As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wheel of [MiniPhalla]- Game Over, Seanchan/Village victory!

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'll allow it.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was really worried when "Seanchan made a move" showed up in black last night and then I got a PM from Sir Fabulous titled "Hahahaha." Was trying to figure out the significance of all that without just asking him. :P

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I was thinking if there were only a few seanchans around and I couldn't make a bridge to bring Drez over, I could just kill as many people as I could.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well I won't be here for narration, but I'll check in later. Just wanted to say great game. :) Thanks, TTR.

And I wouldn't have been half as effective if El Skid and Spudge (my hoes), and Ringo and LFHX (post-collaring) hadn't been so helpful.

Fun game to un-retire to. This is my first phalla in over a year, I think. Maybe longer.

Drez on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Who killed me the first day and why? I was going to get myself killed the second day by trying to teach lonelyahava how to channel. I see from the mafia boards I wasn't the only to be taken in.

Thetheroo, what kinds of powers would I have gotten from "superior weaves"?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2011
    The real question is, why was everyone in my faction so bad? Also, is the only reason that I managed to not die throughout the game because I never talked to any confirmed people?

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Did my death gambit accomplish anything, or did it just get zanmatto killed?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What the heck was the village thinking, anyway?

"Let's all reveal! That's a great idea!" :o

2 female channelers revealed in the first day, but sadly none of them lived to be collared...

I had a couple of questions about things that did or could have happened:

1) What would have happened to the seanchan if the Empress died?

2) What the heck was up with Rand exploding?

El Skid on
  • Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ahava is a filthy dirty liar this game. ~_~

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    While I probably don't deserve it, since I was a horrible, inactive player this game, if all the threats to light are gone and all the channelers are dead and/or chained, wouldn't I, Eamon Valda, have won as well?

Posthumously, of course.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Jolly good time.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think I played a pivotal role in the village's victory...

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I revealed to a mafia and died horribly.

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    we died horribly as well

even with all the reveals a lot of specials. granted, we had a one way redirector which is amazingly powerful but unfortunately duna/T_A were inactive, which brought T_A on the chopping block.

so what's the deal with T_R and why didnt roleblocks on him work?

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Drez you are my hero. You turned my loss into a victory. Hehehehe. High of the Five.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wasn't inactive, I withdrew.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    No one ever targetted me with anything :(

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, sorry about that. I was completely cut off from any internet access all week, so I wasn't able to phalla very much.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am never revealing again...

I think the whole damn village revealed because somehow two seers were voted on equally on day 1. I have no idea why T_R revealed though. Should have listened to me and balefired Lonely on day 1. Otherwise... never listen to me.

I think balefire was redirected onto T_R somehow.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh yeah, guys, I was another seer, so there were 3?
    My target died and then I was killed on I think day 2.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I was a seer as well. Though I could only find channeling men.

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I would have liked to see how my power worked.

I was vote immune, though "something bad" would have happened had I won the vote.

Also...I totally made Padan Fain my warder. Radsauce.

This was a fun game because I kind of ended up in on everything. Ringo, did I get collared because of you? Did you sell me out to the dirty Sanchean?

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I had the power to give people one of three Ter'angreal. I'm curious what they would have done. Fun game nonetheless, I thought the village was doomed after two seers and Rand got outed on the first day. I should have listened to hava and kept up hope.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I fucked up on day two. by not thinking through the order of actions.

that's about it, really.

although i had a blast on day one.

thanks kids.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    yeah that gambit ended terribly for me haha. only one person revealed, and with a role that couldn't help my about to get murdered plight at all

zanmatto on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh, and i finished the Towers last night.

i am both happy with the improved writing, the results by the end of the book and now, once again, anxious to finally finish this

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man, the order of actions got us a couple times. I would have really liked to bring reflection over to our side.

Thanks for hosting roo, fun game while I was living, and then fun to watch. Also, got me going on reading these. I'm now about 250 pages into eye of the world. Greatly enjoying it so far.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    zanmatto wrote: »
    yeah that gambit ended terribly for me haha. only one person revealed, and with a role that couldn't help my about to get murdered plight at all

I'm sorry :?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    it's all good bro.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I now have two Wheel of Time phalla victories under my belt. Whee. Thwbother one was Rygar's SE++ phalla a couple of years ago.

Drez on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So wait, Sir Fab wasn't Nynaeve?

And we didn't all die?

Fuck yes!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'll get around to host pms in a minute, but here's my story:

I was Moiraine Damodred, Aes Sedai. I started the game with two shots of balefire, and the ability to bond a warder.

Day One: I was attempting to get the village to tie the vote because on Day Two I could balefire one of the voters which would remove their vote causing the Day One vote to not be a tie: Ta daa, one public seered seer in the game! (the other seer would've stayed dead, heh). But y'all listened to some mafia about 'tying the vote is always bad!' and it didn't happen. So I fried 38thDoe for being suspicious instead.

Day Two: Ahava reveals and I thank her for allowing me to public seer Loser. Secondary vote falls on kuhlmeye, holy shit we might be winning!

Day Three: I encourage Loser to buddy up to the SK, while we both look into how suspicious dead MaxFrost is (whoops). I'm outta balefire and thus expendable so I talk more in thread.

Day Four: Got collared by Drez, gave me one shot of balefire and what I thought was a diminished chance at winning. Can't balefire Drez myself without ending the world in paradox, so I balefire Alegis instead. Then I ask The_Reflection to trust me and use his one shot of balefire on Vertroue. What SHOULD have happened was Vertroue gets erased, the Day Three vote gets tied between Drez and JaysonFour. Drez dies, vertroue dies, vote trickles to Lucedes. Drez never collars me, my win condition reverts, my balefire never hits Alegis (sorry Drez). Instead, TR balefires himself and Anon/Wildcat comes back into the game.

At this point the village had no kills beside the vote. We should have lost

But we didn't! Yay!

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I gave myself a kill after everyone got themselves killed, but the game ended today.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ringo wrote: »

And we didn't all die?

Fuck yes!

He was. Apparently, I could collar Forsaken.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    PMs!

I ask TTR about my vote manip shenanigans, TTR warns me that balefire is seriously unpredictable business:
    Thetheroo wrote:
    Ringo wrote:
    Thetheroo wrote:
    Ringo wrote:
    Thetheroo wrote:
    529px-Moiraine_saliba2.jpgMoiraine Damodred  You are of the Blue Ajah and were the one who discovered the three Ta'veren in the Two Rivers.  You are extremely powerful, being one of the few Aes Sedai alive who knows the weave of Balefire.  Powers-  You may use Balefire twice.  This usage of Balefire will kill the target and nullify any actions they took the previous day.  You may also bond one character as your warder, though they must agree to the process.  The warder will then gain special abilities.  Win condition-  Destroy all threats to the Light and your victory at the Last Battle.

Does the balefire also nullify the target's vote from the previous day? (potentially changing the outcome of the vote)

Also where in the action order does balefire exist? Does it still fire if I am vigged the same day? Does it come before that day's vote?

It can.

It comes at the same time as the rest of the vigs, and will fire if you are vigged that same day. Unless you are hit with balefire yourself. Also, I forgot to mention that you have the chance to gain more usages of balefire. You don't yet know how, though.

Am I going to regret interpreting "It Can" for "Yes"?

Nope, though whenever you mess with time shit is probably not going to go as you expect. I can't help you with that.

TTR GIVES ME THE POWER TO END THE GAME AT A WHIM:
    Thetheroo wrote:
    Ringo wrote:
    Thetheroo wrote:
    Ringo wrote:
    Thetheroo wrote:
    The Empress of Seanchan, Drez, may she live forever, has collared you to her will. Your new win condition is to defeat the forces of the Dark and see all channellers either leashed or dead.

Can I still bond a Warder?

Oh, and you get 1 more use of balefire from having a sul'dam draw out your power.

If I use balefire on Drez my win condition should revert. But then I wouldn't have balefire! OW MY HEAD

If you do that, I will end the game right there, host victory for a dumbass player screwing up the Pattern.

I warn Drez that I am thinking about killing him. Drez laughs.
    Drez wrote:
    Ringo wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Ringo wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Ringo wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Ringo wrote:
    You bastard. Now you're gonna get killed and I'm going to end up lugging this stupid win condition around on my own.

The only good news is that I got another shot of balefire for being leashed. If we can make a goddamned good guess at who Padan Fain is, I can bring back his latest kill.

What powers do you have? Am I to assume I'm your first captured channeller?

You are. I might have another lead but I won't know until the morning. Let me hit you up later in the day.

Also, can I ask why the hell people were voting for me? I'm trying to refrain from "protesting too much" because that never goes over well but I'm not really comprehending what went into that, or what I did to make people suspicious of me.

Residual suspicion due to Ahava talking to you, I think. Also you're an older player who none of the current crowd has a feel for your playstyle, which means it's always best to eliminate you in case you turn out to be a pro.

Anyway, I'm currently in contact with LoserForHireX, who is in turn in contact with T_R. We'd have to leash or kill both of them to win (and Sir Fab? And Lucedes, who has told Loser that she is Aes Sedai as well, but I'm thinking she's mafia). Loser has bonded Grundlterror as his Warder, and that means Grundl's can guard Loser as an action. Dunno if it stops your leashing power or not.

I can also bond someone as my warder, but I'd need your permission to do so.

Can you tell me more about this bonding thing? You can target anyone? What if you target someone that ends up being mafioso?
    I have no idea. I actually don't know what it does, only that Loser has said bonding Grundl to him gave Grundl the power to guard Loser, which jives with my role PM saying that bonding a Warder would give the Warder extra abilities.

That sounds to me like the person you attempt to bond with must be a warder, unless I have misinterpreted you.

The question I would then have is if this is a 1:1 relationship, or if you could also bond to Grundlterror.

If it is anything like my collaring ability, trying to bond with the wrong person may publicly reveal the attempt to everyone.

You also said you needed my approval? Like...TTR requires it? How is that referenced in your PM?

My role PM says that I may bond one character as my warder as long as both the target and I agree to it.

I asked TTR if I could still bond a warder while leashed, and he said "Only with permission from the Empress". Dunno about multiple bonds to the same target. Though I did ask if I could bond you as my Warder, but I haven't received a response to that one yet.

Also - good news! I asked what would happen if I targeted you with balefire, which would then revert me to my old win condition - but also make it so I never had any balefire to shoot you with. TTR said he would immediately end the game due to the breaking of the Pattern and then publicly ridicule me for being outrageously stupid.

So we won't be doing that :)

Heh.

Without revealing that I've been collared, I ask T_Reflection to balefire vertroue. TR wants to know why. Poor TR.
    Ringo wrote:
    could you explain to me exactly what you think vertroue has done that balefire will undo?

I can't, according to my win condition. This is purely a question of 'Do you trust Ringo, Y/N?'
    Y

I try to clue Thetheroo in on my shenanigans to make sure he sees the same things I'm seeing. Apparently he sees something even worse. whoops
    Thetheroo wrote:
    Ringo wrote:
    Use balefire on Alegis

unless, of course, some total bastard accidentally ties up yesterday's vote by using balefire and thus eliminates my source of balefire

then I guess I just twiddle my thumbs

and laugh

Oh God, my mind is breaking just thinking about it.

I setup the endgame, and give props to TTR for neatly snaring us all by giving the mafia a major character as a cover role. Thank god for collaring, as Grunl continues to manipulate us.
    Ringo wrote:
    Well, maybe I didn't fuck the village as bad as I thought! And with Rand gone, we might even have a chance of completing our win condition!

Here's my list of remaining players and their roles:

1: Ringo - Moiraine
    2: Wildcat - Rahvin DEFINITELY MAFIA
    3: Sir Fabulous - Claims Nynaeve
    4: El Skid - Seanchan
    5: Lucedes - Claims Lelaine (Aes Sedai seer) PROBABLY MAFIA
    6: TheLawinator - Claims Mat (was seered for taint by Roman)
    7: Grundlterror - Did we ever get a claim for him?
    8: Drez - Seanchan
    9: LoserForHireX - Elayne

So, we know Wildcat is evil. We know that Ringo, Loser, Drez, El Skid, and TheLaw are not. Grundlterror is probably not Forsaken because he started the Kuhlmeye wagon. It is possible he's Padan Fain, however.

Lucedes is either Fain or another Forsaken. I like her for Fain as the first thing she did after Day 1 narration was comment on Fain being a serial killer.

If Sir Fab was using Nynaeve as a cover role, props to Thetheroo for bucking some expectations and getting us all killed. Anyway, Sir Fab needs to be the target for collaring tonight.

The problem: There are nine of us, with 2-3 mafia left. They have access to 3 kills. We have the vote and no kills (unless collaring gave Loser a kill?). Assuming there are two forsaken and Fain (worst case scenario), if we kill a forsaken and they kill three villagers that leaves us with 3 villagers vs 2 mafia, and they have three kills that come before the vote. In the same scenario, if we kill Fain, its 3 villagers vs 2 mafia, and they only have 2 kills making the last day 1 villager vs 1 mafia, Mafia wins.

That is all assuming, of course, that they actually get to use their three kills. Today the Forsaken only got one kill off, which may be because they targeted someone who was guarded.

Can Grundlterror guard Loser again today?

Also, does El Skid have an action? If he doesn't, I'd like to bond him as my warder and set him to guarding me tonight.

My warder has used up his two guards. One last night, one the night before. Grundl also sent me a PM saying that he was under the impression that I was attacked. So maybe he got a PM saying his guard actually guarded.

And finally, Drez sends me his orders for the day. Good job Drez!
    Ringo wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    I'd like to try to collar Sir Fabulous.

I'm not the host!

Looking at the Mafia board, I do find it interesting that with all the revealing to Ahava Day 1, none of them even bother to look twice at somebody who promises public seering and vote nullification to the village. Good job village!

And I'm still curious as to how the balefire shenanigans ended up the way they did

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »

And we didn't all die?

Fuck yes!

He was. Apparently, I could collar Forsaken.

Silly Drez. Nynaeve isn't a Forsaken.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Game was too short. I finally had all my ducks in a row as to defensive stuff and I was only attacked once day 1!

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    god damn...We could have done something, A) I screwed up day 2 I think when Ahava died. I was at work and couldn't change my vote to guard ahava instead so that got 2 mafia killed. After duna withdrew, we got stuck with anon who never posted in the phalla, nor did he get on the boards. He could have been usefull b/c he had the redirect but since he never got on the boards we were screwd over. Once he was dead and came back as wildcat, well Cat posted once in the phalla and once on the boards....that and the day cat came in NO one of the 2 mafia that were left posted kill orders or abilities.....

gaaa

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    le sighs. It was fun I was glad I got to be mafia, now the long...long wait to get it again lols.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Can't say I had any clue what was going on, so I can't say whether I enjoyed it or not! I barely even had time to read the role PM!

Wildcat on