As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

4th Panel Idea

goldenfalcongoldenfalcon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited May 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
I love the PATV and the 4th panel episodes are great. I find myself longing to see something from Gabe's perspective though. I understand that the process belongs to both parties involved in Penny Arcade, but it tends to feel like it's focused on Tycho's half.

At PAX, we get to enjoy watching Gabe draw the panels, but most of us only get to see this once a year. I yearn to see more, MOAR! Basically, it would be cool to see the process Gabe goes through to draw what he does. Just thinking out loud here, what do you guys think?

goldenfalcon on

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You might want to e-mail them directly, they don't read the forums.

Peen on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think there's a live feed of Mike drawing the strip on occasion.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mike has a ustream occasionally where he draws and chats with people. You might want to look up his twitter or somthing for updates since he dosent do it everyday.

Bedlam on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    As someone who has listened to every podcast numerous times and watched every episode of PATV I'd actually argue that if there's any skew on who has more input as far as intial ideas and punchlines go it's Mike. Which doesn't really tell us a whole lot because we're only talking about the strips that have been podcasted or had a 4th panel which is a very tiny number of the strips.

Listening to the pocasts/watching PATV it's pretty clear their writing process is extremely collaberative with them bouncing ideas and lines back and forth all over the place so describing the writing process as "Tycho's half" is really kind of innacurate.

HappylilElf on