt bikes and coded messages in calls to prayer.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So far all I've heard on this one is "intercepts conversations on XBL/WoW." That's not exactly unbelievable.

    And that's the worst job ever.

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    AngelHedgie
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So far all I've heard on this one is "intercepts conversations on XBL/WoW." That's not exactly unbelievable.

    And that's the first job ever.

    Listening to XBL or reading Barrens chat for a few moments is bad enough. 8 hour shifts? Put a bullet in my skull.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    jmcdonaldCaptain CarrotGnome-InterruptusCaulk Bite 6
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So far all I've heard on this one is "intercepts conversations on XBL/WoW." That's not exactly unbelievable.

    And that's the first job ever.

    Which comes back to "people don't understand SIGINT."

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I dunno how I made that typo, it's corrected now and you guys read it right anyway.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    jmcdonaldCaulk Bite 6
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    a
    Alegis wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I dunno man Ted Cruz has a lot of education himself, guy is dumb as a brick when he's not on his talking points.

    Indeed. Education doesn't say shit about intelligence.

    GWB graduated Yale.

    Not a proof of any sort, but it's interesting to consider the alternative for a brief moment and how much media plays a role:

    http://keithhennessey.com/2013/04/24/smarter/

    I have to agree on most points. He wasn't a good speaker when reading a speech, and I assumed it was that he was getting handed a speech to read right then. The article says they know first hand that wasnt happening. But when he spoke conversationally, or off the cuff in media, he was an excellent speaker. He was jet lagged and sat through the olympic events in china, and ran to do an interview and he appeared exhausted but extremely intelligent and knowledgeable about every topic that was thrown at him. I also agree that Obama (recently? He didnt used to be this way) flubs speechs and public speaking all the time. To the point of I wonder why fox is taking the 'teleprompter' angle of attack.

    The article kind of goes off to a weird place, saying bush was framed a dumb jock for all the sports he did, but I don't remember him being in the news being active in sports (he was apparently extremely active, did a 100k bike ride at one point). The man was obviously intelligent, and played it off frequently. Considering how often I remember clinton being shown jogging, and obama playing basketball, I thought it was the opposite.

    DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    The article kind of goes off to a weird place, saying bush was framed a dumb jock for all the sports he did, but I don't remember him being in the news being active in sports (he was apparently extremely active, did a 100k bike ride at one point). The man was obviously intelligent, and played it off frequently. Considering how often I remember clinton being shown jogging, and obama playing basketball, I thought it was the opposite.

    He was framed as a dumb jock because in college that's basically what he was. A partier who cruised along on his family name and mediocre grades. Apparently his dedication to being active and working out was a direct result of going sober.

    Anyway he made lots of flubs as president and more than a few people wonder/ed if he didn't have a mild stroke during the infamous pretzel incident.

This discussion has been closed.