As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[AUTO] 2005 Cobalt Brake Lights

SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
A friend at work told me the left brake light is out, but when I tested it... it lights up when I hit the brakes and is only out when the headlights / parking lights are on. Is this a dim/bright issue in the same bulb or are there two different bulbs? Cause changing a bulb is something I can fix.

However, if it is possibly an electrical problem... I'll have to take it in to get diagnosed.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
SkyCaptain on

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    There are multiple bulbs in the rear.

A 7443 bulb is your best bet I believe.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Depends on what model you have vis a vis coupe or sedan

Either way, if a light is out when you turn your parking lights on, but not when you apply brakes, it's either a: A burnt out low-filament on a dual-filament bulb or b: a burnt out single-filament parking lamp bulb

On the sedan, the bulb you would need is a 3157 double-filament bulb. A coupe would require a 3057 double-filament bulb

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Awesome! Thank you both very much. I`m sure the auto parts store can make sure I get the right bulb. I have the 2 door coupe ls or something.

SOLVED!

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition